Decompression - Southern Style....

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.
Meat Hunter
Burning Since: 2014

Decompression - Southern Style....

Post by Meat Hunter » Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:19 pm

Decompression - Southern Style or how I know for sure that fall is just around the corner.

A few weeks after the Burn I always go way the hell back in my woods and visit my ancient and spindly old Buckeye tree that has somehow grown and survived amongst my ageless oak trees. It is about this time of the year that the tree begins to drop its big nuts.

I went back a few moments ago to check on the tree and I saw several Buckeyes laying on the leaves underneath the tree. I gave the tree a healthy shake and holy crapola -- evidently they were ready to fall because I was bombarded with a honest-to-goodness hailstorm of walnut-size Buckeyes. It was Buckeyes that I strung and used to make my playa gifts for 2015. By the end of the season, I should have several hundred collected this year (plus several hundred remaining from previous years) and it might be time to re-issue my 2015 Buckeye gifts for 2017.

For good luck, it is a custom down this way to carry a Buckeye in ones pocket and when needed, give it a brisk rub.

I am just a little south of the normal growing range for Buckeyes, but every now and then one can run across a Buckeye tree down here in Mississippi.

Jackass

Re: Decompression - Southern Style....

Post by Jackass » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:23 pm

Where's the part where you burn and blow shit up?...
Sooner or later, it will get real strange...

11th Principle: Depussyfication - Keeping Burning Man potentially lethal. Token

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Re: Decompression - Southern Style....

Post by trilobyte » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:13 am

I'm giving this a nudge over to the Stories board, since I think that's a better fit.

Return to “Stories”