Non Judgmental Post about RVs

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.
CornMan

Non Judgmental Post about RVs

Post by CornMan » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:04 pm

Does anybody have any photos of their RV on the playa that is either decorated, custom painted, decked out in camo net, covered with a shade structure, lit with LED lighting, or showing creative covering up of corporate rental company logos? I'm not asking about mutant vehicles made from RVs. I'd just like to see some ideas.
The camp with a difference
Never mind the weather
When you camp with Plug & Ply
Your holiday's forever

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Brainy Bar

Re: Non Judgmental Post about RVs

Post by trilobyte » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:10 pm

I'm giving this a nudge over to Experiences At Burning Man, since that's a better fit for event photo/photo request threads. Sorry, I don't have any pics to offer, I've never camped in one. I've had many awesome RV neighbors and campmates over the years, some have decorated with lights, others put up murals to both cover and provide additional shade for their vehicles. Hopefully somebody out there has great pics to share.

ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:29 pm

YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

Canoe

Post by Canoe » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:52 pm

Not decorative nor creative, but Kitchen Shelf Liner as to a material that would stick and could be used for such, depending on what colours you used.
http://eplaya.burningman.org/viewtopic. ... er#p848574
That's one word I regret googling during breakfast.
Video games are giving kids unrealistic expectations on how many swords they can carry.
, but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.

Savannah
Burning Since: 2023

Post by Savannah » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:05 pm

Winebuff's trailer is adorable. I've messaged her in the hopes that she will post a picture. :)
*** The Burning Man Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle

Captain Goddammit
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: First Camp

Post by Captain Goddammit » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:28 pm

GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."

Drawingablank
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Post by Drawingablank » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:50 pm

Savannah: I don't know what it is, but no thread here escapes alive. You'll get 1 or 2 real answers at minimum, occasionally 10 or 12, and then we flog it until it's unrecognizable and you can't get your deposit back.

Yet Another Crappy Birgin Guide

CornMan

Post by CornMan » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:04 pm

Sometimes I wish eplaya had the "like" button like facebook.
Never mind the weather
Your holiday's forever

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:05 pm

Because having to formulate words like "that's funny" or "Wow, that's cool" is so hard...
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

graidawg
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: CAMP Hooker

Post by graidawg » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:07 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:Because having to formulate words like "that's funny" or "Wow, that's cool" is so hard...

FREE THE SHERPAS
Burners with torches is right and natural and just.-fishy.
CATCH AND RELEASE.

TomServo
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Black Rock City Assholes Union Local 668

Post by TomServo » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:39 pm

I think decorating your RV is a positive step!

sorry but I couldn't resist..

[media]
anything worth doing is worth overdoing..

CornMan

Post by CornMan » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:29 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:Because having to formulate words like "that's funny" or "Wow, that's cool" is so hard...
No, no, no. That's not it. It's so we don't clog the threads with little comments like we're doing now.
Never mind the weather
Your holiday's forever

Canoe

Post by Canoe » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:18 pm

CornMan wrote:
No, no, no. That's not it. It's so we don't clog the threads with little comments like we're doing now.
LIKE!
Video games are giving kids unrealistic expectations on how many swords they can carry.
, but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.

winebuff
Burning Since: 2010

Post by winebuff » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:18 pm

I am on vacation now and can't seem to download my RV decorated pic from Burning Man 2000. I added big hippy flowers to my vintage trailer and lights etc. will post pic when I can. You can see a bit of it in my profile pic. Solar lights work well. I am bringing a 59 airstream this year so trying to work out a flamingo theme :D in the vintage trailer world, it is called Glamping.
Savannah wrote:Winebuff's trailer is adorable. I've messaged her in the hopes that she will post a picture. :)

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:29 am

Canoe wrote:
CornMan wrote:
LIKE!

I'll see you one LIKE and raise you a Wowza!

Canoe

Post by Canoe » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:36 am

AntiM wrote:
"theCryptofishist" Because having to formulate words like "that's funny" or "Wow, that's cool" is so hard...
"CornMan"No, no, no. That's not it. It's so we don't clog the threads with little comments like we're doing now.
"Canoe" LIKE!
I'll see you one LIKE and raise you a Wowza!
And back with a Jiggy for your Wowza.

mamasharon

Post by mamasharon » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:16 pm

dragon.JPG
This is a photo of our motor home at a trial run at Gemini Party here in the Willamette Valley. Picture turned out better than at Burning Man where we recreated the dragon.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mamasharon

Post by mamasharon » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:20 pm

Second picture shows The Bizarre Bazaar and Kazbah also.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mamasharon

Post by mamasharon » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:31 pm

Since we're on the subject of being non-judgmental, I think you non-RV folks need to know it's possible to get into the spirit of Burning Man even in a RV. Furthermore, on the subject of being judgmental, I was a virgin the year I created it and it was assembled by a theme camp of virgins from all over the world put together on eplaya with NO camp dues and NO restrictions on who could join. If that is not in the true Burning Man spirit, I don't know what is. Mama Skaron

mamasharon

Post by mamasharon » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:24 pm

Thanks to Jordan I finally have a picture of the Dragon Wagon on The Playa.

Lonesomebri
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: CAMP THREAT

Post by Lonesomebri » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:35 pm

Since no one is around here anymore to see me caving in, I can confess that this year a couple huge RVs pulled up next to our camp, asked if it was okay, made a great wind-break, had a quiet generator that they seldom used, and were pleasant all around. It was nice....

BetaBox

Post by BetaBox » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:40 pm

air force one from martini village looked pretty pimp. not mutated much, but quite sweet.
See you in 2014

delle

Post by delle » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:52 pm

We had one straight across from us that loped clamorously on start up every day before settling down to the usual din.

Although it was remarkable, it neither killed nor even maimed us. We had other good shit to focus on, and I think we felt more sorry for them than anything else.
Worry is a misuse of imagination

She had blue skin, And so did he.
He kept it hid And so did she.
They searched for blue Their whole life through,
Then passed right by- And never knew.”

Shel Silverstein

nilasnake

Post by nilasnake » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:11 pm

this is killbuck and my accomodations
our trailer.jpg

Martiansky
Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: --->Hushville

Post by Martiansky » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:18 pm

Nila, I love the paint scheme!!! Were you the artist?
I've been pondering painting my 1976 17' trailer.
Just not sure of what color(s) or type of paint ot use.
So the theme this year is like a giant camp out in the desert? With people bringing lots of shit from all over? uh.. -Marscrumbs

nilasnake

Post by nilasnake » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:25 pm

killbuck is the artist...sideshow was our camp in illumination village this year.

robbidobbs
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Pottie Central

Post by robbidobbs » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:52 pm

I just need to jump in to give some reality check on this issue:
I have met several people in my life that could have a life changing experience if only they could come out to TTITD.
They are not wholly medically prepared to meet the demands of our wonderful desert camping environment, but they are well and truly spiritual "burners" in the real sense. I have implored them to just get an RV with air conditioning and come out. I believe they would provide us hardened burners with their compassionate and creative talents. And I believe they would open their doors to any burners who were facing a serious dirt storm who needed shelter.
The most beautiful things I've ever seen with regards to RVs was in Doc Pyro's RV. He printed on the toilet seat of his RV: "DO NOT SHIT IN MY TOILET". This policy is profoundly enlightened, and I am in awe of his foresight on this issue. I had the pleasure of piddling in his RV toilet when I was on Robbi Repair. He offered up his air conditioning and soft bed when I most needed it. I have nothing but love to offer him for his kind offering. RV's truly have their uses. I wouldn't dream of denying anyone else that opportunity to help another participant because they didn't decorate their vehicle.

That said...
Entitlement Camp "participants" are another story - This year, I was in receipt of a serious complaint about them from USS. It turns out that a sufficient number of these fuck wads saw fit to harass, threaten and generally disrespect MY GUYS. They were absolutely rude to USS about sucking their RV shit. THIS IS NOT OK! I will spend more time on this issue when I get around to writing my Final Wipe-up, but I wanted to get it on record here now that I am thoroughly pissed at this behavior.

Ok, back to you're regular pic sharing.
RobbiDobbs clear

kiss-o-matic
Burning Since: 2012

Post by kiss-o-matic » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:36 pm

ygmir wrote:Image
I saw this I think -- was quite impressed!
I have met several people in my life that could have a life changing experience if only they could come out to TTITD.
They are not wholly medically prepared to meet the demands of our wonderful desert camping environment, but they are well and truly spiritual "burners" in the real sense. I have implored them to just get an RV with air conditioning and come out. I believe they would provide us hardened burners with their compassionate and creative talents. And I believe they would open their doors to any burners who were facing a serious dirt storm who needed shelter.
You can lead a horse to water, as they say. I've got a few friends as well that really need go. Even sadder, I have a group of friends that were likely burners in a past life, or are quantum-entagled to burners now, but can "never go" as they are in education... pretty serious education as it were, and missing the first week of school is not a possibility. I've tried to convince them to quit their jobs, but nobody listens.

Anywho, back on topic. I don't know if I'll ever do the RV thing. The only time it seems to be worth the dough is if you need to sleep from about noon to 5PM. This year, I had a very full schedule, and that only happened one day. It happened to be Saturday which was scorching, and as such, I got zero sleep. But hey, I'm alive. I stayed in a friend's Playa Dome + shiny sun reflector thing as a tent shade and I must say, I was impressed. They are pricey (about $1000 for the combo) but are reusable. An RV will cost you about that if you go in 4-ways.

EDIT: Queuing for entrance and exodus. It would be nice to lay down.

Return to “Stories”