Green Tortoise

Share your pictures and video. Tell us about the sights, sounds, and scents, as well as the rumors and truths found at Burning Man.
HEADBANDMAN

Green Tortoise

Post by HEADBANDMAN » Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:10 am

:?: Who has taken the Green Tortoise to BM and how was it? I was thinking it would be a good way to get there with out a car.

Flea

Post by Flea » Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:30 am

Ive been told by two people on here that it is a great experiance!!! I was going to take the Seattle one but I found a camp and decided to make the drive since I love driving anyway..

julie_c

Great way...

Post by julie_c » Thu Jun 09, 2005 8:26 pm

to get to BM, especially if it's your 1st, they take good care of you, got some really cool peeps on board, and expect some great eats...go with em!

Coastburner

Post by Coastburner » Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:41 pm

Hey Headbandman -- I've taken the tortoise twice and plan to go up again this year. The first year, I didn't know anyone and now I have friends from all over the world. It's a great way to meet people that have been to burning man before as well as virgins to B-man. I can't say enough about the Tortoise staff as they are great people that you'll remember for years to come as well. Give it a shot as they provide the food -- you just need to help cook, clean or prepare the food each meal and the water as well.

Check it out.

kampkalamazoo

Post by kampkalamazoo » Sun Jun 12, 2005 5:14 am

And the shuttle to Gerlach/Empire is a great little excursion as well. Bring treats to pass on the trip!
Robotland's Alter Ego

Return to “Stories”