attn: mass burners

Exchange camp ideas, find places to perform, announce your events, etc.
jenrocks

attn: mass burners

Post by jenrocks » Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:22 pm

hey, we have a BABY GRAND piano that we want to burn!!!! but she's in massachussettsesss. and we're in san francisco! we'll pay for a trailor or if you own one or got some room we'd be stoked!!!!!!!!!!!
we'll get you drunk!
includes one free piano burning lesson!
onelove@backpacker.com
ask for hooka hookhand dave

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:19 pm

okay, i'm probably going to get eaten alive--but what about the paint and glues and other things in the piano. Can this really burn cleanly?
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Badger

Post by Badger » Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:58 pm

Not to mention the 200lb steel frame and the metal strings. Made plans to ship that back to Mass?
Desert dogs drink deep.

Kinetic IV

Post by Kinetic IV » Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:21 pm

Has anyone thought of creating an award for the "worst playa idea" yet? I believe this one would be a great nominee. Perhaps something on the order of the Darwin Awards for the playa...yeah that might work.
K-IV
~~~~
Thank you for over 7 years of eplaya memories. I have asked Emily Sparkle to delete my account and I am gone. Goodbye and Goodluck to all of you! I will miss you!

Cabanasprings

Post by Cabanasprings » Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:26 pm

Gosh it wasn't such a bad idea back in 96.

Kinetic IV

Post by Kinetic IV » Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:35 pm

Have you ever burned a baby grand? I have. Twice. One of my best friends owns a piano repair shop in St. Louis and I've been right there when 2 were intentionally set on fire and allowed to burn to the ground. It definitely leaves a mess. But it was a lot of fun I will admit.

Also back in 96 I betcha the people that cleaned it up didn't have to haul it that far to get rid of it either.
K-IV
~~~~
Thank you for over 7 years of eplaya memories. I have asked Emily Sparkle to delete my account and I am gone. Goodbye and Goodluck to all of you! I will miss you!

unjonharley
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Elliot's naked bycycel repair

Post by unjonharley » Sat Aug 20, 2005 1:58 pm

There are about 6 screws to take the main metal out. Some times just a couple of knobs. Unless your going to play the thing at BM.
I'm the contraptioneer your mother warned you about.

jenrocks

Post by jenrocks » Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:29 pm

you all are reatards!!!!!!! have you ever thought that rules are ment to be broken? the basis of burning man was to create an environment where rules and regulations did NOT exist!!! freaks!!!! nowadays there are tooooo many rules that "reign" us in. but none the fact..... can you bring it or not? that is the question. all other responses will be taken as though you are bored and lame.
thanks.

Mister Jellyfish Mister

Post by Mister Jellyfish Mister » Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:02 pm

jenrocks wrote:you all are reatards!!!!!!! have you ever thought that rules are ment to be broken? the basis of burning man was to create an environment where rules and regulations did NOT exist!!! freaks!!!! nowadays there are tooooo many rules that "reign" us in. but none the fact..... can you bring it or not? that is the question. all other responses will be taken as though you are bored and lame.
thanks.
Hi Jen. If you think Burning Man is about breaking rules, you've got some reading to do. I see this is your second post. Welcome to you as a new Burner, and don't let your enthusiasm overide your sense of fair play so that others can discuss good ideas and work out solutions as a group, especially when it comes to our Leave No Trace policy, or shall I say "rule".

I honor your right to be heard here, but remember that a new feature of this board is the "ignore" button.

Respectfully,

-Jellyfish
Art cred: Georgie Boy 2011: www.mutantvehicle.com/georgie_boy.htm ; Ein Hammer 2010; Fluffer 2009; Zsu Zsu 2008; U-Me 2007; Mantis 2006; MiniMan and Pikes Of Paranoia 2005; Time Machine Mutant Vehicle 2004. www.MutantVehicle.com

ZaphodBurner
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: The Green Hour 2012 - 9:00 & D

Post by ZaphodBurner » Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:56 am

jenrocks wrote:you all are reatards!!!!!!! have you ever thought that rules are ment to be broken? the basis of burning man was to create an environment where rules and regulations did NOT exist!!!
Hey, Jen. Here's a suggestion:

Why don't you hang out after Burning Man and clean up the mess? OR, provide the food and water for those that will. OR, volunteer to pay the BLM fines if there's anything left behind.

Or, perhaps, you can simply keep your mouth shut and your eyes open. "Rules are meant to be broken" is the mantra for everybody asshat out there who shits on the playa, leaves their trash for somebody else to clean up (which is exactly what you're suggesting), throws inappropriate objects in the latrines and does everything else that threatens the survival of what thousands of people have obviously worked much harder than you to create.

-c
"reatard." LOL!
"The Red Baron is smart.. He never spends the whole night dancing and drinking root beer.. "-The WWI Flying Ace

iamatoilet

Post by iamatoilet » Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:40 pm

guys, you don't need to jump down her throat (that's for later) - maybe she did have a great plan for cleaning it all up. I've seen lots of things go up in flames at BM that make burning a grand piano seem pretty tame. All i'm saying is give people the benefit of the doubt before coming down so hard on them...
i've got no money, i've got no food...my pets heads are falling off...

Return to “2005 Art & Performance”