Monkey Hut in HIGH WINDS...looking for videos

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.
krly
Burning Since: 2018

Monkey Hut in HIGH WINDS...looking for videos

Postby krly » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:59 pm

Does anyone have any links to videos showing monkey huts in high winds ? Please and Thank You .
Krly

Drawingablank
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Re: Monkey Hut in HIGH WINDS...looking for videos

Postby Drawingablank » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:17 am

I'm sure there are some out there, but I can't think of any. Generally most of the high wind videos are of disasters - not durable stuff like monkey huts.
Savannah: I don't know what it is, but no thread here escapes alive. You'll get 1 or 2 real answers at minimum, occasionally 10 or 12, and then we flog it until it's unrecognizable and you can't get your deposit back.

Yet Another Crappy Birgin Guide

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Re: Monkey Hut in HIGH WINDS...looking for videos

Postby trilobyte » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:17 am

I've moved this over to the Stories board, since that's a better fit for threads about pics or videos from the event.

Hopefully you find something that fits the bill. Rough weather shots can be hard to get, since when the winds are high people are usually more pre-occupied with securing camps and structures. Even when everything's battened down, a dust storm is an especially harsh environment for a camera. My camp is pretty rugged, and I only got one decent clip of it in a dust storm in 2015 (we didn't have any yurts, though).

Return to “Stories”