'14 cheers and jeers

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.
digital
Burning Since: 2018
Camp Name: Middle'a-nowhere

Re: '14 cheers and jeers

Post by digital » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:01 pm

Cheers:
- My Crew.
- The rain: What a wonderfully unexpected storm. Bliss... and a day off!
- Sunbeam's Bacon Tamales: Wow. Just, wow.
- Elliot and the tools he provided: Saved my butt a few times (literally!).

Jeers:
- The mother-fucking-piece-of-shit-asshat who flew an unregistered drone into The Man structure while we were loading liquid fuels with three crew members inside the structure. Yes, I am the fucker in orange who chased you down -- waited over half-an-hour for you to grow a pair and come down off the MV -- and had your drone confiscated. You are lucky I couldn't reach that thing or I would have smashed it to small little pieces. (Told you this would happen, Dear Mods. Thank goodness it didn't end in a fatality. *sigh*)
- The Ranger who told said asshat he could fly a drone into our perimeter. Read your own fucking rules, Ranger Numbnuts.
- People who think trance-fence = PnP and therefore see it as their duty to challenge this perimeter while lecturing us on "Radical-Inclusion". Next time I will radically include a hot poker up your rectum.
- Hippies in general.

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:35 pm

Cheer for "trance-fence". I don't know what it means, but it is evocative. (Really, I like it, I"m not making fun of you.)
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

digital
Burning Since: 2018
Camp Name: Middle'a-nowhere

Post by digital » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:38 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:Cheer for "trance-fence". I don't know what it means, but it is evocative. (Really, I like it, I"m not making fun of you.)
Freudian slip. Yet, pointing this out just gave me some great ideas... :D

tamarakay
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by tamarakay » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:49 pm

Oh god. Psy trance. The dome across the street and psy trance. Such a mood killer. For the first time in my life I wanted to vandalize something. THEN on the art car the kid in charge of music, psy trance. We begged for something else and got enya. We bailed way the heck out there somewhere and walked back. What a snoozefest that stuff is. It takes a lot for a fat old lady to bail and walk.
When the only tool you got is a hammer, every problem looks like a hippie.

Mmmmmm I love the smell of Burning Man - Token

Getting overly dramatic about the ticket sale process is so 2012. - Maladroit

http://www.dyewithdignity.com

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021

Post by lucky420 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:50 pm

tamarakay wrote:Oh god. Psy trance. The dome across the street and psy trance. Such a mood killer. For the first time in my life I wanted to vandalize something. THEN on the art car the kid in charge of music, psy trance. We begged for something else and got enya. We bailed way the heck out there somewhere and walked back. What a snoozefest that stuff is. It takes a lot for a fat old lady to bail and walk.
Ditto
Ditto
Ditto

Kid was nice but totally fucking clueless. I wanted to choke him. Real bad.
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Bart W
Burning Since: 2000

Post by Bart W » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:11 pm

Cheers:
The Good Samaritan ladies near 9 and B who flagged down my pedal car to request I take Unknown Drunken Boy to Rampart at 9am one morning. I'm sorry I turned down the ziplock bag of vomit 'evidence'

LEO's - for a reduced 'militarization' feel and generally good vibe.

Moose from Heidelberg - who recognized my voice (as Odysseus) and told me how much he enjoyed being a Greek soldier 4 years ago. Brought all the joys and terrors of that day back.

The citizens of the city who this year seemed to take leave no trace to heart. There looked to be FAR fewer bags of trash sitting by the side of 447.

Radio Electra - for being once again a camp so hard to leave to see the rest of the city!

Jeers:

Just the doofus on an unknown art car parked somewhere near 3 and esplanade who decided, at 3am, to crank up the PA and ramble on about nothing to those on his art car, at a volume than ensured that all of the rest of the neighborhood got to hear his drivel.

Drawingablank
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Post by Drawingablank » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:55 pm

lucky420 wrote:
tamarakay wrote:Oh god. Psy trance. The dome across the street and psy trance. Such a mood killer. For the first time in my life I wanted to vandalize something. THEN on the art car the kid in charge of music, psy trance. We begged for something else and got enya. We bailed way the heck out there somewhere and walked back. What a snoozefest that stuff is. It takes a lot for a fat old lady to bail and walk.
Ditto
Ditto
Ditto

Well I listen mostly to trance and psy trance and what he was playing on the art car that night was neither as far as I could tell. Oddly enough on the next trip you two actually complimented me on the music I played which was in fact trance (although mostly vocal trance) lol.

Edit - I agree about the stuff that dome was playing, but again I hardly would consider the crap they played psy trance.
Last edited by Drawingablank on Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Savannah: I don't know what it is, but no thread here escapes alive. You'll get 1 or 2 real answers at minimum, occasionally 10 or 12, and then we flog it until it's unrecognizable and you can't get your deposit back.

Yet Another Crappy Birgin Guide

Nipple

Post by Nipple » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:56 pm

That Doofus may have been in the BRC3PO...

They had a mic in the mailbox, and "The Mouth" just kept going on and on and on... Nice guy.

lucky420

Post by lucky420 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:04 pm

Drawingablank wrote:
lucky420 wrote:
Ditto
Ditto
Ditto

Well I listen mostly to trance and psy trance and what he was playing on the art car that night was neither as far as I could tell. Oddly enough on the next trip you two actually complimented me on the music I played which was in fact trance (although mostly vocal trance) lol.

Edit - I agree about the stuff that dome was playing, but again I hardly would consider the crap they played psy trance.

Ok maybe it's not psy trance but it was putting us in a trance. I think he was trying to hypnotize us. I don't know maybe that's house or tech house or just crap. I like dub & glitch mob stuff.
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Drawingablank

Post by Drawingablank » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:25 pm

LOL, it wasn't house or any other form of EDM I've ever heard - the closest I can think to describe it is environment / meditation type music. I agree it was sleepy time stuff though, certainly nothing I want to hear on an art car (or any other time for that matter).
Savannah: I don't know what it is, but no thread here escapes alive. You'll get 1 or 2 real answers at minimum, occasionally 10 or 12, and then we flog it until it's unrecognizable and you can't get your deposit back.

tamarakay

Post by tamarakay » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:35 pm

Drawingablank wrote:
lucky420 wrote:
Ditto
Ditto
Ditto

Funny, I don't remember another trip in the car with you? The only time I got on a car again was when I drove it for a daytime art tour (that you didn't go on). I remember you telling me you got compliments on your psy trance choices, but it wasn't me.
When the only tool you got is a hammer, every problem looks like a hippie.

Mmmmmm I love the smell of Burning Man - Token

Getting overly dramatic about the ticket sale process is so 2012. - Maladroit

http://www.dyewithdignity.com

Bart W

Post by Bart W » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:46 pm

Nipple wrote:That Doofus may have been in the BRC3PO...

They had a mic in the mailbox, and "The Mouth" just kept going on and on and on... Nice guy.
Well then. Gives me a target for the focused EMP gun I'm working on for next year... ;)

Drawingablank

Post by Drawingablank » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:24 pm

tamarakay wrote:
Funny, I don't remember another trip in the car with you? The only time I got on a car again was when I drove it for a daytime art tour (that you didn't go on). I remember you telling me you got compliments on your psy trance choices, but it wasn't me.
Well actually I don't really do psy trance on the art car as it is more of an acquired taste than regular trance, and I must be mistaken about the conversation although I distinctly remember talking to Lucky about it and thought you were there as well.

Netty58
Burning Since: 2014

Post by Netty58 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:00 pm

From a newbie...

Cheers to Barbie Death Village for hosting a great Meet n' Greet. I forgot my cup and offered the wrong password but was forgiven. I was close - it was a citrus fruit. And we found a plastic bowl to drink wine out of.

Cheers to what we thought was a great idea for tent stakes. Those twirl-into-the-ground dog stakes don't work. But we gifted them to the guy we rented the van from. He now has the ability to tie up 4 dogs. Sadly, he doesn't have any.

Cheers to using a cat litter tray for a foot bath.

Cheers to our new best friends at 5:30 & K. Bocce ball and tequila shots are a spiffy way to spend the afternoon!

We traveled on foot and although my feet started to suffer, it was a wonderful slow-crawl way to experience the playa. The long walk to the temple made the arrival and time spent there all the more meaningful.

Special thanks to the guy on the bike who passed me clutching my Ziploc bag of bog roll, all smiles, on the way to the porto-loos and said "It's the Beautiful Woman with The Toilet Paper." There's a playa name in there somewhere.

Drawingablank

Post by Drawingablank » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:04 pm

Netty58 wrote:Cheers to Barbie Death Village for hosting a great Meet n' Greet. I forgot my cup and offered the wrong password but was forgiven. I was close - it was a citrus fruit. And we found a plastic bowl to drink wine out of.
I am dying here - there was no actual password for the Meet & Greet. That was just a joke started by someone, and next year it will probably be showing your secret decoder ring or something equally ridiculous.

I'm glad you had a good time though.

Roy333

Post by Roy333 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:10 am

Cheers: To friends who invited me, and the camp who let me (an older man) join them for my virgin burn. Everyone was great, treating me like I had been with them for years, and to the other virgins in camp who also were great.
To everyone I came across that showed me there really are people who try to live by the principles, at least for a week. Most impressive was the “real” acceptance I experienced, freedom to do my thing, friendliness from a majority of everyone.
To new friends I met.
To my first Burn. Hopefully not my last.

Jeers: for someone taking my bicycle lying not 10 feet behind me while I watched the Siege machine burn. Then for leaving my basketthat was on the bicycle (which contained my lock) just to rub it in. To anyone who makes excuses for the thieves while blaming me because I didn’t lock it.
Porta potties,
To people on this board who don’t think emotion can be expressed without using profanity, and to those who will use profanity against me just because I expressed my opinion on profanity.

graidawg
Camp Name: CAMP Hooker

Post by graidawg » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:45 am

Roy333 wrote:Cheers: To friends who invited me, and the camp who let me (an older man) join them for my virgin burn. Everyone was great, treating me like I had been with them for years, and to the other virgins in camp who also were great.
To everyone I came across that showed me there really are people who try to live by the principles, at least for a week. Most impressive was the “real” acceptance I experienced, freedom to do my thing, friendliness from a majority of everyone.
To new friends I met.

Jeers: for someone taking my bicycle lying not 10 feet behind me while I watched the Siege machine burn. Then for leaving my basketthat was on the bicycle (which contained my lock) just to rub it in. To anyone who makes excuses for the thieves while blaming me because I didn’t lock it.
Porta potties,
To people on this board who don’t think emotion can be expressed without using profanity, and to those who will use profanity against me just because I expressed my opinion on profanity.
fliipin heck. don't like swearing? fudge your day then. :lol:
FREE THE SHERPAS
Burners with torches is right and natural and just.-fishy.
CATCH AND RELEASE.

lucky420

Post by lucky420 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:03 am

Roy333 wrote:Cheers: To friends who invited me, and the camp who let me (an older man) join them for my virgin burn. Everyone was great, treating me like I had been with them for years, and to the other virgins in camp who also were great.
To new friends I met.

Porta potties,
I use profanity daily. "Fuck" is one of my favorite words. I DO think emotions can be expressed without profanity. I prefer to use profanity just as you prefer not to. My use of profanity has nothing to do with your opinion of profanity. Wow I just used the word "profanity" so much that it's starting to look profane.

Fuck it
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

unjonharley
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Elliot's naked bycycel repair

Post by unjonharley » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:28 am

lucky420 wrote:
To new friends I met.

Porta potties,
I use profanity daily. "Fuck" is one of my favorite words. I DO think emotions can be expressed without profanity. I prefer to use profanity just as you prefer not to. My use of profanity has nothing to do with your opinion of profanity. Wow I just used the word "profanity" so much that it's starting to look profane.

Fuck it
fucking-a-right
I'm the contraptioneer your mother warned you about.

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:11 am

In terms of making people uncomfortable on eplaya, there's something for everyone.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

forty_eight
Burning Since: 2013

Post by forty_eight » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:35 am

Haha, I got shamed by a kid at Sk8 Kamp for using profanity. I apologized ... little shit said he didn't accept! rofl

He was a cool kid anyway - the little shit.

lucky420

Post by lucky420 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:26 am

sounds like a little dick. I would've loved to school him ^^
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Roy333

Post by Roy333 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:29 am

graidawg wrote:
Roy333 wrote:
Jeers: ----
fliipin heck. don't like swearing? fudge your day then. :lol:

OK, you guys are good sports about this. Also in My defense, all my time at Burning Man i did not say one word to anyone about the 'words' they used. and also, if that is the worst thing I said about my BUrning Man experience you know I had a great time. (aside from the bike getting stolen. @*@@*&**)

BootKickingStrumpet

Post by BootKickingStrumpet » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:48 pm

Cheers:
-letting go of some major emotional shit at the Temple of Grace
-finding my heart/libido on the Playa
-having years of emotional walls built up by depression washed away
-having my mind opened to new ways of thinking
-all the new friends I made
-reconnecting with myself deeper level
-being proud of attending BM for the first time and seeing all my hard work payoff
-taking pictures of my experiences to share with loved ones back in Defaultia
-walking around in underwear and boots

Some where in between:
If I never see Red Bull, Pop-Tarts, Chef Boyardee or my piss-jug for along while...it will be to soon!

Jeers:
-finding human shit on the playa
-being down wind from the port-o-pottie and having them run out of hand sanitizer
-peoples inability to close the lid when done with above
-someone taking my water upon entrance to BRC via the Burner Express
-all the post BM cleaning I still have to do
-taking weeks in getting my sleep and hunger to back to normal
-emptying my piss jug
“Unless commitment is made, there are only promises and hopes; but no plans.” ― Peter F. Drucker

FlyingMonkey

Post by FlyingMonkey » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:44 pm

Drawingablank wrote:
Netty58 wrote:Cheers to Barbie Death Village for hosting a great Meet n' Greet. I forgot my cup and offered the wrong password but was forgiven. I was close - it was a citrus fruit. And we found a plastic bowl to drink wine out of.
I am dying here - there was no actual password for the Meet & Greet. That was just a joke started by someone, and next year it will probably be showing your secret decoder ring or something equally ridiculous.

I'm glad you had a good time though.

I will be sure to have a decoder ring too.

Remember it's Pine Apple, not Pineapple.

Of course we will need a new password for next year.........Any thoughts?
In your wildest dreams you can not imagine the marvelous SURPRISES that await YOU.

TT120
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Orphans TOO!

Post by TT120 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:01 pm

FlyingMonkey wrote:Of course we will need a new password for next year.........Any thoughts?
A crotch shot from Kowtows lost camera.
Life's a bitch, then you go to Burning Man - Unjonharley
We welcome the stranger, but that doesn't mean we have to like them, nor they us, and that's alright. - AntiM

W6BJD

GreyCoyote

Post by GreyCoyote » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:12 pm

If its gonna be Kowtow-based, i vote for Ring Toss :). (Think of it as a photo-op. LOL!)
Last edited by GreyCoyote on Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"To sum up my compassion level, I think we should feed the unwanted animals to the homeless. Or visa versa. Too much attention and money is spent on both."
(A Beautiful Mind)

chuckularone
Camp Name: Fish Out Of Water

Post by chuckularone » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:13 pm

Be careful what you wish for!
Remember kiddoes, if you don't sin, Jesus died for nothing!

chuckularone:: Pronounced: Chuck-You-Lar-One
http://makerandfixerofthings.blogspot.com
KF4JPE

chuckularone
Camp Name: Fish Out Of Water

Post by chuckularone » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:14 pm

GreyCoyote wrote:If its gonna be Kowtow-based, i vote for Ring Toss :)
Ha! Ring Toss. I see what you did there. :twisted:
Remember kiddoes, if you don't sin, Jesus died for nothing!

chuckularone:: Pronounced: Chuck-You-Lar-One
http://makerandfixerofthings.blogspot.com
KF4JPE

nncoco

Post by nncoco » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:31 am

Cheers:
• The crazy Canadian fitness model I found on a ride share board. When I said I didn't have a ticket, she said no problem. You were like a good luck charm. We ended up camping together and taking side trips on an 11 day adventure. You are the best of Burning Man.
• The crazy French kids who left Lyon with three will call tickets and only two passengers! I love you for having my miracle ticket!
• My amazing camp mates. This was our best year ever.
• The volunteers who build and clean the city. You make this happen and you deserve stock options if the Org ever sells out. Have they already?
• Finally getting Exodus right!
• Everyone who builds interactive theme camps. It can be a thankless job at times, I know.
• The Pooparazzi! Being camped across from the porta potties had one advantage. You were always funny. Must be the tension and release.

Jeers:
• Bucket Listers. Self-indulgent and clueless RV dwellers with a lot to learn about life. You are a waste of a ticket.
• PnP, ButPlug & Play camps and their clients. I am especially disgusted with the BMorg about this travesty of the 10 principles.
• The Billionaire camped @ 6:30&A who had security watching us complete with radios when we visited your supposed theme camp. Interacting with us commoners should be a little uncomfortable. Face the fear!

Return to “Stories”