am drunk, but dreaming... of home.

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.
Bexx
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Camp _____ (cock and balls)

am drunk, but dreaming... of home.

Post by Bexx » Sat May 28, 2011 2:34 am

It is now 2:30 pacific time. I am high on some rum and have been watching movies non-stop on my netflix instant. That in itself has nothing to do with the burn... What does have to do with it - is I've been using a lotion (the science of scent @ BM) the past couple of days.. and it has literally TAKEN ME HOME. - Right now - It is as if I am in my tent.. i've just come back from riding my bike and am getting ready to pass out. I AM THERE.

I am having deep memories of being on shrooms and taking a 3am bike ride around my "neighborhood" - I am having memories of last year being my first burn, and me, out on a bike ride.. coming back to my camp... and being caught in a storm.. standing in front of the man... by myself. I was scared for a brief moment. Then I realized... this is me, at an epic moment in my life.

It stumps me to this day - how something can have made me lose all touch with reality - yet make me feel whole.

For years I'd had friends that told me I needed to be there.. that I belonged.. it shocked me - at how well my friends knew me.. for they were so right.

This year I am bringing my Husband and my Best Friend. - Both whom I know need to be there. I can't wait to get home.
fuckshit-tit-balls-goddamn motherfucker../Little Miss Swears A Lot!

Dr. Pyro
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Post by Dr. Pyro » Sat May 28, 2011 8:03 am

You're bringing your husband and your best friend; the three of you must really be party animals!

TomServo
Camp Name: Black Rock City Assholes Union Local 668

Post by TomServo » Sat May 28, 2011 8:25 am

[youtube][/youtube]
anything worth doing is worth overdoing..

langdon

Post by langdon » Sun May 29, 2011 8:47 am

TomServo wrote:[youtube][/youtube]
thanks for this! I love this song didn't know they had a slower tempo acoustic XD

graidawg
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: CAMP Hooker

Re: am drunk, but dreaming... of home.

Post by graidawg » Sun May 29, 2011 8:50 am

Bexx wrote:It is now 2:30 pacific time. I am high on some rum and have been watching movies non-stop on my netflix instant. That in itself has nothing to do with the burn... What does have to do with it - is I've been using a lotion (the science of scent @ BM) the past couple of days.. and it has literally TAKEN ME HOME. - Right now - It is as if I am in my tent.. i've just come back from riding my bike and am getting ready to pass out. I AM THERE.

I am having deep memories of being on shrooms and taking a 3am bike ride around my "neighborhood" - I am having memories of last year being my first burn, and me, out on a bike ride.. coming back to my camp... and being caught in a storm.. standing in front of the man... by myself. I was scared for a brief moment. Then I realized... this is me, at an epic moment in my life.

It stumps me to this day - how something can have made me lose all touch with reality - yet make me feel whole.

For years I'd had friends that told me I needed to be there.. that I belonged.. it shocked me - at how well my friends knew me.. for they were so right.

This year I am bringing my Husband and my Best Friend. - Both whom I know need to be there. I can't wait to get home.

posts like this make me miss home, somewhere i haven't been *sighs* is time yet?
FREE THE SHERPAS
Burners with torches is right and natural and just.-fishy.
CATCH AND RELEASE.

TomServo

Post by TomServo » Sun May 29, 2011 10:21 am

langdon wrote:
TomServo wrote:[youtube][/youtube]
thanks for this! I love this song didn't know they had a slower tempo acoustic XD
Neither did I. saw em at fox theater in Oakland a couple months ago.

[youtube][/youtube]

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Sun May 29, 2011 6:23 pm

How is the Fox as a venue? I know the exterior is gorgeous, and I'm glad they seem to have found the money for restoration and I hope it continues to have a long and useful life and brings some good stuff into that part of Oakland, but how is it as a venue?
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

TomServo

Post by TomServo » Sun May 29, 2011 8:17 pm

It's beautiful!

maryanimal
Burning Since: 2011

Post by maryanimal » Sun May 29, 2011 10:25 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:How is the Fox as a venue? I know the exterior is gorgeous, and I'm glad they seem to have found the money for restoration and I hope it continues to have a long and useful life and brings some good stuff into that part of Oakland, but how is it as a venue?
Oh fishy, it was Art Deco Heaven. It was beautimuss! Art Deco is a favorite of mine! I took a few pics before my batteries died.

Sometimes I'm confused by what I think is really obvious. But what I think is really obvious obviously isn't obvious.

Bexx

Post by Bexx » Mon May 30, 2011 3:17 am

Have never been in the fox! But it's on the list for my husband and I.. Because we love art deco too!!

TomServo

Post by TomServo » Mon May 30, 2011 8:52 am

Sorry we hijacked your thread Bexx! That song just came to mind. Hopefully youve gained enough inspiration, to bring back to the real world.

Bexx

Post by Bexx » Mon May 30, 2011 11:40 am

Hahaha! That's ok! Because I love that song!!! So it's all good in the hood!

Scatter42

Post by Scatter42 » Mon May 30, 2011 8:04 pm

Bexx wrote:It is now 2:30 pacific time. I am high on some rum and have been watching movies non-stop on my netflix instant. That in itself has nothing to do with the burn... What does have to do with it - is I've been using a lotion (the science of scent @ BM) the past couple of days.. and it has literally TAKEN ME HOME. - Right now - It is as if I am in my tent.. i've just come back from riding my bike and am getting ready to pass out. I AM THERE.

Thanks for sharing your story and memories Bexx. It's nice to see yet another someone that has been so profoundly affected (infected?) by that thing in the desert.

Last year was also my first round and was one of the most soul stirring and life changing events I've experienced in many a year. Never felt so comfortable, genuinely happy and connected to my fellow human. I know that sounds a bit cheesy, but it's all true. Can't wait for round two as I leap head first into the cheese....

graidawg wrote:posts like this make me miss home, somewhere i haven't been *sighs* is time yet?
Patience Graidawg - we're almost there, won't be long now. And you're going to f'ing love it. By day 3, if not sooner, your head will most likely pop off the old neck stalk. Do be careful....

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Mon May 30, 2011 8:49 pm

Scatter42 wrote:
graidawg wrote:posts like this make me miss home, somewhere i haven't been *sighs* is time yet?
Patience Graidawg - we're almost there, won't be long now. And you're going to f'ing love it. By day 3, if not sooner, your head will most likely pop off the old neck stalk. Do be careful....
Yeah, about that, grai, that exploding head thing is a lot of trouble for the dpw crews doing clean up. So, I'm asking that you wear a plastic bag over your head, so that when it does explode, the mess doesn't go everywhere.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.

Rice
Burning Since: 2007

Post by Rice » Mon May 30, 2011 8:52 pm

This year will be my fifth burn. I am more excited this year than I was on my virgin burn!!!

Missing the smell that only the playa has, my friends, and the assorted jackassery...

Soon, we shall be home!

Love Rice

ygmir
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Mon May 30, 2011 8:54 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:
Scatter42 wrote:
Yeah, about that, grai, that exploding head thing is a lot of trouble for the dpw crews doing clean up. So, I'm asking that you wear a plastic bag over your head, so that when it does explode, the mess doesn't go everywhere.
that Fish.....always one step ahead..............
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Mon May 30, 2011 8:57 pm

ygmir wrote:
theCryptofishist wrote:
Scatter42 wrote: Patience Graidawg - we're almost there, won't be long now. And you're going to f'ing love it. By day 3, if not sooner, your head will most likely pop off the old neck stalk. Do be careful....
Simply a matter of putting one foot in front of the other...
The Lady with a Lamprey

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Mon May 30, 2011 9:03 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:
ygmir wrote:
theCryptofishist wrote: Yeah, about that, grai, that exploding head thing is a lot of trouble for the dpw crews doing clean up. So, I'm asking that you wear a plastic bag over your head, so that when it does explode, the mess doesn't go everywhere.
see, see.......right there!!! my point is made.

yer killin me with the Clarias batrachus humor............
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Mon May 30, 2011 9:06 pm

ygmir wrote:
theCryptofishist wrote:
ygmir wrote: that Fish.....always one step ahead..............

If it's any consolation, I had to run to google to find out what you meant.
The Lady with a Lamprey

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Mon May 30, 2011 9:10 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:
ygmir wrote:
theCryptofishist wrote: Simply a matter of putting one foot in front of the other...

If it's any consolation, I had to run to google to find out what you meant.
no intent.......I just thought it was more poetic sounding than "walking catfish".........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

00bacrie

Post by 00bacrie » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:57 am

:)

Return to “Stories”