music you heard at BM this year

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.
xhoosier
Burning Since: 2009

music you heard at BM this year

Post by xhoosier » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:50 pm

I was over near 2 and esplanade and was listening to what I would call Indian style trance music. I don't know the style but I hear the womens voice and the easy listening instrument sounds to dance to. Does anyone know who it was or what they were playing when I talk about the indian twist to the music?

thanks for any help on this.

BBadger
Burning Since: 2010

Re: music you heard at BM this year

Post by BBadger » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:08 pm

[media]
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.

atomicray

Post by atomicray » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:37 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACP_Ohnl ... 59F5110D74

Honestly I had hoped it would be different, and there are some flourishes, but all in all the same trace poodoo.

Meh
"Almost nobody dances sober, unless they happen to be insane."
— H.P. Lovecraft

FossaFerox
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Vinyl Bunker

Post by FossaFerox » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:41 am

It's a guess, but I know the Pachanga Boys did a few sets in various places this year and they were experimenting a bit more than usual. The set I caught near the 9 o'clock road bathrooms in the inner playa around sunrise after burn night sounds very similar to what you're describing.
ygmir wrote:Everyone loves you there, and no one cares a shit about you..........all at once. and vice versa.

atomicray

Post by atomicray » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:06 pm

FossaFerox wrote:It's a guess, but I know the Pachanga Boys did a few sets in various places this year and they were experimenting a bit more than usual. The set I caught near the 9 o'clock road bathrooms in the inner playa around sunrise after burn night sounds very similar to what you're describing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAy8biUSs3M

I didn't get any Indian vibe out of that particular repetitive track of crap...honestly, if this is an example of their best then they suck.

It was like three notes over and over...whana whana whana...whana whana whana...repeat ad nauseam perpetuus.

Yikes.

I hope that was not the interesting sounding Indian trance the OP described... :shock:
— H.P. Lovecraft

FossaFerox
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Vinyl Bunker

Post by FossaFerox » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:14 pm

atomicray wrote:
FossaFerox wrote:It's a guess, but I know the Pachanga Boys did a few sets in various places this year and they were experimenting a bit more than usual. The set I caught near the 9 o'clock road bathrooms in the inner playa around sunrise after burn night sounds very similar to what you're describing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAy8biUSs3M

I didn't get any Indian vibe out of that particular repetitive track of crap...honestly, if this is an example of their best then they suck.

It was like three notes over and over...whana whana whana...whana whana whana...repeat ad nauseam perpetuus.

Yikes.

I hope that was not the interesting sounding Indian trance the OP described... :shock:
That's about the worst I've heard them, actually. Part of the problem is the range is too broad for these shitty cameras to capture it. It's very different to hear it without the distortion. Still, that's a pretty shitty track. As an aside, you are aware that trance is VERY repetitive music, right?
ygmir wrote:Everyone loves you there, and no one cares a shit about you..........all at once. and vice versa.

atomicray

Post by atomicray » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:01 pm

FossaFerox wrote:
atomicray wrote:
FossaFerox wrote:
That's about the worst I've heard them, actually. Part of the problem is the range is too broad for these shitty cameras to capture it. It's very different to hear it without the distortion. Still, that's a pretty shitty track. As an aside, you are aware that trance is VERY repetitive music, right?
Well yeah...lol.

But the OP noted...
xhoosier wrote:...was listening to what I would call Indian style trance music. I don't know the style but I hear the womens voice and the easy listening instrument sounds to dance to. Does anyone know who it was or what they were playing when I talk about the indian twist to the music?

thanks for any help on this.
I did not get any Indian, women's voices, or easy listening...just repetitive background. All trace is repetitive but that does not have to mean the same piece over and over...I kept waiting for something else to kick in or to droooooooopppppppp...but no, it was more like a single button being pushed or a key on a synth...nothing else...I would not even say what that video demo'ed was even trance, more like a repeated note only...a single note repeated does not music make, that is just a droning noise...like a cicada.

But as you said that was not a good example of their efforts.

:)
— H.P. Lovecraft

Return to “Stories”