I never pay. I always sneak into Burning Man

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.
nignog

I never pay. I always sneak into Burning Man

Post by nignog » Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:28 pm

I do this on principle. I don't believe in giving money to a lame-ass cult that destroys the environment. It's amazing how easy it is to breach BM security, despite all the little brown-shirted Black Rock Rangernazis who are trying to keep people like me out. Once I'm in, I find it very easy to sponge off of all the stupid hippies and ravers that frequent the event--so I don't even bother bringing supplies (except for an emergency supply of water).

I figure that, over the years, I've saved literally thousands of dollars this way. Thank you for subsidizing my Burning Man experience, suckers!

bonkmaster

Post by bonkmaster » Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:21 pm

I love that this guy came in here to excite the masses... Good for you buddy. Enjoy your life. Your gonna go far.
try you might like it.

Badger

Post by Badger » Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:49 pm

Yep, it's called 'situational ethics.'

One stakes out the 'high road' in justifying behavior(s) that are intrinsically wrong, or counterproductive.

'Disingenuous' is perhaps a bit more descriptive when reading our wanking little asshat's justification for slinking into the event.

I've heard it before. I've not grown any less bored with it.
Desert dogs drink deep.

secondweekendinjuly
Burning Since: 1995

Post by secondweekendinjuly » Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:05 pm

So what you are saying is that you contribute nothing.
And you feel ok sponging off of others hard work?
That is so sad.
How about a nice cup of fuck off?
Doesn't that sound good?
Somewhere in between living and dreaming comes something else. Guess what it is.

GuinivereElise

Post by GuinivereElise » Sun Oct 17, 2004 7:51 pm

Ewww.... what's that awful smell??

Oh. I see. Another troll...

Don't you belong in a fairy tail or something? Aren't some goats needing you right about now??

cowboyangel

Re: I never pay. I always sneak into Burning Man

Post by cowboyangel » Sun Oct 17, 2004 11:03 pm

nignog wrote:I do this on principle. I don't believe in giving money to a lame-ass cult that destroys the environment. It's amazing how easy it is to breach BM security, despite all the little brown-shirted Black Rock Rangernazis who are trying to keep people like me out. Once I'm in, I find it very easy to sponge off of all the stupid hippies and ravers that frequent the event--so I don't even bother bringing supplies (except for an emergency supply of water).

I figure that, over the years, I've saved literally thousands of dollars this way. Thank you for subsidizing my Burning Man experience, suckers!

wow if this is in fact real, I'm sure dude that one of these days, you'll finally
"get it" meaning an understanding of the beautiful social experiment that BM is and you will want to participate rather than mooch.....
"We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believe is false."- William Casey, CIA Director 1981

SilkenTofu
Location: in a cold case in the healthfood eisle at your local grocery store

Post by SilkenTofu » Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:50 am

nignog wrote:--so I don't even bother bringing supplies (except for an emergency supply of water).
I am almost scared to think where one might keep an emergency supply of water, is it brown when you drink it?

PS your post is cute - you start off saying...
nignog wrote:I don't believe in giving money to a lame-ass cult that destroys the environment
Yet you keep coming to the event? I smell bullshit. Or is that your emergency water supply?
I am a bit tied up at the moment...but if you leave your name and number.....

mamasaid

Post by mamasaid » Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:50 am

someones out to get your goat people...
don't be had, don't get your panties in a bunch. if it were true, nignag or whatever it's name is, wouldn't take the time to write about it. Nor would it be given so much on the playa. It/s vibe never would have allowed it. AND if it were there on the principal that BM was environmentally unsound, he/it wouldn't have the immorality to be a sponge.

Maldita
Blessed Cecilia, appear in visions to all musicians, (including me), appear and inspire

thinkcooper
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: Illumination Village - Spiral Oasis
Location: East side Santa Cruz- can you keep those seals quiet?

Post by thinkcooper » Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:54 am

nignog wrote:I do this on principle. I don't believe in giving money to a lame-ass cult that destroys the environment. It's amazing how easy it is to breach BM security, despite all the little brown-shirted Black Rock Rangernazis who are trying to keep people like me out. Once I'm in, I find it very easy to sponge off of all the stupid hippies and ravers that frequent the event--so I don't even bother bringing supplies (except for an emergency supply of water).

Nathan? Is that you? I read your post and thought it must be you- that's the same story you told us in the main tent... I'm so sorry about what happened to you in our camp. When you snuck the roofie, thinking it was X, out of my stash, and then passed out, we let you lie there for a while... But then some of my campmates got all creative. I'll post the pics of you with the four gay guys having their way with you if you want. They were really happy, and you seemed to be having fun, in a peaceful way. I must be honest though, aside from a contortionist at a freak show in Tijuana, I've never seen someone so at ease with large objects up their ass before. That baseball bat all the way up to the hilt? Sheesh! You must be a rockstar in your world!!!

Anyway, thank for the entertainment. For those gay bear friends of mine, it was like have a Nathan Realdoll for a couple of hours. Glad to hear you made it back alive! We weren't really worried though, cause you had the survival issues so dialed in. See you next year!

bonkmaster

Nathan's anal plug

Post by bonkmaster » Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:40 am

Now that IS funny. To the hilt! To all the Nathan's out there. Don't even bother. You are always a joke, whether you are serious or just trying to raise an eyebrow. You are still and always will be a loser. :roll:
try you might like it.

RoadWarrior

Post by RoadWarrior » Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:50 am

Heh, now collecting the kind of karma that gets you butt raped would seem like a bad idea to me, but whatever turns you on I guess.

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:52 am

Dang, nignog has his panties so tightly knotted about the LLCs money and have they been audited, yet contributes no money of his own. Amazing how he takes us yearly and still watches out for us financially.

Do Trolls even wear panties?
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

scittscott

Post by scittscott » Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:05 am

As an ultimate protest against our "LAME-ASS CULT" you
could volunteer yourself to BE THE BURNING MAN !!! ;
This not only would be in keeping with the spirt of volunteerism,
but would also be FREE!!

Immolation is COOL.

And the experience would last forever.

tsunami

Post by tsunami » Mon Oct 18, 2004 12:18 pm

Nignog,

You should try saving money over the year so you can get a ticket when sales open up. Also try to bring something to share with other people, it will make your expeirence much better. Do what you can to help burning man and I will to.
forever burn...

Mister Jellyfish Mister

The Mayor

Post by Mister Jellyfish Mister » Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:25 am

Hey Nathan! You're the mayor of Slacker City! I love that your life has as much meaning as playa dust. Oh the "suchness" of it all!
Art cred: Georgie Boy 2011: www.mutantvehicle.com/georgie_boy.htm ; Ein Hammer 2010; Fluffer 2009; Zsu Zsu 2008; U-Me 2007; Mantis 2006; MiniMan and Pikes Of Paranoia 2005; Time Machine Mutant Vehicle 2004. www.MutantVehicle.com

mamasaid

Post by mamasaid » Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:19 am

hey there, watch what you say about playa dust...
I consecrate myself with it every morning, it means a lot to me!
this way, the wildness and creativity of the playa stay with me.

Nignog can't be for real, what idiot would boast about this unless he wanted to get a firey post line going??!!
I am loving the hilarious responses though, keep 'em coming

LOL,
Maldita
Blessed Cecilia, appear in visions to all musicians, (including me), appear and inspire

XS

Nignog Kharmic payback

Post by XS » Fri Oct 22, 2004 5:05 pm

Don't worry about nignog. If he's sincere about his tawdry, juvenile little scheme, he's overdue for his Kharmic red-hot poker up the ass. Payback is a bitch.
Too much is never enough.

rodent

Post by rodent » Fri Oct 22, 2004 8:30 pm

This is why 8 year olds seeking attention from their mammas should not be given internet accounts... even if they're really 30...

---
rodent (putting the eek in geek)

Captain Goddammit
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: First Camp

Post by Captain Goddammit » Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:27 pm

Come on... everything "nignog" has ever posted has been as outrageous as possible. Pretty funny stuff, too. As clearly satirical as he is, it's almost embarassing to see anyone take it seriously.
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."

Isotopia

Post by Isotopia » Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:35 pm

This is why 8 year olds seeking attention from their mammas should not be given internet accounts... even if they're really 30...
And this from someone who came to the e-playa this year asking its denizens to cough up money to pay for his ticket. I'm not sure which is the sorer point with me. Those who think that they have an inherent right to cheat the populace because of some skewed sense of entitlement or those who'd take advantage of the general good will of the people and beg like a pauper at the trough.

Both are pretty fucked I think. Mostly because both serve as exceptional examples of people pissing on the ethos of the event.

thinkcooper
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: Illumination Village - Spiral Oasis
Location: East side Santa Cruz- can you keep those seals quiet?

Post by thinkcooper » Sat Oct 23, 2004 11:11 am

Captain Goddammit wrote:Come on... everything "nignog" has ever posted has been as outrageous as possible. Pretty funny stuff, too. As clearly satirical as he is, it's almost embarassing to see anyone take it seriously.
Seriously? :lol:

spectabillis
Burning Since: 2020

Post by spectabillis » Sat Oct 23, 2004 8:10 pm

Damn!

I did not realize it has become so easy for people to rise to this bait!

HughMungus

Post by HughMungus » Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:58 pm

We had to buy tickets at the gate this year (last minute decision to go). We met this guy who had tried to sneak in and was caught by the rangers. It was the funniest thing hearing this guy talk about how the rangers tracked him for an hour like a wild animal in the darkness with their night vision goggles.
It's what you make it.

dj big E

Lmao

Post by dj big E » Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:14 pm

It's time the llc prosecuted some of these fucks. It's called defrauding an innkeeper. Possibly if some of these people got prosecuted the word would get out. Even if they were taken to gerlach finger printed, ticketed and released. This might possibly discourage some future leaches from making theyre way in. And last but not least I personally don't think theyre's enough damage to the enviornment. We must burn more fossil fuels and wood dammit. LMao

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:13 am

DallasPlaya wrote:We had to buy tickets at the gate this year (last minute decision to go). We met this guy who had tried to sneak in and was caught by the rangers. It was the funniest thing hearing this guy talk about how the rangers tracked him for an hour like a wild animal in the darkness with their night vision goggles.
Probably actually Gate/Perimeter staff.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

HughMungus

Post by HughMungus » Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:25 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:
DallasPlaya wrote:We had to buy tickets at the gate this year (last minute decision to go). We met this guy who had tried to sneak in and was caught by the rangers. It was the funniest thing hearing this guy talk about how the rangers tracked him for an hour like a wild animal in the darkness with their night vision goggles.
Probably actually Gate/Perimeter staff.
It was just such a great story, being tracked like an animal. The guy who tried to sneak in was obviously a veteran who just wanted to see if he could do it. To me, it's not someone trying to save money, just one of the great things that makes it burning man.
It's what you make it.

Alpha

Post by Alpha » Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:43 am

Seems like a great game (I'd do it with my ticket in my back pocket) but it DOES put a strain on resources. A perimeter patrol that's tracking someone playing a game, can't track someone else who is actually stealing from the event.

Bob
Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: Royaneh

Post by Bob » Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:26 am

I'm looking for the joke with a microscope. It's not the alleged sneaking in, or the vicarious jock-sniffing thrill of observing rangers at work -- it's bragging about it on the eplaya. I mean -- consider the audience.
Amazing desert structures & stuff: http://sites.google.com/site/potatotrap/

"Let us say I suggest you may be human." -- Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam

Q_

Post by Q_ » Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:23 am

I say: More people should sneak in.... Damn the man, now that the man has become the man, with its own little ranger army (not Ranger bashing, they are the best, I just think its funny). Maybe someone should start a camp to support people that sneak in... Now that would be in the spirit of gifting. Did anyone check out the profit margins generated by the Man? They can support the few people that sneak in. As it stands now, it is hard enough to sneak in that the numbers of people that are doing so are kept to a minimun. Oh boo whooo, somebody got in without paying for their ticket. Who cares!!!!!! I would rather hang out with someone that adds to my BM experience that snuck in than miss the oportunity to hang out with them.... You never know what is going to happen and who you are going to meet. Many people spend tons of bank on bringing gifts or creating art, well I consider it a gift to the people that sneak in. Their gift to me is going against the system and getting everyone in an uproar....
Seek not to follow in the footsteps of the wise but seek what they sought

Bob
Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: Royaneh

Post by Bob » Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:02 am

QED.
Amazing desert structures & stuff: http://sites.google.com/site/potatotrap/

"Let us say I suggest you may be human." -- Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam

Return to “Stories”