The 2016 BRC Census Survey is Now Online!

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.
brc_census
Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Black Rock City Census

The 2016 BRC Census Survey is Now Online!

Postby brc_census » Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:02 pm

Did you attend Burning Man 2016? Are you still washing the dust off? If so, BRC Census would like to invite you to take a break from your unpacking to fill out our annual online survey at http://census.burningman.org so that we can include your data in our 2016 reports.

For more information about our methods, including a description of how we combine the results from our online survey with the results from the random sample we conducted on-playa, check out http://journal.burningman.org/2016/02/black-rock-city/participate-in-brc/burners-meet-black-rock-city-census/ for a detailed description.

Finally, if you are one of the phenomenal volunteers who contributed to BRC Census' projects on-playa this year, thank you!!! We couldn't make this happen without your help and participation. This was a fantastic year, thanks to all of you who were out there making it happen! And if you haven't heard of BRC Census before and you're curious about how to get involved, check out http://burningman.org/event/volunteering/teams/census/ for information about who we are and how to volunteer.

- The BRC Census Team

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Re: The 2016 BRC Census Survey is Now Online!

Postby Ratty » Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:47 pm

I volunteered pre-event and it was great. Such a well organized department. I loved working for Census and I'll do it again next year. No click of core members to infiltrate. No politics or surprises. Everyone was helpful and patient with the new recruits. Standing in traffic was fun and safe. The participants were excited to be part of the Census. I give BRC Census an A+ for training. Thank YOU for a great volunteer opportunity. See you next year.
Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote
I a recovering swagaholic I have to resist my grabby nature VultureChow
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah
We're out there to play like adults with no adult supervision CaptG

brc_census
Burning Since: 2002

Postby brc_census » Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:44 pm

Ratty wrote:Thank YOU for a great volunteer opportunity. See you next year.

Thanks Ratty, we loved having you on the team and hope to see you next year, or even sooner at one of the work sessions at BMHQ!

- DV8

Picky
Burning Since: 2013

Postby Picky » Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:38 pm

Just a bump, since the survey is only open for a few more days (closes October 15th).

Reminder that the survey is voluntary and confidential, and you are allowed to skip any questions you like - as long as you make it to the end and hit "submit," the answers you did choose to give will be recorded. One of our favorite lines is - Some data is better than no data!

If you are on the fence about participating, see today's Journal entry about why you (yes, YOU!) matter in the Census data-gathering and dissemination process.

Return to “Stories”