Looking for someone ...

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.
burning tent

Looking for someone ...

Post by burning tent » Tue Sep 07, 2004 11:33 am

This is a longshot but I thought I'd give it a try.

Saturday evening on Orion's Belt, I was making sno-cones from the sno-cone mutant vehicle when this woman came up. She was wearing a kind of medieval costume with 'cones' on either side of her head. I have other details but I don't know if they are appropriate to post here, such as her first name.

I would like to get in contact with her again. If anyone has an inkling who I'm describing please contact me or ask her to contact me.

Thanks.

notthat1

Post by notthat1 » Tue Sep 07, 2004 11:15 pm

It was Friday night at Thunderdome, i was there hangin out with campmates. It took a while before i could get up close and see what was going on. What i saw freaked me out :shock: . I thought Thunderdome was on some "pillow fight" type ish. No, no !! What i saw was two dudes beating the shit out of one another, for real.

I walked away and i must have had a shocked look on my face. This woman walked up to me and asked if i was ok? I told her i was a little freaked out. She said it was all a joke, and to not let it get me down. We hugged, she kissed me on the cheek, we hugged again, i kissed her on the cheek, and then i asked her name. I belived she said it was Rachel. I told her thank you, and she walked away. The rest of that night, and all Saturday i'm kicking myself for not asking her which camp she was in.

If your reading this, or maybe you were one of her friends that were with her that night, Please,please PM me.

Thanks.
Everyone has the opportunity for greatness, not fame, but greatness, for greatness only requires service--Martin Luther King Jr

smallblueboy

looking for Jessica from Rhode Island

Post by smallblueboy » Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:33 pm

Jessica, oh how i enjoyed our first day together i am so sad it was the only one. I painted you into a flame, and i was together we would burn.
Maybe if i had made a move on you we would have stayed together, oh the maybes....

contact me if you can
gray from portland
[email protected]

burning tent

I remembered something ...

Post by burning tent » Thu Sep 09, 2004 9:22 am

She was gifting these little key-chain flashlights. I got a green one!

I was reading some of the other posts of Burners in similar circumstances. A couple times the thought hit me 'What if we're talking about the same woman?' Wouldn't that have been hilarious in a painfully ironic way?

Anyway this isn't one of those "obsession" deals, ok? (No! Really, I say!) So I will initiate no further posts about this woman ... who could make you trip with a kiss ... and not because she tasted like she just ate shrooms.

I'm still not sure it's appropriate to mention her name on the board but I think it might be all right if I say it began with the letter 'A' ... and that it isn't Amy or Alicia or Alison.

OK. All right. That's it. No-no, I wash my hands of it! Thank you for your time and attention.

XS

Looking for Brian from Reno, greater dancer!

Post by XS » Thu Sep 09, 2004 12:49 pm

Brian you're beautiful. We met late burn night, almost Sun. AM at a big rave/dance scene. We trudged all the way across the playa to hang out for a while in my tent. Thanks for sharing some tenderness with me. Matt in LA. Be well.
Too much is never enough.

bigfathairyape

Also looking for a Lady from Connecticut

Post by bigfathairyape » Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:06 pm

On thursday evening I met on the art car that had 4 flaming penises the most remarkable woman of my life and foolishly let her get away. She is from Connecticut and went to Oregon to hook up with friends where she rented a car possibly in Bend and they were camped around the area of 2:30 and Sedna. With you I shared in the deepest connection of my life and I know that it might be only for that one moment and no more but I have to at least try to find you. If anyone has any idea who she is please let her know that she is being sought by me, thank you all.

burning tent

You have forced it out of me ...

Post by burning tent » Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:18 pm

Her name is Anita.

She was last seen heading northwest on Orion's Belt, scantily clothed and giggling.

... if only I had been a BLM ranger I could have stopped her for probable heart-theft cause.

Acchh, whatcha gonna do?

puppy

Annalisa

Post by puppy » Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:47 pm

I found her at the best lounge on the playa at the beginning of the week, we had a wonderful talk and a nice time at the Hukadome, before going our seperate ways. She told me that if I wanted to see her again to just look at the bar we met at. I started bartending for the next 3 nights hopeing to see her again, then she surprised me with a smile and a hug. Moments later she was gone again, but those moments I'll remember. Thank you AnnaLisa.

Puppy
=:-)

Rian Jackson

Post by Rian Jackson » Thu Sep 09, 2004 3:00 pm

notthat1 wrote:It was Friday night at Thunderdome, i was there hangin out with campmates. It took a while before i could get up close and see what was going on. What i saw freaked me out :shock: . I thought Thunderdome was on some "pillow fight" type ish. No, no !! What i saw was two dudes beating the shit out of one another, for real.
don't underestimate pillow fights. in our grudge match against orange camp, two of their people needed stictches after leaving our pillow fight club.
surlier than thou

Rian Jackson

Post by Rian Jackson » Thu Sep 09, 2004 3:07 pm

Almost 4am at greeter gate, the night that the wind and cold began. I was frigid after our shift there, and couldn't get my core temp up. The wind sapped all the warmth from my body and the energy from my muscles.

Enter Neo, tall, red, fuzzy. And yes, falling toward sleep in the warmth of your arms was beautiful.

Meant to come find you, to thank you for being my hero. But they said Wunami was huge, and i'm small, and you know how things go in the desert.

Would love to see you some day. But either way, eternal gratitude for life giving heat and a truly beautiful memory.
surlier than thou

notthat1

Post by notthat1 » Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:27 pm

>bump up<
Everyone has the opportunity for greatness, not fame, but greatness, for greatness only requires service--Martin Luther King Jr

Rian Jackson

Post by Rian Jackson » Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:07 am

thank you, kind mystery person who told Neo about my post!

I'm so happy i barely notice how tired i am from waking at 4:15 today!

i didn't think these ever worked!

woohoo!
<rian, being un-surly while no one is looking, does a happy dance>
surlier than thou

Rian Jackson

Post by Rian Jackson » Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:37 pm

Ok, it worked once. Go go gadget universe!
I'm looking from Soren from Hookahdome, of Magic Carpet fame.

I was the girl with the ice who has Arabic music for you. Only problem was that I never got back to your camp to exchange info.

PM me if you still want it.

cheers,
icebaby
surlier than thou

Ivy

Post by Ivy » Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:46 pm

Soren from Hookahdome
Can easily be reached through tribe.net.

bfg9000

Post by bfg9000 » Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:14 pm

Hi Rian!

This is Soren, member of the Hookahdome and Magic Carpet pilot. Thanks for the ice, you! Send me an email at [email protected] and we'll talk music...

This was a good year by all accounts everyone!

Love,

Soren

primate

Post by primate » Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:23 pm

I've been debating about whether I should post anything or not.
But, it was saturday morning. I was forcing people to take all of my camp mates costumes that he had worn all week. People actually took his underpants. It was great.
We had a big sign that said "awesome free stuff". If you are one of those people, you really ought to send some pictures with you wearing the costumes. I think he would appreciate it.

Anyway, the hottest girl on the playa came by , she rolled the dirty dice, she asked me if I liked bacon. Then she put her tongue in my mouth.
I fell to my knees and thanked god for such a blessing.

I don't think we made a connection, I just figured it was one of those things that happens at burning man.
Now I am at home working on my flourescent light tan. It's looking pretty good.
Anyway, I doubt I'll ever see that girl again, and that's probably just as it should be.
Dear Jesus, thank you for letting the hottest girl on the playa stick her tongue in my mouth, it was the best thing you have ever done for me, at least that day, at that time.
Amen.
I came here to kick some ass and drink some Ten-high and I am almost out of Ten-high.

pixiecup

Ok, me, too....Jesyka??

Post by pixiecup » Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:11 pm

We met after the Burn and hung out together all night. I rubbed your tummy and we talked about how similar are lives are in so many ways.

I lost your card with all your info, and I would love to get in touch!

(I also have some great pictures Victor took of us!)

--Jess

Return to “Stories”