2015 was great!

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.
smiffman
Burning Since: 2014

Re: 2015 was great!

Post by smiffman » Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:50 am

2015 was the greatness, I have to agree with Eric, loved it all. The dust, the wind, the home body camp effect, whiteouts deep playa.

Bbadger, playa gods were on your side, glad everything worked out.

Conspiracy theory: Someone was doing donuts down wind from the event and created the Nevada dust bowl 2015........

Captain Goddammit
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: First Camp

Post by Captain Goddammit » Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:56 am

How goddamm fast were you going?!
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."

BBadger
Burning Since: 2010

Post by BBadger » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:51 am

Yeah, it's Burning Man. There will be spanners in the gears, even of your own making. I was very fortunate that only "stuff" got ruined. I got to see the best in people, have a great event, have a little more faith in humanity, and overall, I think I left this Burning Man with more than I came in with.

And thanks for the concern and kind words. They're very appreciated.
CyanEssence wrote:I'm curious, did you tell the insurance company that you were just generally busy for the week, did you mention the burn by name, or are we still telling people about the wonderful pulled pork and ribs up in Sparks that week?
I think I did mention it, but only after just stating that I'd be out of communications for a week. The woman on the end of the line didn't seem to recognize or care about what the event was though, and didn't know where or what a "Gerlach" was.
Captain Goddammit wrote:How goddamm fast were you going?!
I'd say I was probably going about 50-55 in that spot (Google Maps). The sign, according to Google's street-view, says I should have been going 35. I thought I was past the hairy stuff, but there were still a series of tight turns nearing the end that I forgot about. I'll also confess that I was a bit tired from a lack of sleep the previous night (had to fix something using on the last bit of internet access at the motel), and was kind of in auto-pilot mode going down the canyon. I think I had too much confidence in the car's ability to handle the curves too.

Not going to let that happen again. :/
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.

maladroit
Burning Since: 2012

Post by maladroit » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:38 am

I switch to Navigon in the boondocks since phone maps don't work anymore. I guess it's not like there's much navigation to do...but during the curvy bits it was looking ahead and telling me to slow down. Annoying, but after going around a few of those curves I had to admit it was following Asimov's first law and maybe a bit of the third.

Simon of the Playa
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Re: 1985 was great!

Post by Simon of the Playa » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:03 pm

future.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Frida Be You & Me

maladroit
Burning Since: 2012

Post by maladroit » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:11 pm

Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads!

Also, moop == fuel.

maryanimal
Burning Since: 2011

Post by maryanimal » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:12 pm

It.Was.Epic. It was thee best year I've ever had! I went even further outside my box, and now I have no box! I had a foot washing salon this year and I met some wondrous, fascinating, exceptional people this year, and I loved washing, lotioning, and massaging their feet! I heard so many stories! Taco Tuesday was magnificent, although my margies sucked. I never made any margies before and, anyway, I had help making some new mixer. :lol:

On Sunday I took my little camp stove and about 4 loaves of bread, cheese, drove out to the remains of the Man and made grilled cheese sandwiches for people who were hungry. The vibe was so alive! I again met some people, from all corners of the world. What really held my heart were these 4 deaf woman and their interpreter, who came over for water, so we talked, I've forgotten a lot of my interpreter training in ASL, But I remembered enough to converse. I made them grilled cheeses, and grilled Rits crackers and peanut butter. They were awesome!

I loved the art on the playa. There was so much to see, and only two eyes! It was the people this year...the wonderful people that made it an excellent year for me.

maladroit, you said everything I wanted to say! Thank you for you story. :D

It was fucking spectacular!
Sometimes I'm confused by what I think is really obvious. But what I think is really obvious obviously isn't obvious.

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Post by Ratty » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:57 pm

Thank YOU Maryanimal. Your taco Tuesday was a smashing success. You put a lot of work into it and it showed in the results. Delicious food and great company. Thank you for doing it.
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah

Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

Return to “Stories”