APOKILIPTIKA- "The Art behind the Theme"

Exchange camp ideas, find places to perform, announce your events, etc.

APOKILIPTIKA- "The Art behind the Theme"

Postby Killbuck » Tue Dec 28, 2004 8:37 pm

APOKILIPTIKA- "The Art behind the Theme":

APOKILIPTIKA is based on the premise that it is always, just always-- the moment before everything ends, and all the fools who help us along... or those who successfully cope by rolling with it are there. It is satire with a purpose. In these times, it seems like the old fears of nuclear oblivion have been replaced with something a bit more "uncomfortable."

This is our chance to express our new visions of the end times... straight from our id.. our subconcious minds. In envisioning this, I see a collection of tribes gathering up the fragments of the world that remains. An overall end times soldier of fotune feel, of individualistic warriors, mixed with mad scientists (complete with their lovely mad assistants), maniac robots and manesfestations of technology run amok. No, not the typical Mad Max feel, but something more like a Don Rumsfeld wet dream, or a tribal future in camo.

Fearful weaponry abounds, with missles, machine guns, blasters and particle weapons poised menacingly around the camp (not really of destructive force, but looking oh so real).

As in all truly tribal societies, there is no true leader or control- but rather a cultural norm that all know and all rely upon. Kaos is quite acceptable.

The visuals of propoganda posters are compelling. It is hoped that each participant will create a propoganda poster that will be diplayed in the Kantina- something that expresses the nature of their message of APOKILIPTIKA. If this is a successful early effort, we may be able to encorporate these into an art installation.

"Gads, I have nothing to wear" Fear not...

What ever shall I assemble? This should not be too difficult when the theme is accepted. The best advantage is in the relative cheapness of the raw materials. A simple assemblage of old beat up army uniform components and gear, with a bit of tribal flare will give the requisite effect.

Mad scientists will have good direction from popular culture, while maniac robots and other end times manfestations may take some time to flesh out- paticularly for the Regis Philbin impersonators.

Be it intimidating, sexy, scary, silly, mechanistic or artistic... We leave it to you.

A group effort...

This is fundementally a collaboration- and one which hopes to use the talents, ideas and imaginations of the participants to generate it's own creative energy. Like all collaborations, each brings the talents, skills and material together with little more than a common idea.

The camp and the Kantina will need physical things, and these needs will be outined soon. But without too much direction, give your thoughts the freedom to move... and gather, build, make create and conceive what you will. We will get the must-haves together later.

Go forth and do creative things.

"What's with the Kantina?"

Ok, it's a bar. Much is made by the so-called all knowing non burner outside observers that Burning Man is a "Drug Festival", yet the veteran will attest to the dominance of good old booze. In keeping with the norm, the Kantina Apokiliptika will offer willing and legal customers libation during afternoon and evening hours. Surrounded by neo-sovietsky- later day fascismo atmosphere, the lantern and flame lit interior will offer the finest playa-lounging style with simple yet inviting beverages to the combat weary warrior.

So, what is next?

Well, to a large degree, that is up to you... at least for now. Put the imagination in gear and get going, and then share these with the others, and with the Kernul at: 4doobers@pyramid.net.

It is hoped that by the spring or so of 2005, a meeting can be arranged- likely around the Tahoe- Sierra west slope area to get a face to face. Perhaps a camp? No matter, it will develop as needed.

The most important and most powerful ingredient is your imagination, creativity and artistic spirit. Burning Man is- at the soul, an artistic powerhouse, that can, and has changed people and communities-- and for some of us, it has changed our lives. It has changed mine.

Go forth and do amazing things.

--The Kenul
http://www.geocities.com/rx_norman
Killbuck

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: Sideshow

Postby geekster » Wed Dec 29, 2004 3:00 am

I want you on notice that at some point during the event your camp WILL be infiltrated and you could quite possibly be taken prisoner.
Pabst Blue Ribbon - The beer that made Gerlach famous.
geekster

A warning

Postby Killbuck » Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:29 am

As I noted in the posts about people wandering through camps, there will be at least two armed Amazons, ready to address interlopers, and to do with them as they please.

However, this is turning out to be less of a deterant than I anticipated, as I have some messages asking for reservations.

The Kernul
Killbuck

Postby Alex_uk » Sun Jan 02, 2005 2:12 am

this osunds like a great camp, very different
Alex_uk

Postby Killbuck » Sun Jan 02, 2005 9:17 am

Alex- Got your pm- will reply soon. Meanwhile, send a blank email to my regular email address: 4doobers@pyramid.net and you'll be added to the email list for dispatches.

The Kernul
SIDESHOW: Carnival of Smoke and Mirrors 2015 is looking for drop-in performers!! Do you have a freaky talent, skill or characteristic? Do you lay on a bed of nails, or swallow swords? PM me if interested.
Killbuck

Postby saint_al » Sun Jan 02, 2005 9:50 am

Sounds ambitious, best of luck. (pause)
Is there a drug festival nearby?
"New Dawn Fades" feeds me.
saint_al

Location: Carterville, Illinois (Our anagram: ILL EVIL IN SOIL CRATER)

Postby Killbuck » Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:37 pm

A drug fest? Hey, they'll be easy to find I'm sure.

Bonzo Dog Band: "All we are saying, is give booze a chance"

The Kernul
SIDESHOW: Carnival of Smoke and Mirrors 2015 is looking for drop-in performers!! Do you have a freaky talent, skill or characteristic? Do you lay on a bed of nails, or swallow swords? PM me if interested.
Killbuck

Postby Killbuck » Sun Jan 02, 2005 2:25 pm

Killbuck

Postby Killbuck » Sun Jan 02, 2005 2:27 pm

Killbuck

Postby Killbuck » Sun Jan 02, 2005 2:28 pm

Killbuck

Postby Mister Jellyfish Mister » Sun Jan 02, 2005 7:13 pm

Lookin' good Kernul! All hail the Gargoyle Gang!
Art cred: Georgie Boy 2011: www.mutantvehicle.com/georgie_boy.htm ; Ein Hammer 2010; Fluffer 2009; Zsu Zsu 2008; U-Me 2007; Mantis 2006; MiniMan and Pikes Of Paranoia 2005; Time Machine Mutant Vehicle 2004. www.MutantVehicle.com
Mister Jellyfish Mister

Postby Das Bus » Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:10 am

Hey Kernal:

You're from Vegas, right? When you're ready to build stuff, my hubby works in Vegas, has lots of tools and a shop, and loves working on all kinds of projects. If you need help, email me at DasBus@webtv.net. : )
Medicated and Motivated!
Das Bus

Postby Killbuck » Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:07 am

Got your note- Look for a message to your e mail.

The Kernul
Killbuck

Postby helitack » Sat Jan 15, 2005 7:08 am

Kernul you have outdone yerself on these! Yeeoooowww!

http://www.geocities.com/rx_norman/inte ... sters.html
helitack

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Apokiliptika

Full poster collection

Postby Mister Jellyfish Mister » Sat Jan 15, 2005 8:35 am

helitack wrote:Kernul you have outdone yerself on these! Yeeoooowww!

http://www.geocities.com/rx_norman/inte ... sters.html

As another degrading task, the evil Kernul has me hosting his FULL COLLECTION of propoganda posters:
http://www.mutantvehicle.com/apokiliptika.htm

What's next, writing speeches?

One of his lovelies for the Interrogation Squad just covered me in chocolate and rolled me in shredded coconut. Resistance is useless.
Art cred: Georgie Boy 2011: www.mutantvehicle.com/georgie_boy.htm ; Ein Hammer 2010; Fluffer 2009; Zsu Zsu 2008; U-Me 2007; Mantis 2006; MiniMan and Pikes Of Paranoia 2005; Time Machine Mutant Vehicle 2004. www.MutantVehicle.com
Mister Jellyfish Mister

Postby Alex_uk » Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:01 am

haha i was playing around writing propoganda speeches the other day...its alot harder than you might think, couldnt get it quite right
Alex_uk

Postby Killbuck » Sat Jan 15, 2005 11:27 pm

Hey, just take the recent GW Bush interview transcript from the Barbara Walters interview, and read that.

You know, I never felt like being a radical before... but it's happening.

(A muffled noise is hard in the background... a scream, a slap, and a woman's voice echoes "shut up maggot!!")
The Kernul
Killbuck

Postby Alex_uk » Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:39 am

although you die...la resistance lives on
Alex_uk

Postby lothos 1162 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:45 pm

kernul if our kamp is infiltrated,if/and when we catch em,can me and Helitac preform "medical"experiments on them.Lothos(aka Andy,Medic 5)
lothos 1162

Postby helitack » Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:08 pm

lothos 1162 wrote:kernul if our kamp is infiltrated,if/and when we catch em,can me and Helitac preform "medical"experiments on them.Lothos(aka Andy,Medic 5)

We're luring them in Bruddah, so we can fuck with their imperialist republican fascist excuses for minds.
helitack

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Apokiliptika

Postby Killbuck » Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:43 am

Killbuck

Postby BadDawg » Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:32 pm

I see by his last post the Kernul is replicating
more lovelys for his interogation squad :twisted:
BadDawg

Postby Killbuck » Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:19 am

Mere replicants are twisted by nature, and are limited in programming. They serve certain purposes, but animate ladies are more effective.

It will take training to make REAL interrogators!
Killbuck

Postby Killbuck » Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:20 am

Mere replicants are twisted by nature, and are limited in programming. They serve certain purposes, but animate ladies are more effective.

It will take training to make REAL interrogators!
Killbuck

You'll shoot your eye out, kid!

Postby Mister Jellyfish Mister » Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:46 am

Greetings, Kernul. Have you given any more thought to the laser fencing? I found a bunch of mirror squares they use to make disco balls in my garage. All we need are a bunch of little pivots for the stakes and maybe a good green laser pointer that is not too many milliwatts... "You'll shoot you're eye out, kid!"
Mister Jellyfish Mister

Return to 2005 Art & Performance