APOKILIPTIKA- Recritung for 2005

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.
Killbuck
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: Sideshow

APOKILIPTIKA- Recritung for 2005

Post by Killbuck » Sun Nov 14, 2004 6:44 pm

APOKILIPTIKA, and new theme camp for 2005, is currently recruiting for members to join the 2005 Black Rock Campaign.

APOKILIPTIKA- a kamp, a kantina, a katastrophy... "where the world ends every day!" An awkward combination of army surplus chic, post modern-sovietski- neo fascism... yes, everything Don Rumsfeld could dream of, topped off with end of the world science gone mad.

APOKILIPTIKA has its own, currently modest web site in which potential recruits can obtain information: http://www.geocities.com/rx_norman

Based out of the Reno, Tahoe, Carson City area, with ties to the Las Vegas environs, the co_kommanders are throwing the net wide. Camo-up your bikes, and get ready for fun playa combat! ---Kernul Killbuck

CagedKitty

Post by CagedKitty » Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:20 pm

That's a great idea! I'll tell my brother about your camp. He was all prepared for Y2K with night vision goggles and everything, so I consider him an expert on getting ready for the apocalypse. He hasn't been to burningman, but I'm getting him prepared to go next year and that's one of the reasons I thought he would want to go because he never got to live out his fantasy of surviving. That, and he used to be obsessed with fire when we were little.
Where have I been all my life?

Killbuck

Post by Killbuck » Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:53 pm

Excellent. You are not far from our secret operations base, deep in the Sierra Nevada.

I'm sending a private mesage to follow, which will have my contact. I'll have a planning calendar fairly soon for the APOKILIPTIKA wb page.

Stay tuned- Kernul Killbuck
<end of message>

helitack
Burning Since: 2004

Post by helitack » Mon Nov 15, 2004 7:22 pm

What about me Kernul?

Alpha

Post by Alpha » Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:37 pm

Love your location, Helitack! Been there several times, even conceived our first child at Furnace Creek Ranch! Now only if your boss would resign her cabinet position, like the others...

Killbuck

Helitack and Alpha

Post by Killbuck » Mon Nov 15, 2004 8:48 pm

Keep the faith, if you can... gads I know its tough.

Alpha-let me know if you want to be on the group list, and I'll get you on it. Helitack-Keep up efforts on the southern front, as recruiting from the north is promising.

the Kernul[/img]

YerNotDaBossOMe

Post by YerNotDaBossOMe » Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:13 pm

Cool logo! I like the grey with white and black the best.
There...I said it and I'm glad!

Isotopia

Post by Isotopia » Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:32 pm

This feels like fresh air.

Cool concept.

Isotopia

Post by Isotopia » Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:33 pm

BTW, do you have surplus cammo cha-cha heels?

Killbuck

Cammo heels?

Post by Killbuck » Thu Nov 18, 2004 5:03 am

Cammo heels... honey they got em. We will also be needing a couple of mad scientists and of course, lovely scientist assistants too, and varius weapons of mass distraction.

The Kernul

Desert Rose

Post by Desert Rose » Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:58 pm

8) Verrry Inkterestink, Kernul Killbuck. Please PM more intelligence.......DR

Killbuck

Post by Killbuck » Thu Nov 18, 2004 8:11 pm

DR- Private Message coming. Post a note here if you get it

The Kernul <End of Message>

suki

Post by suki » Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:24 pm

I love the end of world. As a teen in the 80's I was promised somesort of world ending event, finally. What is involved in becoming part of your special forces?

Suki
Clown HO

Killbuck

Recruiting

Post by Killbuck » Fri Nov 19, 2004 5:11 am

Suki

If you like, you can send a PM to me and I'll get you on an APOILIPTIKA group list. I expect to have a planning calendar set up in a month ot two.

Also, go to the link I show at the top of the discussion or go to:

http://www.geocities.com/rx_norman

for the humble web page. There's a link to me and to an an info page- (paitience while it downloads) that describes the whole camp concept.

Like any camp, just takes interest, participation and a little spirit. In this case, a quantity of spirits for the Kantina as well. Who knows, maybe we can really get this to take off!!

"Resistance is Useless" -- the Kernul

Isotopia

Post by Isotopia » Fri Nov 19, 2004 8:10 am

Kernul Dahlink,

In your self-pic avatar you're weaing simething that looks like a mule's feed bucket. What the hell is that thing and do they come come in sea foam green with encrusted emeralds.

Killbuck

Post by Killbuck » Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:24 pm

Dahlink-

The helmet is a vintage swiss army steel pot, subtly cammoed and emblazoned with the APOLILIPTIKA logo-- and the dust mask is a sleek little euro number available from Sportsman's Guide... a veritable glam shack of surplus slick sacks. With the activated charcoal color, I recommend white glass sequins.

The Kernul

Killbuck

Post by Killbuck » Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:56 pm

Isotopia

Post by Isotopia » Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:01 pm

the dust mask is a sleek little euro number available from Sportsman's Guide... a veritable glam shack of surplus slick sacks. With the activated charcoal color, I recommend white glass sequins.
<SWOON!!>

Where's my fainting couch?

Tiahaar
Camp Name: Starship Palomino

Post by Tiahaar » Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:48 pm

Kernul Killbuck wrote:Image
Burning Man 2003-19; Desert Carillon, HypnoHorse, Ulaume's Chimes, Iron Native, Black Rock Solar, Portal Collective, Center Camp Café Stage and Sound Tech, 747 Project
Starship Palomino

lothos 1162

2005 camp

Post by lothos 1162 » Thu Nov 25, 2004 6:41 am

Consider hooking up with the Chupacabra Policia.Lothos

tonytohono

Post by tonytohono » Thu Nov 25, 2004 7:19 am

Great stuff Killbuck... echos about the logo.

Looks like it's going to be a fun camp, with a lot of edge.

Mister Jellyfish Mister

Post by Mister Jellyfish Mister » Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:51 pm

At the Kernul's behest:
Art cred: Georgie Boy 2011: www.mutantvehicle.com/georgie_boy.htm ; Ein Hammer 2010; Fluffer 2009; Zsu Zsu 2008; U-Me 2007; Mantis 2006; MiniMan and Pikes Of Paranoia 2005; Time Machine Mutant Vehicle 2004. www.MutantVehicle.com

Mister Orb

Mad Scientists

Post by Mister Orb » Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:27 pm

Herr Kernul!
I'm the anesthesiologist for M*A*S*H 420-7th. Would dearly love to visit your theme camp. Looking for possible double agent action, spy-stuff... Very much into blinky-lights, hypno-gourds, and the like. Mass distraction? Wait, what was that? I thought I saw.... no, couldn't have been. But then again... umm.
DATELINE: June 9th! Salem, OR!
CUSTOMERS FORCED TO WAIT IN LINE AT LOCAL POST OFFICE!
"This was never part of my plan!", exclaims outraged Deity.
Dismayed patrons of the Pringle Park Sation branch of the USPS were confronted with a long line of customers today. "It was awful!" sobbed one distraught woman. "I only wanted one stamp, and the line was out the door!" Service was disrupted for several hours.
When contacted for comment, God said, "This was never part of my plan! It's that little sh*t Mister Orb! Thinks it's funny to hem and haw, telling his whole life story while the line gets longer and longer. Well, I have news for him! And it will be a surprise!"

OW! My spleen! OOOHhhhh.....
Fishbeef- the OTHER meat

the_iconoclast

Re: Mad Scientists

Post by the_iconoclast » Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:06 pm

Mister Orb wrote:Herr Kernul!
I'm the anesthesiologist for M*A*S*H 420-7th. Would dearly love to visit your theme camp. Looking for possible double agent action, spy-stuff... Very much into blinky-lights, hypno-gourds, and the like. Mass distraction? Wait, what was that? I thought I saw.... no, couldn't have been. But then again... umm.
DOuble Agents are especially needed...

Kommisar Iconoclast
G.A.S.P. (Goonsquad-Apokiliptika Secret Police)

Lassen Forge
Location: Where it's always... Wednesday. Don't lose your head over it.

Re: Mad Scientists

Post by Lassen Forge » Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:36 pm

the_iconoclast wrote:
DOuble Agents are especially needed...

Kommisar Iconoclast
G.A.S.P. (Goonsquad-Apokiliptika Secret Police)
Hmmm... I can neither Confirm or Deny that the presence of Double agents will be (or not be) attempting to infiltrate non-allied (or other) Camps in service to The Kamp, however I have it on Authority there will (or will not) be other locations that may (or may not) be available as or used as "Safe houses" for Comrades of the Kamp during infiltration missions, offering various and sundry support 'services' , along with re-"hydration", necessary for completion of missions vital to the Kamp's intrests, and in fulfilllment to and in service to the aims and goals of the Party, and that of certain high-ranking Kamp officials...

Of course, I will deny any knowledge of the above transmission. Further, were I to give more in-depth information, you would have to be terminated. Rather messily. Sorry.

Agent XXX-13, D.R.U.N.K. Detachment
(Despotic Resistance to Unattached Non-allied Kamps)
Somewhere east of The Wall (or north of The Tracks)

Believe not what you hear, or what you see, but that which is which may not be...

Return to “Stories”