Call this a little bit of Playa magic

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.
JasonFL
Burning Since: 2013

Call this a little bit of Playa magic

Post by JasonFL » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:08 am

On Wednesday (I think) I was walking alone in the Souk when a girl comes up to me and asks if my name was Daniel. I shook my head. Disappointed, she walked off.

I made my way back around when she came up a second time asking the same question. Before I could answer, she goes "I asked you this already, didn't I?"

I said yes, but then asked if I should change my answer this time and who was this Daniel she was looking for. She told me they met on Tinder and were suppose to meet there, but she hadn't found him yet. I said to her "well, let's find Daniel then... he could be your true love!" She asked how, and I said we were going to need some help.

So I enlisted a bunch of people in the Souk and we all started yelling out for Daniel. We gave up after a couple of minutes, but she told me I got an "A" for effort. We talked for a bit and then she asked to take my photo and she was a photographer from Napa. We then said our good-byes and I told her I hoped she would find Daniel.

So I'm sitting in the Denver airport on the trek home yesterday when I went to look her up only to discover that she already followed me on Twitter - which was weird as I don't even think I gave her my real name (I used my Playa name). So I then discover that we had been tweeting back and forth about my wife and I's love story that went viral a few weeks earlier (we had a picture taken of us in preschool 17 years before we met http://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/throwba ... d=25024729).

We connected the other night on Facebook with her reaction being "I'm at a loss of words ... I'm so sorry but I'm stunned .... And so grateful for this moment ... I don't know what to do.... Hahahahahahaha."

Then she goes "That's a bit bazaar no....", to which I replied "Oh, that you would tweet about my love story and then I would arrive to possibly help you with yours... no... that's just the Playa providing."

It was her first burn.
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."

~ Hunter S. Thompson

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Re: Call this a little bit of Playa magic

Post by theCryptofishist » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:07 pm

"That's a bit supermarket, no..."

(Ah, here she comes, the fish who can suck the joy out of anything with unwanted corrections.)
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

JasonFL

Post by JasonFL » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:11 pm

It's ok... I'll ignore it. I tried to correct a while ago, but apparently I reached my limit if edits!
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."

~ Hunter S. Thompson

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:13 pm

It's a time thing. Besides, I was blaming the girl.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

gustavh
Burning Since: 2011

Post by gustavh » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:58 pm

Love the story. Thanks for sharing!

Bless
Burning Since: 2012

Post by Bless » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:56 pm

So, did she ever find Daniel??
FUCK YOU, I'M A WIZARD. FUCK YOU, I'M A SHARK.

JasonFL

Post by JasonFL » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:11 pm

She didn't ever find him! But she has found a friend with an un-official goal of helping her find true love.

~ Hunter S. Thompson

chuckularone
Burning Since: 2014
Camp Name: Fish Out Of Water

Post by chuckularone » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:14 pm

Now if I could just find someone to help me find Gabrielle.... :cry:
Remember kiddoes, if you don't sin, Jesus died for nothing!

chuckularone:: Pronounced: Chuck-You-Lar-One
http://makerandfixerofthings.blogspot.com
KF4JPE

Return to “Stories”