Critical Tits 2004 Feedback

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.
blyslv

Postby blyslv » Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:09 am

thedrunkenmonkey wrote:
You don't get to be exhibitionist and prude at the same time, folks. "Glory in my body, it is of the goddess, but don't look, you perv" is precisely the kind of petty crap I avoid at all costs.

So please, someone explain this to me, so that I can properly display etiquette at the next ride.

Hip Hip Hoo Ray!

Well said, I've enough of the double standard as well. I missed the event this year, but it sounds like the party was fun.
Fight for the fifth freedom!

regynalonglank

i thought we went there already...but ok!

Postby regynalonglank » Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:39 am

thedrunkenmonkey wrote:

You don't get to be exhibitionist and prude at the same time, folks. "Glory in my body, it is of the goddess, but don't look, you perv" is precisely the kind of petty crap I avoid at all costs.

So please, someone explain this to me, so that I can properly display etiquette at the next ride.

Hip Hip Hoo Ray!

Well said, I've enough of the double standard as well. I missed the event this year, but it sounds like the party was fun.

ok, i'll try to say this slowly, in a condencending tone, with very small words, so everyone can understand...

you look people in the eye, not in the nipple
you yell encouraging things like you rock, or go girl
you do not yell show us your tits, or take it all off
if you ask someone if you can take their picture, and they say yes, then you can. try not to get anyone else in the background
if you see someone with a camera, don't assume you need to hit them, ask them what they are doing first, it might not even have film in it anymore
you pass out necklaces, water and cookies to people who want them
you give high fives to people who hold their hands out for it
you smile, you look like a human looking at another human
if you feel guilty, you are. take a break, and come back later
don't assume anyone looking at you is a dork. maybe they think you are cool, and not in a lame way. try to be open to the idea that maybe people are actually there to support you, and be really nice.
be honest. be open. be real.
show up, tell the truth, and do your best
wear a costume
if in doubt go naked
if you are naked too, then you won't feel wierd!
try to have fun, we are :)

there, is that better? anyone got anything to add?
\v/

/ \

just listen to the drum

unjonharley
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Elliot's naked bycycel repair

Re: i thought we went there already...but ok!

Postby unjonharley » Mon Sep 20, 2004 12:08 pm

regynalonglank wrote:
thedrunkenmonkey wrote:

Hip Hip Hoo Ray!

ok, i'll try to say this slowly, in a condencending tone, with very small words, so everyone can understand...

you look people in the eye, not in the nipple
you yell encouraging things like you rock, or go girl
you do not yell show us your tits, or take it all off
if you ask someone if you can take their picture, and they say yes, then you can. try not to get anyone else in the background
if you see someone with a camera, don't assume you need to hit them, ask them what they are doing first, it might not even have film in it anymore
you pass out necklaces, water and cookies to people who want them
you give high fives to people who hold their hands out for it
you smile, you look like a human looking at another human
if you feel guilty, you are. take a break, and come back later
don't assume anyone looking at you is a dork. maybe they think you are cool, and not in a lame way. try to be open to the idea that maybe people are actually there to support you, and be really nice.
be honest. be open. be real.
show up, tell the truth, and do your best
wear a costume
if in doubt go naked
if you are naked too, then you won't feel wierd!
try to have fun, we are :)

there, is that better? anyone got anything to add?

So , in other words You want to have rule just for your " thing" You also need to have some one to explain to you "in little words" that you are no going to have every thing your way. The ct has been runing a few years. Nothing has or is going to change.

As for me, I've seen enough tit to last me. Worked in a strip bar as a bouncer. Yes I had to walk the ladys to there cars at closeing time. There are not so good people out there. If your going to show "it" expect people to look, shoot pictures and say off colored things.
I'm the contraptioneer your mother warned you about.

echohaus

Re: i thought we went there already...but ok!

Postby echohaus » Mon Sep 20, 2004 12:31 pm

regynalonglank wrote:if you see someone with a camera, don't assume you need to hit them, ask them what they are doing first, it might not even have film in it anymore

Exactly the point of my post.

regynalonglank

Postby regynalonglank » Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:43 pm

wow. well, I meant that to be funny in an informative way. apparently not...

I am willing to accept that I can expect cameras. I am not willing to accept that I must expect off color comment. I think that's lame.

if you wanted to have a parade for something, i would support you, and I wouldn't feel the need to shout things like my, what small penis you have. but that's just me I guess...that makes me sad
\v/

/ \

just listen to the drum

regynalonglank

Postby regynalonglank » Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:55 pm

oh, yeah, and anyways I'm not making up rules for you, you apparently have your own set of rules I'm not so sure about, I am just answering the nice person's question who was asking for criteria, just throwing it out there, and anyone who wants to add something, and disagree with something, not me you understand, I'm not up for debate, but the loose guidelines I threw out there, well then we'll all have something nice to chat about, then won't we? for those of you just looking for a fight, I think there is a lovely thread next door just waiting for you...
\v/

/ \

just listen to the drum

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Mon Sep 20, 2004 2:10 pm

I hesitiate to get involved in this debate since I could give a rat's tit about CT, but...

how are
"what small penis you have"

and
"show us your tits"

analagous?

The first is outright derogatory. The seocnd, while certainly objectififing a woman, is not a negative or slanderous epithet. In fact, it could be argued as positive and/or supportive under some circumstances.

"Show us your dicks" and "show us your tits" would be analagous statements.

unjonharley

Postby unjonharley » Mon Sep 20, 2004 2:26 pm

Ivy wrote:I hesitiate to get involved in this debate since I could give a rat's tit about CT, but...

how are
"what small penis you have"

and
"show us your tits"

analagous?

The first is outright derogatory. The seocnd, while certainly objectififing a woman, is not a negative or slanderous epithet. In fact, it could be argued as positive and/or supportive under some circumstances.

"Show us your dicks" and "show us your tits" would be analagous statements.

/\
Oh well, I'm hung like a hamster so what?

sparkletarte

~

Postby sparkletarte » Mon Sep 20, 2004 2:30 pm

If I see a bunch of tits, I'm going to look at them.

If I see a bunch of dicks, I'm going to look at them.

I don't get to see much variety of these very often, so if I get the chance, you bet I'll be checking you out. I am not judging you, I am looking and admiring. Sometimes it may be gawking, especially when the specimens are extraordinary, but I try not to be that obvious.

regynalonglank

Postby regynalonglank » Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:10 pm

o i don't know, i just said that cuz i was mad

i don't really care how big it is, it's all good with me. like my friend once said it ain't the size of your pen, it's how you sign your name that counts!

i am definitely a looker, you showin, i'll look

i am also a show-er, if you wanna look, fine, if not, well that's fine too

that's all i have to say really. i was just trying to be infotainment

i had fun riding. i was glad other people were the audience while i was the parade. things got a little uncomfortable hanging out around the man waiting for the ride to start...gawkers were a little too close for comfort at that point...but once we got riding it was all good. are we done now?
\v/

/ \

just listen to the drum

blyslv

Postby blyslv » Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:24 pm

I hope we're not done! Otherwise this place would get boring. reg* you had great comments, and there are two sides to the story. Truth be told, after about 20 minutes of being on the playa, long before critical tits, all the nudity sot of fades. I hear stories of these guys that just can't get enough tits and it's kind of sad to me, to be stuck on an endless and narrow loop of ... titilation. I mean there's so much more out there, know whay I'm saying?
Fight for the fifth freedom!

regynalonglank

Postby regynalonglank » Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:53 pm

i do, i do

i love tits! big ones, small ones, floppy ones, even the not real ones

every time a woman would go by in one state of undress or another i would think to myself - i love burning man

i kinda grew up nude, so in a way it is home to me

at first, when i got home, i kept having the urge to take my shirt off. i didn't.

it would be wierd to be nude all the time, you would get marks on your legs from chairs, leave spots everywhere, things could get ugly...not to mention chilly. but i sure do enjoy it when i can!
\v/

/ \

just listen to the drum

regynalonglank

Postby regynalonglank » Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:58 pm

just re-read your post...thinking i totally missed the point!

there is more out there, but i guess until you get an eyeful of what you missed out on, you ain't gonna see it anyways.

i just love seeing people be free

some of the things they are free to do might not be my cup of tea, but i sure am glad they are free to do them anyways, otherwise we're back at boring again...no fun there

people are so cool. i really like em
\v/

/ \

just listen to the drum

arthurz

Postby arthurz » Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:32 pm

I'm a little late to this thread, but having worked the party I have some feedback.

Most importantly, this thread has some amazing stories about how CT empowers the women, but I missed the one about how it empowers the men that try to get it instead of just acting like frat boys. Watching the parade last year for the first time overwhelmed me with awe, and while I love tits more than most, it was not about seeing more of them than any one place outside the French Riviera, it was about the amazing beauty and power of the goddess. I somehow gained a new level of respect for women that day, and like many playa lessons, I still don't know how it happened.

This year, I worked the adoration station, where we were instructed to check our testosterone at the door, avoid touching, and focus only on the goddess. I worked the long long line, thanking each and every goddess for their beauty and for being the source of all beauty, joy, love, and life itself. Then I gave them a couple minutes with an electric scalp massager and watched every one of them swoon. Where else in the universe would it be possible for a man to make so many women moan in two minutes each without even touching them sexually?

For those men that have not tried to get the meaning of this event, I can tell you that making dozens of women that happy within a couple hours with absolutely zero intention of "getting anywhere" with them is empowering as hell on many levels. And I am sure the karma will come back to me many times over when I do have the sexual desire switch set to on. Just learning that I can turn it off by choice despite the most amazing temptation in history is pretty damn empowering, say for example the next time I'm in a business meeting with a gorgeous knockout and need to stay focused.

On a more functional level, the lines were too long, and the solution might be more volunteers working the lines to keep them interesting. I'll sure ask to be back next year!!!

As for all the talk about cameras and yahoo comments during the ride, why not harness the power of the goddess to handle it? If every woman that rode informed all the men in her camp to leave their cameras and hooter comments behind that day, the remaining men lining the streets taking pictures and acting like jerks would be the ones that can't even get into a camp containing women, and would be easy pickings for riders carrying water guns full of leftover body paint. Ok, that latter may be a little too aggressive for a lovefest, but if you act like a jerk next year, don't blame me if you get shot:-)

I love all you goddesses, and I thank you for making me, for the beauty you bring me, and for making my life a love-filled adventure. And thank you Captain for enabling the fun, freedom, and lessons!
We live there a week and it lives with us forever

samtzu

Postby samtzu » Tue Sep 21, 2004 6:32 pm

Well, here's my $.02

I think what everyone here is talking about is manners. If you show your breasts, I will look, but I hope I do it in a respectful, appreciative, and non-threating manner. Like Reg*, I like breasts (not that crazy about looking at penises). I have my theories on that (imprinting on the breast from birth, etc.) as do others (look at most slick ads for cars... the photos emphasize breast-like curves) but in the end, I just like them. I don't shout rude comments, and if someone shows discomfort about being looked at, I will look the other direction. That is manners.

Getting in someone's face simply because they are looking at the breasts that you purposefully exposed is a little disingenuous (sp). It's almost sadistic: tempting someone, and then punishing them for falling for the temptation. I've never "gotten" the Domination thingy, and I don't get this. It's just plain rude. It's the old "Good, good, good...BAD!!! BAD!!" thing. It borders on neurotic. Getting in someone's face because they are rude, on the other hand, is appropriate. It's a judgement call every time.

I missed Critical Tits this year, but maybe I'll see it next year, but, whatever the case, I will be polite, supportive, and civil. I hope that I am treated with the same respect. After all, I am in my late 50's, and seemed to get pegged "letcherous" simply because I'm not in my 20's anymore. If I was in my twenties I might get pegged as "interested". Sigh. Such is life.

I actually had my own show this year from my next door neighbors. As soon as the two young ladies set up camp, they stripped off their clothes, put on decoration, and came over and introduced themselves. They sat down in my camp chairs and we chatted for about an hour or so, drinking water and wine, and generally getting to know each other. My first reaction was "Hmmm... they appear to be nekked...", but after about two whole minutes it didn't matter. This continued on throughout the week with no one thinking anything about it. We were just friends who were chatting. That, to me, is the spirit of Burning Man.
The revolutionary does not grow up because he cannot grow, while the creative individual cannot grow up because he keeps growing ~~ Eric Hoffer

Simply Joel

Postby Simply Joel » Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:15 pm

well said, samtzu... i must concur on almost every point... and the only exception would be that when i was young, i was considered lecherous... and as i have aged, i too have suffered unfairness of being considered lecherous only due to my age, not my lascivous or salacious nature.

but i did get lucky enough to marry a nice lady, both salacious and lascivious.

Once again, samtzu, you are so correct about manners.

mkl

Postby mkl » Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:23 pm

I saw a scene quite like this, not sure if it was you ... I remember it slightly differently.

Naked guy, maybe wearing one of those leather ball sacks, has his camera out and is yelling "Thank you, thank you" as the ride goes by. Taunts and glares are thrown his way, and one girl yells "I'm going to run into you with my bike" but she justs spoofs that move.

Then comes this bull dyke, she had labeled herself bull dyke in body paint, says "No, I will run into you" and just slams right into the naked photo guy.

Sorry that you got hurt ... but it was really really really funny.

echohaus wrote:This was my first Burn.

As a professional photographer (among other things) with registered equipment, I understood the reasoning behind "no cameras", although I--along with many others, it seems--am very aware of what seems to be mixed signals concerning this.
So, this being my first burn, I was out every day taking pictures. Lots of good stuff to shoot, none of it questionable. I hear about this parade; I decide to check it out, so I stand by the side about halfway between the man and the Esplanade. I realize my camera is not zipped up in its dust bag, so I reach down to close it (and make sure it was off). My camera is pointed down--as in at the playa--and I'm finishing zipping the bag, when I see some ultra-feminist veer purposefully out of the middle of the parade and make a beeline towards me.
She crashed her bike into my leg and screamed at me, then ran off like a chickenshit. It drew blood, and has yet to heal. There is still a bruise.
My wife was livid.

Bob
Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: Royaneh

Postby Bob » Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:33 pm

Heck... I missed Critical Pseudopodia, but you can color me livid nonetheless.
Amazing desert structures & stuff: http://sites.google.com/site/potatotrap/

"Let us say I suggest you may be human." -- Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam

unjonharley

Postby unjonharley » Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:38 pm

[quote="mkl"]I saw a scene quite like this, not sure if it was you ... I remember it slightly differently.

Naked guy, maybe wearing one of those leather ball sacks, has his camera out and is yelling "Thank you, thank you" as the ride goes by. Taunts and glares are thrown his way, and one girl yells "I'm going to run into you with my bike" but she justs spoofs that move.

Then comes this bull dyke, she had labeled herself bull dyke in body paint, says "No, I will run into you" and just slams right into the naked photo guy.

Sorry that you got hurt ... but it was really really really funny.

[quote="echohaus"]

/\
So now assault is "funny"? So I would guess the other freedom are out the door also. If some Bull dyke wants to go toe to toe with me I'll slap her so hard her nipples fall off. Eather that or demand the police take her to Reno on battery charges. Util this post I felt mostly on the ct side. Now I might rally A get your cameras and bull horns.

Lydia Love

Postby Lydia Love » Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:16 pm

So now assault is "funny"?

Apparently only if someone stands up in front of you at the burn...

(*ducks*)
It's all about the squirrels.

echohaus

Postby echohaus » Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:29 pm

No, mkl, that was not me. I was clothed, I was quiet, and I was was not pointing a camera at anyone.

skypilot

Postby skypilot » Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:01 pm

i see, thankfully, this thread dying a slow death and will rejoyce completely once it is a cadaver...PUT THEM CLOTHES BACK ON IF YOU ARE UPSET WHEN PEOPLE LOOK..although a bulldyke coming at me on a bike with blood in her eye is indeed a scary thing. :lol:

captainerotica

Postby captainerotica » Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:30 am

Thank you to everyone who shared stories about the CT Ride and Party in this thread so far.

The goal of this thread is not really to be a debate or discussion of the Critical Tits Ride but rather a way for us to have feedback about the party that happens after the ride. My apologies if that was not made clear from the get-go

The ride is completely beyond anyones ability to controll. It occurs in public and thus is open to the public as a parade. Parades are watched. CT has a huge bunch of energy for people who participate either as riders, support crew or spectators. There is no way to have everyone who sees the ride, know how to behave (though I did like Arthurs suggestion about grass roots education by the riders themselves in their own camps)

The after-ride party atempts to be a womens only event for the first hour and a half. The camp that puts on this party does so with limited resources. Imagine trying to put on a party that would hold the entire ride or 2000+ women?
As it is we take up one of the largest spaces of a non-esplenade camp
in order to accomodate as many guests as possible. To have a space that would fit everyone on the ride would be absurd and also require far too much organization. As it is we do the best we can with the limited resources we have. Ever bought 1000 women a drink all at once? =)

The core values of the party are:
Women getting to be together in a party just for them
AND
Men in service of the women guests at the party.
AND
A whole lot of FUN

About 5 years ago the CT party was just like most other parties on the playa in that it had great DJ's, lotsa free booze and some light party foods. What made it great was the fact that there were SO many women partying together. That was back when the party only had about 200-300 guests. Then the ride grew larger every year. The men who came to watch increased drastically. The camera people who poached the party became one of our biggest concerns in attempting to create an environment of safety and openess for the women of the ride.

4 years ago I started doing the Erotic Ice Bar as an interactive sensual beverage experience. It is a brief shot of liquid taken off a large block of ice. While you get the shot you may choose from the naughty or nice sides of the ice bar and be for example, flogged or feathered according to the users CHOICE.
That gave me the idea to have SERVICE STATIONS all around the party which are places where men may serve the women at the event. This was done for two reasons:
A- It gave the women more to do at the party than just dance and drink
B- It gave the men at the party a means to interact with the women in a positive context and channled the energy into making sure the women have a fantastic time.

The first year of Service Stations we had about 4 of them staffed by about 20 volunteers.

This year we had almost 25 service stations, including our first ever Adult Zone which was physically seperated from the rest of the party and a STRICTLY enforced womens only area staffed by hand picked volunteers.
Non Erotic Service Stations Included:
Theraputic Massage
The soul rejuvination Station
Espresso Services
Alcoholic and Non Alcoholic Bars
Tarot and Astrology Readings
Misting and Fanning Services
Roaming chilled fruit and drink servers
Body Painting Station
Lemon Foot Rub Station

The Erotic Services Stations were:
Sensual Massage
Lap Dancing
Erotic Ice Bar
Safe Sex Supplies
The Sensation Station

(note we seek both ideas for stations AND volunteers to Make Stations Happen (which means concept, resources, set up , staffing and tear down of stations))

The event grows every year. As the organizer of the party I tapped a crew of over 200 volunteers who helped to make the party happen this year. This year we had a ton of women volunteer to help with the service and it was another improvement that added alot to the party.

In my vision of this party in it's ideal sense, it would happen in a place where there was no way for uninvited men to sneak in.
That would allow us to retain the amazing vibe of a womens only party. We WERE going to have laminate passes this year for our volunteers to help make it easier to kick out uninvited guests but that did not happen due to unforseen circumstances. This was also going to help us have women be able to "tag" the men that were with them as guests in order to help weed out the random men who just showed up. We allowed ALL men who showed up to have a chance to volunteer to help. We did our utmost to communicate to the people who showed up that this was a womens only party. It is very hard to communicate this efficiently to all the throngs of dudes who follow the ride. We KNOW we could do an even better job of this and are trying each year to improve how we handle this sticky situation.

The men who volunteered at this party were ALL given training about how to behave at the party. They were told to check their libido's at the door for the first 2 hours at least and really focus on giving SERVICE to the women guests. Thus, wheather a volunteer was serving drinks, sno-cones, doing adoration like the amazing arthur Z or even giving a hot lap dance in the adult zone, the volunteer was at least concious of the values of the party and focused on Serving the women. I feel that giving the people ACTIVITIES to DO with each other allows both the servers and the served to have a means for interaction that has guidelines and boundaries. Each major station had a MENU for the women to choose what she would experience at that station. It is one of the greatest things I have ever seen to watch the men who serve at the party as they just GLOW and realize that if you serve the goddess she will smile upon you.

I have a personal comittment to making this party better every year. Our camp shares this comittment despite all the absurd expense and impact it has on the rest of our week on the playa.
This year we took a quantum leap in what was offered to the goddesses and the feedback we have heard has been phenomenal.

To me, if we can create, even for 2 hours, a place where women can be
adored and loved-up by a group of men they do not know it adds a huge amount of magic into the world as both sides of the gender equation see what it is like when the men are in service and given positive ways to interact with women.

Thus, to those who have comments or stories from the party they are very welcome for we really as a camp would like to see this thread used for the purposes of making the party, not the ride better.

However, A- I left for a 10 day camping trip so I did not manage the thread very well thus far to keep it on track about the party
and
B- There are clearly many emotions and stories about the ride itself so it is very understandable how many of you have used this thread to work on those feelings...

From here forward, if it is not too late, I would like to RE-Invite stories and suggestions and offers to help for the PARTY as much as possible. If someone still has passion about disucsing the ride please start a new thread by all means!

If you were a female guest at the party and have any ideas we would love to hear them!

Now, imagine yourself being someone who is charged with making aparty happen for 1000 women. Imagine you have an open space and must bring and create everything needed for this party. Imagine you wish you could keep uninvited men out and have a ton of well intentioned volunteers to provide services for the guests. Then think of any suggestions you have and either post them or send them my way directly.

Any donations of cash, goods, services, ideas, labor or love are welcome and encouraged by our camp. You can support our efforts throughout the year by attending any FunDraisers we hold in the Bay Area.

Thanks again to everyone who helped make this happen. We have already learned much from this years experience and will be working to make CT 2005 even better

-At your service
Captain Erotica
Chivalry is not Dead ~ It's Co-Ed

skypilot

Postby skypilot » Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:50 pm

:? can somebody tell me clearly and consisely how to get to decompression at 19th and minnesota this year? i'll be taking 80 going west, of course. maybe this is an odd place to post this question, but i didn't want to waste a whole thread on this...thanks.

scarlet_minnow

Yay Team!

Postby scarlet_minnow » Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:57 pm

**applauds captainerotica**

Well said, my friend. I think the party was much better this year than last. I am not sure I saw the Service Stations, although a very polite young man did offer me and my and girlfriends massages, which he performed in a perfectly non-lecherous and respectful manner. We were very grateful. As a womyn, it is SO REFRESHING to not get hit on at a party (by a guy... getting flirted with by a girl is unusual and ever so pleasant.. yeah, yeah, someone is gonna flame me for a double standard now) Perhaps that sounds narcisistic, but I am sure many of the females out there know what I'm talking about. Sometimes I feel like I can't even make eye contact with guys because so many of them perceive even that level of normal human interaction as an invitation to offer a come-on. So to those guys who volunteer at the CT party, THANK YOU. Seriously, from the bottom of my heart. EVERYONE who helps out at the party deserves a standing ovation. See ya next year, party people!
Be who you are and say what you feel... for those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind.

-- Dr. Suess

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:58 pm

After consulting a map, I'd say 80 to 101 south off at 18th, east and start looking for parking when you go under 280.

But that's just a guess.

skypilot

Postby skypilot » Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:44 pm

:D thanks, little fishy. gonna be dressed as santa, which , on a motorcycle, is somewhat of a bizarre sight. but would it earn me an ass-kicking? i hope not, as i come looking for a good time and not a hassle with the man. i don't need to get into fisticuffs with the locals on my way to the event.

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:06 am

So the red hat with the fur ball on the end goes over the helmut, right?

regynalonglank

that party freakin rocked

Postby regynalonglank » Fri Sep 24, 2004 3:04 pm

Captain Erotica - you did an awesome job. whatever you did this year totally worked for me. I had so much fun at that party that I had to leave :) maybe if I had found the adult section before the free drinks found my brain I would have stayed longer! Suggestions for next year:

have a map of your layout posted so we can find all the cool stuff you have going on. i didn't find nearly any of that stuff.

maybe a special outfit for the helper guys would make them more obvious, like a sort of vest that they all would wear, or a color in common, or something visually identifiable

loved the body guards, even had a private one walk me back from going pee, and he was very nice and polite - ok, that's not a suggestion :)

maybe women who didn't feel comfortable riding for whatever reason (some girls really don't know how to ride bikes...no, really) could be love slaves too...I loved all the girl on girl interaction on the dance floor...and the chick djs, and the dancers on the ladder...did I mention that I had a fabulous time?

how about a corral of women to pick for dance partners too? yum

I was moving through the crowd rubbing ice cubes on people, and they really liked it. depending on the weather, you might have roving icers going around...the boy slaves seemed to like it too!

maybe this is just lame, but i did a fundraiser once where it was an all girl wet t-shirt contest, where the women would pay a small amount to get a large cup of water, which they then got to pour over the female contestent/volunteer of their choice. at the end the woman with the most cups poured on her won. good wet fun for everyone!

how about a kissing booth...yummy.

no, i take it all back, don't change a thing...it was perfect!
\v/

/ \

just listen to the drum

skypilot

Postby skypilot » Fri Sep 24, 2004 7:14 pm

:D no, fishy. in costume is 10.00, street clothes, 20.00. i'll wear the suit and don the hat once i'm off the bike..riding a motorcycle in the people's republic of california without a helmet is a 150.00 fine..no thanks. i truly don't understand how you people can live in S.F, much less CA. You all go to work, scrimping and saving to afford a ticket to burning man and bums(NOT HOMELESS, BUMS) get paid money by the city to be just that-bums and leeches who lie in squalor, pissing in the street and aggressively "panhandling" while you pick up the tab. there, now i'm off my soapbox.

Return to “Stories”