I don't "get it". Can you help me?

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.
Rob the Wop

Post by Rob the Wop » Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:50 pm

Sobretta!!

Here! Come here girl!

<pinches ear>

You're gonna 'get it' from your mom once she hears that you 'got it' on the playa! For shame girl! Now you go right home, right this instant!
[b]The other, other white meat.[/b]

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:12 pm

I knew several sailors who got it in Olongapo. I never knew what could be done with a beer bottle and a stack of pesos until I saw the pictures.

And I knew several sailors who thought they were going to get it in Phuket, but got something else entirely, which only bothered one of them for about three seconds. His new, quicky acquired philosophy: "One hole's as good as another." I've never figured out if this was the most offensive person I've ever worked with, or the most open-minded. At least I never got it after he whipped out his swizzle stick and mixed my rum and coke in the enlisted club one long Friday lunch.

Got sea stories?

Bitterman

Post by Bitterman » Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:52 am

Do me a favor. Why don't you bring "IT" out to the desert next time you come OKAY? Yeah, why don't you bring "it" and share "it" with all of us OKAY? 'Cause if ya didn't bring "it" with you out to the goddamned desert, than for Man's sake please don't expect to take "it" from my city! Okay?! "It" aint out there! You bring "it" with you. :evil:
Bah! Psshhh!

Bitterman

Post by Bitterman » Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:50 pm

Sobretta secretly emailed Bitterman and wrote
You live up to your name.

"It" was a joke anyways, dumbass
I think Bitterman's got hisself a Grrl friend! Wooooooo Weeeeeee Honey! Yer on fire!

Anyway...sorry for seeming to take aim at "you" personally on yer thread here and all. I was using your comment as a spring board to smear all those IDIOTS who think there is some "IT" to be got. That IS the cosmic joke, is IT not? There is nothing to "get". HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

And one more thing...(yes I knew your "it" was a joke) why the hell else would I create a character named Bitterman if I could'nt be fucking bitter and vent my rage and frustration over those few who would, through their unthinking actions and unconscious behavior, RUIN our event. Believe me it will only take a few of "them" to do it too, dumberass.

luv,
Bitterman
Bah! Psshhh!

Rob the Wop

Post by Rob the Wop » Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:36 am

Sobretta, you got 'it' from Bitterman, didn't you?

Y'know, they have shots to cure it. But you'll have to keep from getting 'it' from strange men. In the meantime, we'll just have to sit down and discuss 'it'.

Mister Jellyfish Mister

Re: Got'cha

Post by Mister Jellyfish Mister » Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:56 am

Dan D. Lyon wrote:Burning man is a Mecca, a pilgrimage of thousands of seekers — the embers and sparks generated by the conflagration of burning spirits of this massive dreamtime vortex engine recreates the universe with every blinking moment.
Damn, Dan D., that was profound!

"It" is a language of pointing.

Regarding the green gal that coughed up this subject:
"The lady doth protest too much, me thinks".
-W. Shakespear
Art cred: Georgie Boy 2011: www.mutantvehicle.com/georgie_boy.htm ; Ein Hammer 2010; Fluffer 2009; Zsu Zsu 2008; U-Me 2007; Mantis 2006; MiniMan and Pikes Of Paranoia 2005; Time Machine Mutant Vehicle 2004. www.MutantVehicle.com

burning tent

But-but-but ...

Post by burning tent » Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:09 am

I toldddddd you ... fluffy stuff in dreams and-and-and white stuff in creams ... crash, burn, broken spleen?

... hello?

Acchh, bite me.

egoduck

Post by egoduck » Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:24 am

when I hear people say "I got it" I imediatly look around for falling baseballs.

You might want to try the same.

Could save your life you know.

Sobretta Franjipan

Post by Sobretta Franjipan » Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:13 pm

Bitterman, I won't bother PMing you as you seem wont to post it publically anyway (I was trying to save you a shred of dignity but you haven't a shred to save).

Hmmmmm. So a "gifting economy" means I HAVE to bring something to share with EVERYONE in your city
my city
? You seemed to have missed the point entirely.

If you knew it was a joke, why did you respond so venomously?
why the hell else would I create a character named Bitterman if I could'nt be fucking bitter and vent my rage and frustration over those few who would, through their unthinking actions and unconscious behavior, RUIN our event. Believe me it will only take a few of "them" to do it too, dumberass.

What a bore you are. You've based your whole ePlaya persona over the ignorant few? You let others control your experience-they RUIN your event? Why don't you try therapy instead. Or is "CheapAss" another one of your monikers?

Am I the dumberass? *snort*

Go piss on a newbie and make your own day.

"Honey"? "Grrrl friend"? In your dreams.

Isotopia

Post by Isotopia » Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:30 pm

Sobretta, darling,

There's only room for one hateful old cow on this board and that would be me.

Stick to being the nice, personable and trampy little flirt we all know you to be. Pay only marginal attention to the knuckle draggers and only then if they offer you money in exchange for those attentions.

I'll take care of the dirty work around here.

Kisses Grrrrl.

Bitterman

Post by Bitterman » Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:32 pm

SOBRETTA! I LOVE YOU! (as much as a bitterman can love I guess)
I bow defeated. You ARE a worthy opponent. Your Kung Fu is more powerful than mine and your last post made me laugh very much.

Another thing that's funny to me, besides your last post, is the fact that you attack and then you are surprised when someone named "Bitterman" comes back with venom.

(I didn't used to be this way)

As far as pissing on a newbie, the only one I can think of is the drunken lout who pissed on Cornelius' painting of his daughter as a space grrl.

GGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!
Bah! Psshhh!

spectabillis
Burning Since: 2020

Post by spectabillis » Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:21 pm

Sobretta Franjipan wrote:Bitterman....

"Honey"?... In your dreams.
Hope you were wearing gloves, ignorance and hatred can be contagious.

And what I do with honey in my dreams is my own business!

cornelius
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: Shortfuse, Robotronia, PoPCorn Palace

Post by cornelius » Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:03 am

YEAH BITTERMAN! WHY YOU GOTTA HATE! AND STUFF!
Ptttttthhhhhhh! :oops:
ROBOTS UNITE

d6

Post by d6 » Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:55 am

"I thought i used to have it, but then they changed what it was."

i am currently out of the following:

honey
grrrrlfriends
intelligence
interesting repsonses
sleep
concern
vision - blurred or otherwise
nice-to-meet-you-morningbreath
tongs / leather straps / clamps / wire / baking grease & eyelash trimmers

d6,
scurvy-bot 4000
your witty rejoinder just flew over my head.....

no trust fund getting supply buying self-reliant non-bankrolled questionable artistic contributor sacrificing electronics at will build it destroy it clean it haul it financially uninterested uber-bot

Bitterman

Post by Bitterman » Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:30 pm

Screw all you mamby pamby do gooders! The event is lost to the grey shapeless masses! Face it losers! Your fun little "let's do drugs and worship satin in the desert" is ALL OVER!

I USED to have an event. It was called burningman, and it was when a bunch of friends went out to the Black Rock together, and danced, and shot off fireworks, and had F-U-N! But NOW most of the population is a buncha bland, faceless Joeys / Jo-ettes. The word has gotten out yall! It's no longer underground. When a 60 year old, middle class, white woman can say, "Been There, Done That" while sharing a few snapshots of B.R.C. at the local Applebees, eating dinner with co-workers, sharing the ALL-YOU-CAN-EAT popCorn shrimp dinner, YOU KNOW IT'S F-ING OVER!
Bah! Psshhh!

geekster

Post by geekster » Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:36 pm

Oh, you are looking for something in an UNDERGROUND event. Why didn't you SAY so. That would be in Paris.
Pabst Blue Ribbon - The beer that made Gerlach famous.

Bitterman

Post by Bitterman » Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:10 pm

Dang it Geekster! I mean like "Journey to the Center of the Earth" underground. Ya know? With a big German guy and a duck! "Heeeeere Gertrude". Oh yeah, and who could forget the BIG images of little lizards projected up to look HUGE! God bless the good ol' Blue Screen! And long live the Autonomous Mutant Festival! (oh shit, now that's ruined too, because the likes of me knows about it) Watch out tree huggers! I'm gonna be on my dusty ol' couch crumudeoning at your event SOON!

YEEE HAW MUTHER F-ERS!!!
Bah! Psshhh!

chineseobelisk

Post by chineseobelisk » Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:49 pm

So I'm a manager here at Applebees in DesMoines, and the other night at work, I'm sitting at a table having a coffe and smoke break and at the table next to me I hear this woman who must have been like sixty, telling her friends about BM. Well, I just assume that she had seen the coverage on ESPN II the night before, but then she starts handing out snapshots of BRC to indulgent oohs and aahs from her friends. I introduce myself and her eyes light up at meeting a fellow burner right here at Applebees, she explains on her way out that while her friends humor her they really just don't get it and how glad she is to have met a kindred spirit.
Well, we met for coffee and chat today, turns out she is this fabulous painter -really crazy imagery with lots of dark religious overtones, you know the kind of stuff that comes from an oppressive upbringing by zealous parents and never really washes off... anyhow she was a virgin this year and is super excited about bringing something artwise for 05, so we are now planning a joint effort (I am a sculptor) and together we cannot wait because -and these are her words, not mine -'It's gonna be fucking awesome'

go figure.
measuring the weight of smoke

playasnake

Post by playasnake » Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:30 am

Bitterman wrote: Your fun little "let's do drugs and worship satin in the desert" is ALL OVER!
yup. its all velour now. and furry stuff.

blame it on the ravers.
e pluribus unimog

Rob the Wop

Post by Rob the Wop » Mon Oct 25, 2004 1:02 am

Well I got it. And you can't have it. I'm putting it in my 'special place'.

so there!

pphhbbbbbbttttt!

samtzu

Post by samtzu » Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:54 pm

I'm 'getting it'

I found some on eBay...
The revolutionary does not grow up because he cannot grow, while the creative individual cannot grow up because he keeps growing ~~ Eric Hoffer

mycillion

got it

Post by mycillion » Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:35 pm

I just got some today.....very kind. 8)

Sobretta Franjipan

Post by Sobretta Franjipan » Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:51 am

I thought I had lost it; when I really had it.

And then I fucked it up.

Q_

Post by Q_ » Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:20 am

"I used to get it, but then they changed what it is and now I don't know what it is anymore" - Grandpa Simpson
Seek not to follow in the footsteps of the wise but seek what they sought

geekster

Post by geekster » Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:10 am

I've never had it, but I think there is a shot for it if I do get it.
Pabst Blue Ribbon - The beer that made Gerlach famous.

d6

still not getting / having / storing "it"

Post by d6 » Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:39 pm

Special message from Grandpa S. for Q:

"we can't bust heads like we used to, but we have other ways now, like stories that don't go anywhere. I remember this one time I was going to take the bus to Shelbyville, five bees for a quarter, we used to say, but the important thing was that I wore a pickle on my belt, which was the style at the time...........'
your witty rejoinder just flew over my head.....

no trust fund getting supply buying self-reliant non-bankrolled questionable artistic contributor sacrificing electronics at will build it destroy it clean it haul it financially uninterested uber-bot

Bitterman

Post by Bitterman » Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:46 pm

Chineseobelisk, are you shitin' me?!?
I made that story up based on two experiences I had. One: waiting tables at an Italian joint in Reno and some dumb-ass lady was all: "BEEN THERE! DONE THAT!" when the subject of Burning Man came up. And Two: a friend of my wife's (the over 60 year old kook type weemoon lady who went this year). I feel like a schmuck. Bitterman is evil. That's all there is to it. I don't mean to trash on your fantastic story. That's a total synchronicity. You had a great experience I made up some lie and sound like an ass. I'm sorry.

(remember, Bitterman had a laser brain treatment at the S.F. Decom)
Bah! Psshhh!

dr.placebo
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Cleu Camp

Post by dr.placebo » Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:55 pm

I feel that "getting it" is the act of falling in love with Burning Man. When "it" shows up, the heart and mind and soul are engaged with the ideal, even when the obvious flaws are visible. For me it happened on my first burn (1999) when I started to leave the playa and wanted to stay longer, much longer. For a friend of mine from Montana it happened when she saw her first burn and her spirit climbed with the flames.

So, if you love the ideals then you've "got it." If you think that there are kindred souls at the event then you've "got it." And if you are brave enough to put up with the jerks and cranks then you might get to "keep it."

I know that BM is too big and too techno and too noisy and that there are gawkers and leeches and so forth. Name your poison and BM is big enough to have it.

However, the question is not whether BM is too big. The question is whether we are big enough. Are we big enough to create and love and play, to dance and make music, and to forgive each other?

And if I ever stop feeling brave enough to risk those things, then I will move from "got it" to "lost it." Right now, though, I want to be back on the playa and get it all over again, and bring back as much as I can.

chineseobelisk

Post by chineseobelisk » Sat Oct 30, 2004 12:44 am

Bitterman wrote:Chineseobelisk, are you shitin' me?!?
damn, I was a little tipsy and I was just kidding, is there an emoticon for having your tail between your legs?
measuring the weight of smoke

unjonharley
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Elliot's naked bycycel repair

Post by unjonharley » Sat Oct 30, 2004 10:00 am

Ask the Ludd Camp, They could point the way to "it"
I'm the contraptioneer your mother warned you about.

Return to “Stories”