Playa Love

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.
regynalonglank

Post by regynalonglank » Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:39 am

i love all you burners

you rock

dig deep

and know that whatever you find down there in the basement, no matter how scary it might seem when you first come upon it, no worries...cuz when you get it out into the light and really take a good look at it you will see that it is beautiful.

i promise

you just gotta dig it out, and git it some sunshine...let it breathe. no matter what, we love you, and it's all gonna be ok. growing...
\v/

/ \

just listen to the drum

StonedHeart-BleedingBrain
Location: The so said "abandoned"Mountains of the Blue Rebels

Post by StonedHeart-BleedingBrain » Mon Nov 01, 2004 11:28 am

sometimes its best to let the soul move on-pray for me at the temple, the fire inside has dissapeared, without being with her at every moment........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................6 feet

StonedHeart-BleedingBrain
Location: The so said "abandoned"Mountains of the Blue Rebels

Post by StonedHeart-BleedingBrain » Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:11 pm

prankster, this identity has ended, no more lovesick blues

"manic depression captured my soul"-James Marshall Hendrix

ups and downs smiles and frowns, when shes away, the good wolf howls in the distance while the bad wolf attacks the brain stem

why I was trying to figure why people are how they are, I realized fuck it, I finally got the girl of my dreams and she's happy and so am I, so whats all this rambling, exactly that, I should have been a psycologist if I wanted to know what people think, and then decided nobody can really give an opinion on relationships and love because no ones brain chemicals are the same, different lives different needs, and I am not my brother same blood different brain.
If my girl changed into an ogre at night, Id still love her, for she has the biggest heart and brightest soul and the fact she has little stars in her pale blue eyes, knocks this dirty dog off his feet.

by the way... No Weedies this morn.. a must for slippy in Seatown
yall taker easy and if shes easy taker twice-peace, praise H.S.I-one love to the king of kings

tonytohono

Post by tonytohono » Mon Nov 01, 2004 6:56 pm

What's even worse is not going for it, and then tripping out later and wondering...

"What if?"

wovenone

Post by wovenone » Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:03 pm

What's even worse is not going for it, and then tripping out later and wondering...

"What if?"

I disagree with this after trying it out for about twenty times consecutively at the advice of my elders and finding it to be better to stay quiet, keep walking, and trust the intuition. This summer was my first burn and I unwittingly fell into bed with two different men towards the end of the week. We made plans to stay in touch and visit each other. I dutifully shared my photos online and made the call, but neither of them even replied to me. I can't help but to have been shocked by their behavior. I thought of all burners as cool people because of the culture and the party. But it has made me feel strongly about holding back from going after something I think I want.

I'd like to continue talking about this. Anyone have an opinion/experience to share?
"Why should humanity act as if it is the only intelligence?" - Deva of the Golden Conifer

mowgli

Post by mowgli » Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:29 pm

give up on your expectations and your experiences will become brighter and more focused.

tisha2

Post by tisha2 » Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:40 pm

it's really tough to expect any follow up from playa experiences...everything out there is very time/place sensitive.

and i wholly agree with Mowgli. that goes double for the default world...
ERP ~ Emergency Resource Procurement
"if i can't find it, yer f***ed"
https://www.facebook.com/pages/ERP-Emergency-Resource-Procurement/257100377734118

how we roll:
https://www.facebook.com/TheThugboat

tonytohono

Post by tonytohono » Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:14 pm

If you are the type to unwittingly fall into bed with people on the spur of the moment, please disregard my prior post. Or not.

One should never ignore their intuition...

ever.

helitack
Burning Since: 2004

Post by helitack » Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:10 pm

i hAd a sLigHtLy dIfFeReNt eXpErIeNcE, i hOpE tO mAkE uP fOr iT on sAtUrDaY!

helitack
Burning Since: 2004

Post by helitack » Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:17 pm

That is the hardest way to type I have ever tried, actually made my eyes and head hurt, oh well, you never know until you try.

Anyhoo, I saw things and felt many different emotions while at the 2004 event. I even had a semi breakdown one evening, all of my pent up emotions, sadness, loss, love, elation, and more than I can count came welling up as I was listening to some music and watching a dancer. I have never had such a cleansing experience. I am fortunate to have had a very understanding person to help me through that.

Parroted

Post by Parroted » Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:55 pm

The realiity of returning from an experience as Burning Man is to give insight into the self. Maybe you had the ultimate experience and can now go forward. I personally use Burning Man to cleanse the mind grime of city life and return refreshed.

Alpha

Post by Alpha » Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:01 pm

wide

Alpha

Post by Alpha » Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:02 pm

margin

Alpha

making me

Alpha

crazy!

Alpha

Post by Alpha » Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:03 pm

Better!

Rian Jackson

Post by Rian Jackson » Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:28 am

Yo Stoned Heart Bleeding Brain (can i call ya SHBB?)

howdy from right here in your city. take a deep breath. it's a good city... for sure, you can find everything you want to and everything you don't want to, but it offers a lot of cushion for figuring things out.... which it sounds like you're in the middle of doing. it's ok to be there, to be confused, to be learning. everyone does it - if they're lucky they do it over and over again throughout their lives.

be gentle with yourself. good luck with your playa love. and see you on the streets here, someday....
surlier than thou

tisha2

Post by tisha2 » Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:55 am

Rian!!!
ERP ~ Emergency Resource Procurement
"if i can't find it, yer f***ed"
https://www.facebook.com/pages/ERP-Emergency-Resource-Procurement/257100377734118

how we roll:
https://www.facebook.com/TheThugboat

Kiba

Post by Kiba » Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:57 am

I'd like to continue talking about this. Anyone have an opinion/experience to share?
Yes. My experience is from the opposite end of the spectrum. Plus, it's kind of a story. Bear with.

Thursday morning I was walking the playa in my new outfit. I call it new because of the particularly revealing mushroom trip I had the evening before, where I discussed the subject of outer vestments with my spirit guide. Suffice to say, I had just recently found the 'myself' that I had trouble finding prior, when I happened across Embassy camp. As I wandered inside, they were playing live music and freestyle. I danced for a little while, listening to the vocalist,... well,... vocalize alot of what I had just myself been discovering about BM. While there, I happened to spy a curly-haired brunette in a light colored-shirt and a (I think) black skirt. I don't know her name, or in fact anything about her other than that she handed the flute player his flute. What I do know is that she was beautiful. I think I made eye contact with her, but I didn't want to stare so I kept my attention on my surroundings. As the song progressed, the tone went from "Burn all your baggage in the desert" to "Get off your ass and talk to that (no one in particular) girl". I could write a 5 page thesis as to why I didn't, but why doesn't matter. All I know is that I didn't go and talk to her. Might something have happened? Maybe. Did something happen? No. A big, emphatic no. Part of me is sympathetic to the outcome, given that I had a different agenda at BM, but a greater part of me is stuck here wondering "What If" all the while beating (figuratively) the hell out of the "rhyme and reason" aspect of my personality that allowed me to just walk away.

So in response, I'm sorry your after-burn contacts were not as reciperocative. Trust your instincts/intuition, definitely. Keep quiet? Absolutely not! It was fun while it lasted wasn't it? ^_^

wovenone

Post by wovenone » Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:06 pm

yeah, how do we stop the wide margin attack!?
on another note, people are always saying to eliminate expectations, but what does that even mean? i expect people to follow through on their word, that is all. if i don't believe a person is telling me the truth, then are you suggesting distrust in everyone who says anything?
"Why should humanity act as if it is the only intelligence?" - Deva of the Golden Conifer

tonytohono

Post by tonytohono » Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:32 pm

Wovenone.... I meant no offence to you is all I was saying. Sounds like you got the bad end of two sticks. The thing is that I can take being biten once in one week, twice though, and I have to take at least a good portion of the responsibility.

I never would suggest not trusting anyone, but I would recommend being cautious. Especially before I drop trou so to sepak. But I don't go for men myself, so if I am to believe my women friends, it makes no difference if they are this or that, most of the time it sounds like they are more likely to be less trustworthy.

Man that sucks. I mean what does that say about me?

Anyway, I guess this entire thing hinges on what playa love is I guess. Is playa love just straight up sex, or is there more to it?

Somebody help me out here? Are there mulitple definitions?

wovenone

Post by wovenone » Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:44 pm

i love hearing all of your replies to this topic, so don't worry if i sound offended that is just the impersonality of the machines we are using.

i think playa love is part of a larger ovum bubble spreading across the desert and through each of our hearts in the rest of the world until we gather again. lessons are more condensed but the same as those of our normal lives. i was thinking about desire last night and created another guiding quote for myself that i'll share, "don't follow your desire," which hints at the self to instead follow the quieter voice that runs like a river below it, the intuition.

i mean, i read these boys' signals but sort of ignored their significance until they played out later and i got upset, acted shocked even to myself. that is the reason i went to the playa this year, to evolve. and it's working on me, so i am grateful to be moving out of this muck. the anguish has just about passed through me, and i have dipped into the pure layer below to drink.

in case this stuff is of no help to any of you touched by the angel of playa love and anguish, i'm still grateful to you all for this meaningful (for me) interaction. here's some platonic playa love for you all :D :wink:

tonytohono

Post by tonytohono » Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:16 pm

WV1- you've got heart... use it wisely. Don't let it get callous because of the selfish acts of others.

Cheers.

wovenone

Post by wovenone » Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:10 pm

no way, man. 8) i'm off to The Bar before heading home from school. got a luge set up outside beside my truck. pabst with agave chaser anyone? :D

kikidelosfeliz

Post by kikidelosfeliz » Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:28 pm

This is a wild one - turns out my playa boy and I are having a BABY next August, if all goes well! Wow...who woulda thunk that running into a guy with a guitar at Earth and 4:00 would turn out this way. All hail playa love!
cognitive dissident

rubyredalys

Post by rubyredalys » Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:54 pm

wow, can't beleive this thread is still a'goin.

my playa love ended in...nada. never spoke to me again.

here here for maturity @ 31!

i do not fret, for if i make it to 2005, a beautiful playa bike i will ride.
i got a sweetie who will be a virgin burner if i can get him to go.

dang colleges with their august semester starts.
"what you mean there ain't no grits?"

now with more vitamin delish!

wovenone

Post by wovenone » Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:50 pm

me either! i vow never to have sex at burning man. there's more to be had during the rest of the year anyway! :lol:

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:55 am

"It is better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all."

Ron

Re: Playa Love

Post by Ron » Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:39 pm

JezebelinHell wrote:... Avoid playa-love at all costs! It hurts so fucking bad.
Or learn to enjoy the pain as well as the pleasure. I've been lucky enough to find playa love once and even though it just recently "ended," (we're both still alive after all :) ) and that hurts like hell I wouldn't let the pain keep me from enjoying all that wonderful pleasure.

All things must end, after all. Avoiding beginnings for that truism just doesn't work for me. I'm happy for my playa love, treasure the night I spend walking the playa, a bottle of scotch in hand and tears running down my face, and wouldn't trade those other nights of emotional and physical ecstasy for a lack of pain. Even pain can be enjoyed, when considered the right way.

Ron

CagedKitty

Post by CagedKitty » Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:58 am

And what is your pain caused by? It's you withholding your love because they didn't behave like you wanted them to. Or they didn't give you the reward you thought you earned. Truly give yoursef freely without expecting anything in return. If you can't do what you're doing right now(whether it be sex, or whatever) without expecting it to have a certain result, then don't do it. Love them anyway, wherever they are now, and you will still feel it. It's like riding a wave that you know could kill you, but you want to do it anyway. Then you know you are living your life to it's fullest. Are you going to resent the wave because it's gone?
Where have I been all my life?

Return to “Stories”