Favorite MV's this year?

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.
cahlm
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Geodesia

Favorite MV's this year?

Post by cahlm » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:48 am

I gotta take my hat off to that huge dinosaur with the pink LEDs this year. It was truely mind blowing. Anyone know the name/crew of it?

What were yours?

magmagirl

Post by magmagirl » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:29 am

The Rhino!!!

shroom
Burning Since: 2010

Re: Favorite MV's this year?

Post by shroom » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:08 am

cahlm wrote:I gotta take my hat off to that huge dinosaur with the pink LEDs this year. It was truely mind blowing. Anyone know the name/crew of it?

What were yours?
I don't know what it was called, but got to ride it the night of the white out. It was great.

I loved the unicorn, the yacht, all the shroom cars, too many to list.
"Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire."~~Fred Shero

teardropper
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: The late Lazy Fucks. Now Orphan Eaters.

Post by teardropper » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:41 am

magmagirl wrote:The Rhino!!!
I don't think he's talking about the Rhino. It had red panels. They were at Eagle's Nest preburn, and it was very cool. They were from the Northwest, Portland, maybe? There was one with pink lights, also very cool.
\^/
/..\ Furthur

Bling

Post by Bling » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:58 am

I was thrilled to get to see and go on the Neverwas Haul (the steam punk 2 story house), and also loved the huge butterfly, the praying mantis, the wind-up toy car, the flying carpet, Abraxis (the copper dragon), and lots of others. :D

SnowBlind

Post by SnowBlind » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:56 am

I loved the giant Volkswagen Van, so much detail on that one when you get close.

A lot of large ships out this year, the Gypsy Queen and the Christina were beautiful.

The Front Porch, the frontier house being pulled by a trailer was also amazing.

Gage
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Shadyvil

Post by Gage » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:28 am

Ahhh. The Surly Car for sure (great group of people), and also this 2-story vehicle (if anyone knows the name of it please PM me), nothing too fancy, that started off in front of Root Society around 9pm on Friday, took us into the dust storm in the deep playa and ended up at Opulent. We met some of the friendliest kissers/grinders all week on that 2nd deck! LOL Still looking for the girl who was sporting a wedding dress and told us that she was married to the playa... We did meet her spouse later, who was trying to wrangler his little smooching bandit... ;)
Seeker & Creator of Present-Moment Magic

magmagirl

Post by magmagirl » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:48 pm

No, I was saying the Rhino was my fave.

cahlm

Post by cahlm » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:05 pm

Surley Bird is always great. My buddy pilots the bird every year and has to drive it out there from Reno with no windshield. This year he got lots of rain on the way out.

jannypan

Post by jannypan » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:57 pm

The dragon is named Gon Ki Rin (Light Dragon)

C.f.M.
Camp Name: Stag Camp 810&D

Post by C.f.M. » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:18 am

The Clown. I only saw it really once, but it was playing something creepy and I loved it.

Fire_Moose

Post by Fire_Moose » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:59 am

i loved it when "Gon Ki Rin" crossed my path, i'd stop and let the majestic dragon go on it's way.

I also loved seeing the giant yacht on saturday night, just off of esp.

One of the camps near by was playing that "I'm on a mother fuckin' boat, bitch" song hahaha good times
2K8 Burning Man Virgin 2K11 Camp Envy
2K9 Camp Envy 2k12 Fucking Flamingoes
2k10 Stag Camp 2k13 Camp Envy

penrose

Post by penrose » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:59 pm

[quote="Fire_Moose"]One of the camps near by was playing that "I'm on a mother fuckin' boat, bitch" song hahaha good times[/quote]

If near 7:30 / B that was us, but even better is the guitar version "I'm on a motherfuckin bike" that was played live on BMIR.

masho

Post by masho » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:49 pm

Many great mutant vehicles this year but my favorite had to be the Polar Bear.

Fire_Moose

Post by Fire_Moose » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:22 am

Oh yeah, and the butterfly MV was majestic! loved that fucker.
2K8 Burning Man Virgin 2K11 Camp Envy
2K9 Camp Envy 2k12 Fucking Flamingoes
2k10 Stag Camp 2k13 Camp Envy

bluesbob
Camp Name: AV

Post by bluesbob » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:14 am

The one that pulled up next to me outside Root Society on Thursday night. I just had my bike stolen and wasn't in a very good mood. I stopped to let it pass, instead it stopped. The "doorman" jumped off, looked at me, and said "Hop aboard". I did...and I took an incredibly fun ride all around the playa. I didn't give a shit about the bike anymore.

Thecatman
Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: alone

Post by Thecatman » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:23 am

I liked the military helicopter. It had good helicopter sound effects. It looked to be built on a UPS or bread truck step van body. They were camped at 8:30 & J, a block down from us.
My cats are cuter than your grandkids!

"Government is not the solution to our problems, government is the problem." Ronald Reagan

Eric
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Post by Eric » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:35 am

The Front Porch was probably my favorite of the larger MV's, but I also liked the Butterfly & the huge real yacht. The yacht was just an OMFG moment when I saw it.

For the smaller "personal" MV's my favorite two were the small airship by the same people who do the Snail Car & the Trilobite- I was having a hard time acclimating on Monday AM & this went by & put me right in the mood; the other was the homeless shopping cart, built along the same lines as the Cupcakes, but it was a shopping cart with a "homeless guy" (actually a manikin) "pushing" it & the driver sitting in the shopping cart. Only his head was visible, looking like a passed out body.
It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Regarding Scammers & Scalpers
Please read above link for all official information.

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly

jaygo

Re: Favorite MV's this year?

Post by jaygo » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:39 am

cahlm wrote:I gotta take my hat off to that huge dinosaur with the pink LEDs this year. It was truely mind blowing. Anyone know the name/crew of it?
it was Gon KiRin. I am the manager. You can find us on Facebook, or give me a shout at ledartistusa@gmail.com.

jgo

RACESV

Similar Art Car

Post by RACESV » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:15 pm

I built and own an art car that looks like a desert island with two palm trees in the front with a hammock and a boat on top is where I put all the driving controls. I have been bringing this car for 3 years now. This year, I heard TONS of stories from my campmates about an art car that looks very similar but with a tiki lounge on the roof. I guess imitation is the best form of flattery, but it sucks when they are both soooo similar (hammock and all). I never got the chance to see it and ask if my egg came before his/her chicken. Anyone have pics of this art car?

Bexx
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Camp _____ (cock and balls)

Post by Bexx » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:14 pm

the upside down COW MV made me laugh.. because it seemed to be everywhere I turned. AS well as the little SPERM car too. The Chinese Take-Out, the mother fucking huge BRC ship, the front porch -which I got to stop and hear them do Tom Waits Fall of Troy! I loved that!!! I got video of the super cute little tiki guy going by at night.. - oh, and UBER thanks to Camp Ezra's MV for stopping by my camp (with the giant blue balls sign) and blasting us some TOOL!
fuckshit-tit-balls-goddamn motherfucker../Little Miss Swears A Lot!

bluesbob
Camp Name: AV

Re: Similar Art Car

Post by bluesbob » Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:14 am

RACESV wrote:I built and own an art car that looks like a desert island with two palm trees in the front with a hammock and a boat on top is where I put all the driving controls. I have been bringing this car for 3 years now. This year, I heard TONS of stories from my campmates about an art car that looks very similar but with a tiki lounge on the roof. I guess imitation is the best form of flattery, but it sucks when they are both soooo similar (hammock and all). I never got the chance to see it and ask if my egg came before his/her chicken. Anyone have pics of this art car?
Yes I do. I've never figured out how to get a pic off my pc onto this site though.

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Re: Similar Art Car

Post by AntiM » Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:05 am

bluesbob wrote:
RACESV wrote:I built and own an art car that looks like a desert island with two palm trees in the front with a hammock and a boat on top is where I put all the driving controls. I have been bringing this car for 3 years now. This year, I heard TONS of stories from my campmates about an art car that looks very similar but with a tiki lounge on the roof. I guess imitation is the best form of flattery, but it sucks when they are both soooo similar (hammock and all). I never got the chance to see it and ask if my egg came before his/her chicken. Anyone have pics of this art car?
Yes I do. I've never figured out how to get a pic off my pc onto this site though.
Easiest way to to go through a site such as photobucket or imageshack.

cahlm

Post by cahlm » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:51 am

Anyone know what camp that awesome, shit talking clown MV was with. I'd like to give them a high 5.

percussivepaul

Post by percussivepaul » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:34 am

I need to give a shout out to the Death Star. I don't know if it was the most beautiful or creative MV on the playa, but it makes up for it in sheer size and audacity.

Mostly they have my respect because they were my neighbors, and I saw them building it, and I got to ride with them. Just from seeing them struggling with assembly for three days I began to understand the mammoth amount of work that goes into a successful MV. Hats off to them and all the other MV's.

Savannah
Burning Since: 2018

Post by Savannah » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:10 am

I gotta take my hat off to that huge dinosaur with the pink LEDs this year. It was truely mind blowing. Anyone know the name/crew of it?
When I saw the title of this thread I came in here just to cite the very same vehicle! I stood next to the amazing pink stegosaur(?) for at least 5 minutes just trying to commit its magnificence to memory & rueing my decision to leave the camera back at camp . . .

Well, it'll turn up in the year's photos on the main website; that's for damned sure.

bdeywoo

Post by bdeywoo » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:35 am

Bexx wrote: oh, and UBER thanks to Camp Ezra's MV for stopping by my camp (with the giant blue balls sign) and blasting us some TOOL!
You are very welcome, TOOL TIME was awesome! Sitting at camp watching your sober checkpoint was quite entertaining as well.

mars

Post by mars » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:16 am

I loved the stage coach! The people were so friendly and awesome! They let us control the ipod selection and we had a glorious time with a full-house sing-a-long all across the playa.
Live as if everyone loves you and thinks you look great. Dance as if no one is watching.

magmagirl

Post by magmagirl » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:54 pm

Oh and the cupcakes!

And the Tex-Ass Hauler...made me giggle every time I saw it.

And the awesome human-powered bike MV that let us peddle and go for a trip through the MV Car Wash!

Token
Burning Since: 2001

Post by Token » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:37 pm

My MV was absolutely, positively the third bast MV out there! Period!

OED gets second place on account of having the biggest dick on Playa, but despite having the biggest set of sacks on the MV, the honors must go to ...

LCN & Carine for the contraption.

No words can describe the: putt , putt, putt, poooooof .... Of the tobacco setter!

I'm honored to have met the Southern Getlemen with the goatee and lady!

Return to “Stories”