My petition to ban glowsticks and feathers

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.
Rilopie
Burning Since: 2008

Post by Rilopie » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:37 pm

changoloco, are you going to be enforce this ban? If not, then who? Will they be handing out citations to the violators? Will they have their glowsticks and feathers taken away?
I think that bmorg is doing their best by saying that feathers=moop in as many places as possible.

changoloco
Burning Since: 1997

Post by changoloco » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:38 pm

Rilopie wrote:changoloco, are you going to be enforce this ban? If not, then who? Will they be handing out citations to the violators? Will they have their glowsticks and feathers taken away?
I think that bmorg is doing their best by saying that feathers=moop in as many places as possible.
I would love to enforce this ban, unfortunately, my fiance is attempting to help me to become less bossy and I think that she would take exception to me enforcing it. So for now, I would just prefer to get it into the survival guide. But, if I am really, really needed, I will become the feather/glowstick cop for a day.
Live the life you love, Love the life you live

Rilopie
Burning Since: 2008

Post by Rilopie » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:46 pm

changoloco wrote:. But, if I am really, really needed, I will become the feather/glowstick cop for a day.
I think you should! You have 11 months to find the perfect feather/glowstick cop uniform.

unjonharley
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Elliot's naked bycycel repair

Post by unjonharley » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:55 pm

Dept. of Public Works garbage can on wheels.. Broom and shovel in can..

White painters bib overalls.. White paper painters cap.. Must watch Pink Panther cartoon again and again.. To get unifom right..

Next years Moop Mobile

bluesbob
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: AV

Post by bluesbob » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:04 pm

RedHeaven wrote:I saw instead we make a protest that the Chinese make some real L Wire that actually is worth the money and works well. They ALWAYS break on me and I HAVE to have a back up Glowstick stash or else I will turn into Darky Darkerson. and nobody likes that.
I had 15' of EL. By Thursday, when the bike was "borrowed", I was down to 9'. Everyday a foot or two would break off. Where? I had no clue. I switched to Glowsticks in the spokes of my next loaner. Never lost one.

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:09 pm

kman wrote: Glow sticks I am all for. At least they serve a purpose and are relatively easy to clean up. (And I'm not completely sold on the environmental argument... I think it's a much closer call than people realize, comparing glow stick pollution and waste to electronic light stick + battery pollution and waste)
Yes!
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

willyloafofphora

Post by willyloafofphora » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:12 am

How about just banning tribal scenesters.
Excrement, incestuous person. I require my copulating currency, incestuous person.

willyloafofphora

Post by willyloafofphora » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:15 am

How about just banning tribal scenesters.
Excrement, incestuous person. I require my copulating currency, incestuous person.

Box Burner

Post by Box Burner » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:54 pm

Yeah, let's ban glow sticks. It's fun being a darkwad. cheaper too. :roll:
Dance in the heart of chaos. . . . .

ὁ δὲ ἀνεξέταστος βίος οὐ βιωτὸς ἀνθρώπῳ
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - --- Σωκράτης

Eklypz
Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Hookahdome

Post by Eklypz » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:25 am

Heck, I have dpw friends that wear feathers. I asked them about it and they always say they make theirs real secure..I just smile but if anyone can they can in my book :D

Guess Feathers are just too cool!
~o(Eklypz)o~

Antoinette

Post by Antoinette » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:16 pm

Trust me, I wanted nothing more than to put my ostrich feathers in my wigs but ended up not doing it. I'm working on coming up with maybe a way to do an l wire version of the ostrich feather? I loved the fiberoptic hair clips too, they were feathery. but at least feathers are from nature. . . better than man made plastic moop.

Also~ how many more damn darkies would there be if it wasn't for glo sticks? Our camp actually gifted darkies with glow sticks so we would see them . . . sorry. :roll:
*Antoinette*

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:03 pm

Um. Maybe it's because I'm a middle-aged woman who read too much, but "darkies" just sets off the bells.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Playa Foot

Post by Playa Foot » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:10 pm

It is amusing that currently the thread following this one is a rant against darkwads.

neon tetra

Post by neon tetra » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:36 pm

Then it's settled.

We shall ban both light and dark!

brcmysharona

Post by brcmysharona » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:14 pm

DancesWithElves -I am also ready to cross that line into forced feather feeding! But I won't be able to stop at the dropped feathers, I'll put the whole wing down their throats.

thank you mars for your greeter ? because of the unbelievable amount of butts...which also goes for homerolled little 1/4 inch papers with burned tips I picked up all over the place.

You can have the look of feathers without using feathers.
(image)
Well I was going to add a picture I took of the peacock art car, but it's not posted online. So pretend you saw the awesome display of non-feathered feathers.

[/img]
It's like I'm real now, where before I was only imagining me.

Simon of the Playa
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Post by Simon of the Playa » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:17 am

don't hate me because i'm a permanent darkwad.

i like it that way, and i've been out there longer than your mama washed your clothes for you, so fuck off with your blinkies, and dont fuck with my burn, you goddamn light-heads and L-Wire Junkies.

The shadows are my domain.

As far as Glowsticks go, they are non-re-usable, and at approx 10 sticks per participant (a reasonable, conservative estimate) that means over a half a million of those fuckers....

that must be a whole eighteen fucking wheeler of cheap chinese plastic because YOU had to put little rings on your utilikilt that light up and call it a "Costume"...

suck it.
Frida Be You & Me

¡Niers!

Post by ¡Niers! » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:12 pm

How about no more rules added to the massive list of rules and laws we already have?

Just use your freaking heads and pick up what you drop. Or just don't drop ANYTHING!
Does your feather boa make that kinda hard to do? Don't bring it, ass-face!

But, no matter what.....on your way out, gift your ass off to the DPW on the way out/anybody else that's not leaving. They're the one's that make this event possible for the next year.

unjonharley
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Elliot's naked bycycel repair

Post by unjonharley » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:17 pm

¡Niers! wrote:How about no more rules added to the massive list of rules and laws we already have?

Just use your freaking heads and pick up what you drop. Or just don't drop ANYTHING!
Does your feather boa make that kinda hard to do? Don't bring it, ass-face!

But, no matter what.....on your way out, gift your ass off to the DPW on the way out/anybody else that's not leaving. They're the one's that make this event possible for the next year.
I'm bare'n my ass to no DPW.. Even if they promise a smuch on the brown

:wink:

LeChatNoir

Post by LeChatNoir » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:45 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:Um. Maybe it's because I'm a middle-aged woman who read too much, but "darkies" just sets off the bells.
Yes... that made me sort of cringe. Should probably stay away from that particular descriptive.
The New and Improved Black Cat... now with 25% more blather

Return to “Stories”