best costume/outfit seen this year

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.
Koneis

best costume/outfit seen this year

Post by Koneis » Sun Sep 12, 2004 7:13 am

Which is the best costume/outfit you've seen at this burn? :shock:

love ya

Koneis

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Sun Sep 12, 2004 7:41 am

Best uses of el-wire:

Animated jedi knight on the back of a large cape.
Animated three dimensional wings
Swirly pants
Spider in a web

kinetic

Post by kinetic » Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:45 pm

I think the best outfit I saw was a couple who had their whole body done in El Wire, including their major organs (which were different colors and would blink at different times) It was awesome. They had it all on their front, and then a skeletal outline on their back. So cool.
I talked to them and they said it took over 50 hours to put together. So worth it.

scarlet_minnow

Post by scarlet_minnow » Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:19 pm

OMG, I saw the EL organ couple, too, and that was freakin' fantastic. In all honesty, though, I was pretty damn pleased with my full-length faux zebra coat made for me by a new friend off e-playa and complete with matching pants I bought off ebay that fit me perfectly. A little EL wire to light me up and viola! Complete warmth, comfort, and pimpness all in one outfit. My only regret was not finding sam, the expert seamstress of my coat- she had a matching hat for me, too! *mwah*
Be who you are and say what you feel... for those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind.

-- Dr. Suess

skagg

Post by skagg » Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:58 pm

The flaming hula hoop on the otherwise nude fire dancer at Mutaytor after the burn. She rocked!

dj big E

gwar dude

Post by dj big E » Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:01 pm

How bought the guy with gwar style robot head he rocked. Long haired bunny rabbit chick looked way cool.

Zeejay

Post by Zeejay » Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:42 am

Anybody see the full on mech , giant robot, suit? IT was all done up in green EL and it moved perfectly, i suspect some serious thought was put into the movement. Also the Anubis Custume was Great, and I saw some Awesome Tron outfits.

Diane

best outfit/costume

Post by Diane » Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:19 pm

a campmate, Paige, made this great Naked lady suit complete with HUGE T & A - absolutely hilarious and warm!

scarlet_minnow

Post by scarlet_minnow » Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:04 pm

Oh, yeah, I remembered another kick-ass costume... the traveling shower guy!! He he had a mini-pool that you stepped into and then he worked his shower contraption (on his shoulders/head) and you got a refreshing little dousing. Sweet! That morning was one of my best walkabouts... bloody mary at Our Lady of Schlongs (where the girls got off easy, lol), pancake at Sloth, and Traveling Shower dude. What a way to start the morning at Burning Man...
Be who you are and say what you feel... for those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind.

-- Dr. Suess

Larissa

Post by Larissa » Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:39 pm

kinetic wrote:I think the best outfit I saw was a couple who had their whole body done in El Wire, including their major organs (which were different colors and would blink at different times) It was awesome. They had it all on their front, and then a skeletal outline on their back. So cool.
I talked to them and they said it took over 50 hours to put together. So worth it.
This one? It was pretty cool for sure.

There was this other chick Piper in our camp who had this hot costume made out of rabbit I think. Loved the skull thong. :)

Return to “Stories”