Any Live Links for 2016?! Please post them here!

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.
moonrise

Any Live Links for 2016?! Please post them here!

Postby moonrise » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:24 pm

Aloha! Please post any & all live links for the 2016 BIG BURN, here. Thank you! :coffee: :coffee:
I'm the MAN in a truck, burner who is stuck, you're in luck! I'll whip out my BIG tow chain and not charge you, not even one lousy buck!

Canoe

Re: Any Live Links for 2016?! Please post them here!

Postby Canoe » Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:23 pm

Clues are:
No longer showing 2015, but now says "This stream is OFFLINE"

http://www.axs.com/burning-man-2016-liv ... day-105560 says "the desert festival will be streamed online starting this Sunday, Aug. 28, running through Sept. 5"
Video games are giving kids unrealistic expectations on how many swords they can carry.
... but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.

burner von braun
Burning Since: 2010

Postby burner von braun » Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:37 pm

Moon! Good to see you again! I guess you, me, Canoe and several others are having an off playa year this time around.

Professor Pickle has a Camp Envy thread here that he seems to be a good steward of, that will likely have additional active links showing up soon.

viewtopic.php?f=468&t=78065

some seeing eye
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Postby some seeing eye » Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:37 pm

NO, NO, NO!

I am disappointed at this request. The main live link is on the Burning Man website webcam and BMIR.

Burning Man is off the grid for two technical reasons. First, limited microwave links in. Second, limited carrier cell sector capacity.
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion

Canoe

Postby Canoe » Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:46 pm

some seeing eye wrote:I am disappointed at this request. The main live link is on the Burning Man website webcam and BMIR.

Is this the one you would provide? http://burningman.org/event/live-webcast/
That resolved to the link to youtube I gave above.

Where's your disappointment. Since livestreams were available, we've had a thread covering it.
Video games are giving kids unrealistic expectations on how many swords they can carry.
... but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.

some seeing eye
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Postby some seeing eye » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:03 pm

The BMORG has had a cool livestream for several years Mr Canoe mentioned . View it! Yes!

Ad hoc livestreams on other social apps compete with emergency services to communicate with the playa. Entitled to stream = fucking emergency services.

Do not fuck with emergency services. They are there for your survival.
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion

moonrise

Postby moonrise » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:42 pm

Hola! Canoe, BVB, SSE and other "online" campmates...

BMIR (ayup, always fun to listen to). Especially during the BIG BURN!

As I recall Youtube has an awesome, powerful camera, mounted high up but NO live chat. :?

Camp Envy uses Ustream to provide live chat and CE has a live streaming video feed.

Last year, I recall splitting my screen while I watched Youtube & Camp Envy's live streaming video feeds, while chatting live on CE's live chat feature.

Hm, maybe I'll watch on Youtube and use Camp Envy's live chat feature.

On another note: I was there for "Early Burn"...Yeah!! The night was sooo warm and calm (it was warm & calm out at the trash fence) after the after party at Heet, the Utility Districts' bar. We slept for a few hours and caught the Sunrise...

The couple I went to Early Burn with were NOT warm, nor calm. I would've considered returning for a full BIG BURN, but not with those two (life's too short)! :lol:

If anyone is inclined to chat during the BIG BURN, I usually mention my E-playa name in some form or another while in Camp Envy's live chat. Throw me a signal and we can "online" Burn together!

Peace... Moon :P
I'm the MAN in a truck, burner who is stuck, you're in luck! I'll whip out my BIG tow chain and not charge you, not even one lousy buck!

Thecatman
Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: alone

Postby Thecatman » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:25 pm

I hope somebody posts a picture of the 747 art project. I saw it being transported through Nixon two weeks ago.
My cats are cuter than your grandkids!

"Government is not the solution to our problems, government is the problem." Ronald Reagan

Canoe

Postby Canoe » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:54 pm

STREAM IS LIVE FROM THE PLAYA!!!

Both work:

http://burningman.org/event/live-webcast/

Canoe

Postby Canoe » Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:54 pm

Email from friend around 8:56 PM "he tested the audio - no idea how to let him know it worked."

Traveller in Time
Burning Since: 2020
Camp Name: Neon Light Alley (should be: Camp Envy)

Postby Traveller in Time » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:53 am

I liked the humming birds on Ustream :D

3-Rivers.PNG

Streams flowing out of the desert?

Dipping into three streams 24/7 for some days :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dreaming a temporary world improving the default world

Not expressing yourself but embracing all other expressions is The Challenge

...I can make anything I can imagine . . . I just can't make _some_ things happen

Have some Free will

Canoe

Postby Canoe » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:36 pm

Every time I tried the stream this afternoon or this evening, it was either dead or offline.

Canoe

Postby Canoe » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:45 pm

Snapshot around a quarter after 5 on the 31st. From Gerlach and the playa livefeed.
Wind at nearby Blue Mountain is recorded as South West, 10 mph, gusting to 19 mph (SW 10 G 19 MPH).
  • As the wind passes over the broken playa surface of the roads to Gate, and then in BRC, it stirs up a huge amount of dust. In the view from Gerlach, you can see the cloud of dust over BRC.
  • Under the zoom of the livefeed webcam as it pans around BRC, the playa appears like a white out, as it has all of the dusty air for hundred's of feet between the camera and its subject.
  • When the cam zooms back, you can see how you do have some distance you can see to navigate. When the playacam was pointed straight down, it was surprisingly clear for the distance of the height of the tower. I'd guess the visibility to be in the 150' to 200' range, less in gusts. Playa cam shows flags snapping nicely in the wind.
  • The dust is stirred up high enough that the usual trick of looking upwards to see the man (for navigation) likely won't work, and the man is rather short this year anyway.

Just so you Virgins understand: this is NOT bad conditions!!!

In a whiteout you may be able to see twenty feet, sometimes only five.

Canoe

Postby Canoe » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:27 am

Just had sunrise time on the live stream. Nicely zoomed back so you can see more of the playa at one time.
It's also streaming the ambient noise of the BRC playa!

Can't tell if that's some fog in the distance or fine playa dust hanging in the air.

2016-09-03 sunrise.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Canoe

Postby Canoe » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:37 am

And someone panned the camera to better get the sun rising raising the clouds.
Sunrise + 13 minutes

2016-09-03 sunrise +13min.jpg

Canoe

Postby Canoe » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:52 am

People out and about.

Sunrise + 23 minutes.

2016-09-03 sunrise +23min.jpg

Sunrise + 28 minutes.

2016-09-03 sunrise +28min.jpg

Sunrise + 30 minutes and the crews are still working.

2016-09-03 sunrise +30min.jpg

Canoe

Postby Canoe » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:17 pm

Live stream cam getting a cleaning before the Burning of the Man tonight.
Around 4:12pm Saturday.

2016-09-03-16.12 camera gets a cleaning before the Burn.jpg

(man that was hard to grab a screen shot at the right time, even though both were waving at one point...)

Canoe

Postby Canoe » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:24 pm

2016-09-03-16.19 their lift heading out.jpg

And at 4:19pm I'm guessing this is them heading out onto the playa?
Rain clouds to the South East and East visible on the far side of the playa. Air mass moving away from BRC to the East.

Canoe

Postby Canoe » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:48 pm

We had some light rain go through.
Looks like it was light enough to work as dust control. Lots still moving around with no visible difficulties.
Still two tiny spots of light rain upwind on radar, but those images lag, that may or may not miss BRC.
Nothing else showing upwind, but that rain hadn't appeared up wind, it just started falling just before Gerlach & Empire as the air mass moved East.

6:42 PM

2016-09-03 6.42pm movement after light rain.jpg
Last edited by Canoe on Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Canoe

Postby Canoe » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:50 pm

and then the sun at 6:48 PM

2016-09-03 6.48pm movement after light rain, with sun.jpg

Canoe

Postby Canoe » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:11 pm

9:10 PM

2016-09-03 9.10pm.jpg

anyone coming in late, here's the link again www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi8_CLY3fAo

Canoe

Postby Canoe » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:34 pm

9:24
El Pulpo Mechanico is looking impressive when it's throwing fire, but there's something immediately in line to its right that occasionally throws up even more!

2016-09-03 9.24pm.jpg

Canoe

Postby Canoe » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:05 pm

2016-09-03 10.04pm.jpg

Canoe

Postby Canoe » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:19 pm

2016-09-03 10.17.pm.jpg

At least it didn't try to roll away...

Canoe

Postby Canoe » Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:33 am

Live stream is down.
Looks like we don't get to see the sunrise on the morning after.
Can't see who's cooking breakfast or popcorn on the coals. :D

Canoe

Postby Canoe » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:09 am

9:07 AM

2016-09-04 9.07am.jpg

moonrise

Postby moonrise » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:08 pm

Thanks canoe...great screen shots!

The man cleaning the cam dome is motorbikematt (I believe). I don't know who the woman is.
Thanks MBM and woman helper!

I found Camp Envy and the Gerlach Camera. Camp Envy Rocks! Props to BMIR, too!

Does anyone know if Media Mecca also had live streaming video and/or live chat?

Canoe wrote:Live stream cam getting a cleaning before the Burning of the Man tonight.
Around 4:12pm Saturday.

2016-09-03-16.12 camera gets a cleaning before the Burn.jpg

(man that was hard to grab a screen shot at the right time, even though both were waving at one point...)

Return to “Stories”