Jagged Texas redneck blown away by SEXY Jewish backpacker

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.
Apollonaris Zeus

Post by Apollonaris Zeus » Wed Nov 24, 2004 6:37 pm

Simply Joel wrote:
Apollonaris Zeus wrote:A good friend of mine now living in flaccid florida is totally red neck now.

must be that southern heat!

A II Z
actually, i think it maybe a survival technique.
He's republican now as well joel! Was a demo back in college. Owns several houses and complains about people on welfare.

I should have brought up those people building in natural disaster area's feeding off the government natural disaster funds to rebuild their property at the people's expense, but I didn't have the heart. The eye went right over his house in Port charlotte. I know he's going to profit big time from the governments check to rebuild his properties.

A II Z

M Joe Boss

Post by M Joe Boss » Wed May 04, 2005 12:38 am

Wow, almost 6 months since I last posted here.

Not a whole lot has changed since the last post but time has passed and I am still gaining more clarity. My wife had finally admitted that she wasn't as affectionate or intimate as should have been ,and she was going to seek help for that and I told her that once she sought out a test to determine where her hormones lie and if that wasn't deemed to be the problem, that she see a sex therapist, and then we could start marriage counceling. Almost seven months has gone by since then, and she just went to get her hormones tested the other day. and that was after I had told her that alow testosterone count can lead to not being able get rid of weight. I am having a hard time excepting that she wants to somehow make this work at that rate. She did however set up a marriage counceling session that was the biggest waist of time and money I had ever seen , but I am sure that it isn't always that way. The Doc just listened to us talk, hell my dog could have done that, there was no advice and really no interaction of any sort, wow I thought, this is unbelievable ,I need a job like this!! At $100.00 an hour. But I did note that she went and I never thought I would see the day that would happen. So I guess that shows something , but she is still dragging her feet. And hasn't done anything else so I don't know what to think. I told her we are not living together as man and wife again until that situation is fixed, and I go out all the time but I am not real sure that it has truly sunk in.

I have been going out alot, it feels good I have made alot of new friends and rediscovered that I am actually a pretty easy guy to get along with. I have sooo missed the feeling of having friends all these years! That part is because of the relationship I had with my wife, but wasn't her fault, it was my ownand I won't let that happen again. I almost can't believe how easy it has been to meet people lately, I guess I am not nearly as jagged as before. I have had more relations in the last 7 months than in the last 9 years, and I am glad as hell to say I am still quite capable. I have found that is generally the older women who like me and that isn't a bad thing I just wish I didn't look so old. I would certainly like to have the younger ones pay attention too. I know, BOO frickin HOO right? LOL. But on the bright side the older women know when they are getting something above average in man. NO, I am not tooting my own horn, but I do treat women better than most guys, because like those women I also know when I am being treated well. My self esteem has risen to great heights, in the wake of what should be an incredible mess and I have gained knew respect for myself and my kids. So Though this was such an awkward mess at the beginning, it has turned out to have quite a silver lining. I am very sorry for having brought somebody else into it though,and even more sorry for the crap I put her through afterwards, I wish I could make that up to her somehow, I emailed her a couple of months ago and never got a response, but I don't guess I expected to. I don't think, in my current state of mind that if somebody had turned into a total basket case on me that I would be too eager to get back to them either, even if they were appoligizing. I realize now what an ass I made of myself, and I wished I could have helped it. As somebody I know would say "this is an important lesson in life, and if you can learn that lesson then this wasn't for nothing and some good came of it, but don't screw up again FUCKER" Yeah he was an artful guy!

I am getting soooo amped about the BURN this year more than ever before, Part of that is because a good friend of mine who went in 03' keeps calling and telling me everything he is buying and doing for this year, about ever other day. Most of it is due to the fact that I have a better awreness of myself and have been meeting people so much easier and making friends soooo much quicker than I have in over 11 years. That leaves alot of opportunity open out on that playa, and i am sooo looking forward to it, maybe I will run across some of you who have had to listen ( read) my bantering. I hope you won't hold it against me.

So the long and short of all this is that something really confusing happened to me out on the playa last year, and it took me on one hell of a ride through all my emotions and even some I had been locking up , but when I finally figured out what the ride was all about I realized how much good it did me, and though I don't really want to have to take that ride again it I will never forget how envigorated I felt afterwards.

On that note I will call it quits for the night, and will probably write again as the urge strikes, or as people respond with questions. I would love to help somebody else the way I have been. THANKS for everything thus far!!

Last Real Burner

I'm all shook up Ah-huh huh....

Post by Last Real Burner » Mon May 16, 2005 7:05 am

Thanks for the update Joe... Maybe you should bring the whole family to burningman, that'll fix'em.....

Hope to meet you at the Meet & Greet on thursday at Barbie Death Camp, let me buy your reformed ass a beer.

you're best free listener,
the rebbi
"Do you know what happened to the boy who got everything he wished for? - He lived happily ever after".

Release Me

Post by Release Me » Fri May 20, 2005 11:51 am

I confess that I have read this whole thread. Wow, what a ride. Should we all confess our sins to one another we would all laugh at one another for our lack of originality.
Happiness is nothing more than good health and a bad memory.

Release Me

Post by Release Me » Fri May 20, 2005 11:55 am

Except for the part where we throw our math teacher out a second story window....that's pretty original.
Happiness is nothing more than good health and a bad memory.

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Fri May 20, 2005 1:21 pm

You know, in Five Corners they shoot the math teacher with an arrow.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

M Joe Boss

Post by M Joe Boss » Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:42 am

Ok, another burn has come and gone. I have to say it was my best ever, although much more subdued than ever before. I for once don't feel totally exhausted and anhialated upon my return to the real world. I never had such uneventful trips to and from before...........it was great. We added more to our camp and honed a few things we have always bragged about in our little camp and all went really well.
I guess I did spend some time hoping I would run back in to her again. I suppose I was anxious to see if I was entirely influenced by what wasn't happeneing at home or was her , or the combination therein. I just really couldn't say at this point in my life. I have some theories but that is all I have. I went to center camp everyday after noon, hoping that some hint of nostalgia might make her curious to see if I were there, but to no avail. I wasn't really disappointed when she wasn't there though. What if I found out it was just her , what would I do then???? More later!!

M Joe Boss

It's almost here again:lol:

Post by M Joe Boss » Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:49 pm

So here it is the busiest time of the year for me. My business is booming, I am getting ready for year 6 out on the playa, and am just about finished with our art bar for this year. I have been soo swamped haven't put any thought into this forum at all in some time.

For those who are looking for a little closure on the subject, My wife closes on her new house later this week. It was long over do that we go our separate ways. The situation with the kids is joint custody and equal time :D :D :D !!! She is only moving a few blocks away and the kids can go back and fourth pretty easily. I am going to help her out as much as I can, and I hope that we can become friends in time. For the time being, all is amiable.

As for that beautiful woman I met on the playa, I will always remember her. I think I truly believe in fate and destiny now. I believe, as corny as it sounds, that we met in order for me to realize that I was no longer in the right place in my life and that I was truly unhappy; and therefore making people around me unhappy. Though now, I am quite sure we were never meant to be together more than those few days, it is amazing how those days have affected me. I also believe that I was with my wife to produce those 2 beautiful babies and to learn as much from her as I could.

As I look back over the last 5 years and who I was when I started attending this event and who I am now, I am in absolute awe. I can't find the words to say how much this event has shaped and molded me, this radical experiment in temporary community has definately changed my life and the way I live it. I am much kinder and gentler now, much more outgoing and alot more light hearted. I have in just the last 2 years made an incredible number of friends and aquaintances and have really been able to open up and feel free. Not to mention the females are practically knocking down my door!!!! THANKS BURNING MAN!!!!!!

I will be on the playa this year and better than ever, if you see me, come up and say hey. I will be driving a tiki bar, with between 1 and 3 trailers around , most likely in bright white painters overalls and a cowboy hat( don't mess with something that works) Hope to see you there.

Mozy bonz

Post by Mozy bonz » Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:00 am

M Joe Boss please come by the eplaya bar and let us fix you a drink. I will be looking for the tiki bar for a drink also. welcome home..

Sorry badger I Know you don't like the welcome home thing

we0ne

Post by we0ne » Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:14 am

Thanks M Joe Boss for sharing, it was beautiful!
" Isn't it wonderful that no one need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world" Anne Frank

transgirl

Post by transgirl » Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:41 am

This has been an awesome thread. I ran through the whole rainbow of emotions regarding the subject, from slight disgust, judgement, sadness, to humor and happiness etc...but really it seems like a beautiful story of becomming more self aware and finding a better path. I'm nearing 30, and I would have a stroke if I had married that young! God I've loved these years of being about to grow and date before settling down.

I also can't begin to imagine the horror of living in a sexless, passionless marriage. It's only cheating yourself of being human and enjoying this one chance we have in this world.
I'm happy it has worked out so well for you.

vangran

Post by vangran » Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:03 pm

WOW! That was intense. Two days after coming back from BRC that story was one more fantastic gift from Burning man. Like a whiff of playa dust in my backpack. Thanks Joe I hope that's not your last post.
We got what we got. We'll get what we get. Let's burn.

blackrockcitydreams

Jewish redneck?

Post by blackrockcitydreams » Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:46 pm

Joe
Enjoyed the post..although it took an hour! I tried to email you awhile back thru this but it didn't work...
Its wonderful the give and take of life,,and how being a Burner adds so much to ones personna.
I am so happy everything worked out with the Fam.. I have been on the other end and have seen a cheating Daddy ruin a family for a less than what you endured..
Now you see hopefully there are us women- who will keep you busy enjoying the Playa and herself rather than watching movies!
Keep us update on As the Playa turns...
Hugs and playa juice..
A

M Joe Boss

Post by M Joe Boss » Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:01 am

3 days back and still exhausted to the max!!!! However it was such an incredible burn I don't even know where to begin. I talked so effortlessly to people from the past that I had barely said 2 words to before this year, but had seen many times. I was the life of the party all week long. I felt so free for the first time in years. My social skills are coming back and they are soo needed!!!! Some of the most beautiful women were drawn to me like a magnet( not always in a sexual way either). I had some of the best conversations of my life and made some real connections!!!! I lost more weight since last year and everyone had noticed. I am under 200 lbs for the first time in 10 yrs. I got compliments all week long. it seemed as if I couldn't do anything wrong this year.
I guess a smiling face goes a long way to invite people in!!!! female friends of the camp and our sister camp seemed to be alot more comfortable around me and went out of their way to flirt and and make me comfortable. WOW this is sooo damn incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hope this isn't sounding sexist or sexual at this point, it is somewhat motivating, but far from the goal. I have always just adored women, and that is where I seek attention, and affirmation!! Don't get me wrong though I also made some really good male friends over the last couple of years too.

Now to the dark side for a bit. When I returned, my house was empty, of all that made it feel like home. all the wall hangings and alot of the furnishings, my patio stuff etc. I guess I knew when I left, what I would be coming back to, but it was still quite a blow , to say the least!!!! I guess that even when you know that you can't live happily with someone, it doesn't really make it easier when they move on. I will weather this out and it will also turn out alright , it is hard to let go after 13 yrs. though. I thought I was already though that but alas I am not there yet. I am doing waht I can to keep my mind off it and with the help of all my newly found friendships will trudge on. I guess I wouldn't be human if this were all a walk in the park, huh? I suppose I was still holding out a little hope that she might come around, and that she might be soo in love with me that she would be willing to come over to this side of life. I guess we all do, in situations like this!!

On to the next part, my trip down was horrible. It took 26.5 hrs. to get to the the playa this year. I lost a wheel off my trailer and broke my friends windsheild with one of the lugs that had sheared off. my friends truck wound up getting soo hot that when we opened the hood his headers were glowing orange!!! Another friend that was riding with me wound up getting a diesel fuel bath, and I went through 5 tires. I knew that last years incredibly uneventful road trips could not last. But we made it and as I said before it was soo incredible that all the other stuff just melted from my mind.

I will post again soon , when I regain some energy.

puffycloud

Post by puffycloud » Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:10 am

you watched american pie 2 and 3 IN YOUR TRAILER AT BURNING MAN??

:shock: :!: :shock: :!: :shock:

LeetleD

beauty

Post by LeetleD » Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:41 am

That was a beautiful story....I'm sorry things came to a more heartbreaking end. I hope at least you can take away the experience you shared, and treasure it. There is nothing greater than finding unplanned beauty and love.....

osii

Post by osii » Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:31 am

You had me at "how fast can you do it for a hundred."

Gooloo

Thanks

Post by Gooloo » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:45 am

I just spent about an hour reading through this thread. I've been married 20 years, and have gone through so many of the feelings you expressed Joe. I have not been to burning man, I just heard about it a few weeks ago. I plan on next year. I hope I can meet you Joe. It just touched me how this thread reached out to so many people and all of the support that was given. It makes me want to experience that thing in the desert so much more.
Analytically fun and spontaneous

djero

Post by djero » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:51 am

Well, after reading this I feel somehow compelled to say something. Not entirely sure what that is, though.

Heartache is rough.

Children are wonderful.

I think you are a good person, Joe, if you ever happen to read this thread again I wish you my best. I have a child and have been seperate from her mother for more than five years, but we are great friends and co-parent fluently. (I stay at her house regularly, and am using her computer at the moment!) It is entirely possible to have a healthy and nurturing environment for your children even though your marraige did not work out.

That's the biggest lesson here, I think. Our children and their lives need not be torn apart by our own torment. We really do have choice in how we deal with the difficulties. I am sad and lonely right now in my life, due to losing my dearest lover, but I am not giving up on life and i'm certainly not giving up on love!!

Dusty Feats

Absolutely brilliant!

Post by Dusty Feats » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:56 pm

I had never seen this thread before and have since read through most of it.

M. Joe Boss, I salute you! Gold medal for you.

Badburner, you get a silver medal... share it with M. Joe. Oh, you already are... my bad.

I'm somewhat reminded of the Saga of Joe Dirt (see the movie).

Brilliant! Absolutely brilliant!

DirtyDiablo

Sad news

Post by DirtyDiablo » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:28 pm

I JUST found out that Mighty Joe Boss killed himself yesterday morning, I still don't believe it. He'd been a campmate of mine (Shangri-La Oasis/Zanzibar) since 2001. I'm really, really, really going to miss him.

Even though he was really from Texas, he fuckin' loved this song (even the Rap Mashup), I'll always remember playing this on our Art Car, seeing this huge smile come across his face and watch him boogie down Joe Boss-Style.

Lyrics:

Live:

Nelly Mashup:

Rest in Peace Brother,

-Diablo
"Take me to the Desert, Drop me on the Playa"

"Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here"

LeChatNoir

Post by LeChatNoir » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:07 pm

Damn…

Tha sucks. It just sucks.

May you find peace and comfort on the next leg of your journey, Joe.
The New and Improved Black Cat... now with 25% more blather

MozyBonz

Post by MozyBonz » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:22 pm

LeChatNoir wrote:Damn…

Tha sucks. It just sucks.

May you find peace and comfort on the next leg of your journey, Joe.
The Cat always has the eloquence that never ceases to amaze.

well put.

safe journey... Joe

Da Mule

Post by Da Mule » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:04 am

Oh wow. I started reading this thread from the beginning wondering why it came up again.

And now I got to the message....

I'm speechless.

I'm really sorry to hear that Joe gave up.

:( :cry:

Bin Noddin

Post by Bin Noddin » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:57 pm

sighs and salutes.
"I have gobs of mustard and ketchup on the front of my shirt, which does not make me a hot dog." Sam A. McKeen

ism

Post by ism » Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:46 am

Sadness...his writing was poor, puncuation did suck, the story he told held me still like a truck, on a highway backed up...

...I read the title and thought, "kewl, a jewish princess went all shotgun on someone", then I got into it. Sadness.

Buddha and the universe bless the stereotypical lives we live, and bring us to a better place...maybe teach us to grow together, even.

May he be reborn as an elephant...thread made me cry. Namaste, man. You've left a little enough of yourself to know you.

somekind

Post by somekind » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:18 pm

This reminds me of the Simpsons' episode with the X-files' Mulder and Scully who investigate a ghost in Springfield.
http://burningmanvideos2007.blogspot.com/

If someone offers you drugs, it's a cop.
If someone asks you for drugs, it's a cop.
If someone fucks you for drugs, it's not a cop.

Barbie

Post by Barbie » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:10 pm

Ohhhh GAWD!!!! Ihad never seen this tread before... And I wassssss soo caught up with JOE!! I'm soooooo sorry tohear he took his own LIFE HOW FRICKING SADDDDDDDD MAKES ME wanna CRY :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry

I think I even met him a couple years back when the Tiki Bar ART car picked me UP!!! SOooo Sorry to hear about this We will write your name on the Temple Joe.
If I were to wish ANYTHING I'd wish I were ME!!

LEVLHED
Burning Since: 2004

Post by LEVLHED » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:58 pm

I stayed up past my bedtime to read this from beginning to end.

wow.

Wait, what exactly is the lesson in this one again?

what a head fuck. brilliant.
2004 & 2009 & 2011

Oubliet
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: Karma Chickens

Damn

Post by Oubliet » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:20 pm

This is such a sad postscript to this thread. I discovered this thread after my first burn: 2003. I'd had an amazing event. Finding this thread and reading about all the emotions fell in line with some of the many other tales of the Playa that I'd heard.

I'm sad to hear that M Joe Boss will post here no more, and that he will no longer walk the City in the Desert at future Burns.

May he find peace.

Return to “Stories”