Burning Man Front Gate Closed - Overcapicity...

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.
Rabbi Dali Rick

Burning Man Front Gate Closed - Overcapicity...

Post by Rabbi Dali Rick » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:32 pm

Well shit on a shingle, the rumors are pretty much true, Burning Man has had to close the gate, they have reached theor official capacity. As of yesterday afternoon, BLM was only allowing entry on a "One out, One In" basis. Even with a Ticket...

I had been getting post from people who said there still Thousands sitting outside the gate, in a line that was miles long. I thought they were just bullshitting, but nope Burning Man has closed its doors, all Full...

Hulk Sad...

Got this link from Action Girl...

http://www.rgj.com/article/20130830/EVE ... ock+Desert

Canoe

Re: Burning Man Front Gate Closed - Overcapicity...

Post by Canoe » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:37 pm

we're over here not in 'for the other 51 weeks'

http://eplaya.burningman.org/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=66794
uncle sticky wrote:We left BRC at about 4 in the afternoon on Friday. No line to get in, we saw a few virgins getting rolled in the dust, so they were admitting folks.
Last edited by Canoe on Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Video games are giving kids unrealistic expectations on how many swords they can carry.
... but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.

shroom
Burning Since: 2010

Post by shroom » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:40 pm

this is exactly why if/when i get to go again, i'm going on monday and staying the whole week.
"Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire."~~Fred Shero

FlyingMonkey

Post by FlyingMonkey » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:45 pm

That really sucks. I can't imagine what it would be like to prepare all year, drive (2,000 miles for me) only to get to the gate & have to sit outside. But then again I have a tough time having any sympathy for someone that just shows up for a day or two (not a lot of planning for that). Still, it really sucks.
So if they don’t get in do they get their money back, or does that fall under the “we can deny entry to anyone” clause?
In your wildest dreams you can not imagine the marvelous SURPRISES that await YOU.

BBadger
Burning Since: 2010

Post by BBadger » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:07 pm

There are no refunds if you can't get in. Who can even verify who the actual "owner" of a ticket is anyway?

What might result is that the event plans performs less trunking with respect to camping capacity. Burning Man sure has suffered some growing pains these past few years.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.

FlyingMonkey

Post by FlyingMonkey » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:27 pm

True, And I guess it would depend on who was actually controlling the flow of traffic preventing people from getting in. I personally cant imagine only going for a few days but then again I have a long drive to get there. I'm not able to take everything in in a week much less a few days. But I suspect that's not why the weekenders go.
In your wildest dreams you can not imagine the marvelous SURPRISES that await YOU.

Ugly Dougly
Burning Since: 1996

Post by Ugly Dougly » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:51 pm

Burning Man is so popular.

Return to “Stories”