WTF happen to the "pulse" exodus thing?

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.
ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:33 pm

Da Mule wrote:
uski wrote:The only thing I didn't like about Exodus at the time was that I had no idea how long it would take. No signs (excepted at the end), almost no announcements on the radio, nothing. I really, really had no idea at all that it was going to take 4-5 hours (left monday at 10am...)
That's weird. We left at 9:30AM, were at the road by 1:15 and we heard several announcements on BMIR predicting 3-4 hours, which was accurate. We heard the announcements on radio both before we left camp and while in exodus.
I can say, that, I was working perimeter during pulsing, and, BMIR was calling on the radio fairly frequently for time updates "to the highway".....so, would think, they were announcing it, with some regularity.

"I'll pulse your exodus"...........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:40 pm

ygmir wrote:"I'll pulse your exodus"...........
Oh honey, you know you make me all hot when you talk dirty that way.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

ygmir
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:59 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:
ygmir wrote:"I'll pulse your exodus"...........
Oh honey, you know you make me all hot when you talk dirty that way.
[youtube][/youtube]
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

help
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Misfit Nation

Post by help » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:02 pm

Loved the pulse.
Hit the tail of the cluster right at noon Monday, on the blacktop at 2:30. So little dust, I almost didn't change the airfilter in Fernley.
I was better last year.

TripoleAAA
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Tazii camp

Re: WTF happen to the "pulse" exodus thing?

Post by TripoleAAA » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:35 pm

I thought the exodus was going to suck a lot more than it did I was at a ragin hot dog party most of the time handing out and eating left over food. There was a sound system and dance party for 3 or 4 consecutive pulses. A talented violinist and myself were jammin in the street acousticly to the edm and funk music playing. good fun beats the 2 or 3 hours of sleep i may or may not have gotten sitting there. does anyone know the name of the art car that those guys in the RV own? I am trying to track down the captain for next year. I know his first name but thats it.

Ano
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Everlasting Fuck-you's

Post by Ano » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:14 pm

edit: Oh, this is from 2010. Sorry, my post doesn't correlate to 2010.

FossaFerox
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Vinyl Bunker

Post by FossaFerox » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:20 pm

9 hour exodus here. We left at 4 AM on Monday and didn't reach pavement till 1 PM. At one point we sat perfectly motionless for two hours, terrified all the while we'd be caught on the playa during the storm and delayed even further.
ygmir wrote:Everyone loves you there, and no one cares a shit about you..........all at once. and vice versa.

Return to “Stories”