Any interesting, shocking, funny moop on the ride home?

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.
Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Any interesting, shocking, funny moop on the ride home?

Post by Ratty » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:04 pm

I love hwy 'lost and found'. As soon as I hit the pavement I was watching fat yellow sheets of fiberglass insulation coming out of a temporary building that was being moved on a flatbed. It crapped yellow for half an hour. In the first 50 miles I saw 2 yurts, 6 bags of garbage, 1 bike, wood, metal and a giant stuffed animal.

There were 2 tents or tarps around Sparks, a green blanket at Donner Pass, a cooler at Auburn.

I looked in my side mirror and saw a long swim noodle hanging out of my rear passenger window. I have those smart windows that won't go up if something is in the window, (like a finger or hand). I tried to pull over but it flew out just as I hit the shoulder. Then I watched it blow in and out of the slow lane. NOPE. Not risking my life for a swim noodle. So if you saw a pink noodle around Placerville, that was Me.
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah

Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

Bounce530
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: BRC Guardian Landing pad

Re: Any interesting, shocking, funny moop on the ride home?

Post by Bounce530 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:30 pm

I almost mooped a lug cover from one of the big old custom rims on the tow pig. As we were slowing down to stop at the inspection station at the NV/CA border on 395 north, the cap went flying off. The guy in the inspection booth thought it was the funniest thing ever, he was damn near doubled over with laughter. (I don't get it, but, yeah..) Anyway, he walked back to where it landed, and handed it back to me while trying to ask me if I had any fresh fruits or vegetables through his laughter.

I almost mooped a ratchet strap right at the pavement. Apparently I didn't attach the bottom hook to anything, let alone ratchet it down when strapping the MV down. My plan was to tie everything down enough to get to the line, and save a few minutes while trying to pack up, then do the final lock down while in line, but since there was no line that strap just went to flapping. The loose strap held on until that turn off where the trash drop is up the hill as you first get into Gerlach.
What other people think about you is none of your business.

skippy3k
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: 8:15 and J....or close to it.

Post by skippy3k » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:17 am

We saw a sad teddy bear mooped along 447. I was completely exhausted and thought I had just imagined it. It was the first time in 18 years with my wife that I ever had to admit to myself I was too tired to drive. So I pulled over and let my wife drive, pulling our trailer for the first time. She confirmed to me later that indeed, a teddy bear was sitting on the side of the road staring at us with eyes reflected bright by my headlights. Later, I thought back to that mooped teddy bear and realized that it could have saved us from an accident.
I'm a fixer. I fix things.

GreyCoyote
Burning Since: 2000

Post by GreyCoyote » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:25 am

Eastbound on I-40 east of Kingman traffic stopped due to a truck on fire. A few yards ahead of where I was stuck was a lady in a Budget truck pulling an empty T-bar car hauler. She was pulled off the side next to a late model Mustang. The Mustang was in the ditch.

As it turned out, she stopped when traffic did, and the Mustang came off the hauler and rolled into the ditch. Now THAT was some expensive MOOP!
"To sum up my compassion level, I think we should feed the unwanted animals to the homeless. Or visa versa. Too much attention and money is spent on both."
(A Beautiful Mind)

otakup0pe
Burning Since: 2012

Post by otakup0pe » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:16 pm

Candy caned 5/8" rebar and a huge screwdriver before we even got to the gravel. When we stopped at Oasis 29 I asked if anyone had dropped rebar but nobody claimed it.

Once on the highway it was the usual disgusting mix of ratchet straps, coolers, bags of garbage, and (hopefully temporarily) abandoned trailers and RV's.

TT120
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Orphans TOO!

Post by TT120 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:08 pm

I saw what looked to be the top half of a trailer or camper being loaded onto a truck. Didn't see any other moop around like you'd expect to see with a shredded trailer. NHP was there directing the loading.
Life's a bitch, then you go to Burning Man - Unjonharley
We welcome the stranger, but that doesn't mean we have to like them, nor they us, and that's alright. - AntiM

W6BJD

Return to “Stories”