Call for DJs??

Exchange camp ideas, find places to perform, announce your events, etc.
jadewombat
Burning Since: 2000

Call for DJs??

Post by jadewombat » Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:12 am

I spin Drum n' Bass and tribal house, I haven't seen many camps posting a call for DJs here this year. Anyone know of some camps I could send a demo CD to to get a spot lined up for this year?? Much thanks.

blakeoleus

Post by blakeoleus » Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:34 am

We're looking for the same thing...we might just end up bringing our own equipment and spinning there ourselves.

I also spin house, D&B, and psytrance. If we bring our equipment it would be cool to hear some other people spin on it =P It will probably be easier for us to start our own camp than find another camp to set up in from what I have found (this is my first burning man BTW)

Blake

mo_corleone

Post by mo_corleone » Wed May 11, 2005 1:16 pm

there aren't many open calls for DJs because there is no shortage of same on the playa. my camp last year was only between 30 and 40 people, and even then we probably had nearly 10 DJs on hand.

with that said, we are planning to bring in some outside talent this year for a couple of select events, so send me a PM if you'd like to mail a demo.

FYI: our setup will only accomodate vinyl-based DJs.

our camp actually has a weekly radio show online if you'd like to get a feel for the styles we're into: http://radio.wantit.org

many other styles will be welcomed as well.

best of luck, and please be realistic about the number of people who are going to freak out and want to hump your leg because you can spin records.

8)
~ erratically self-sufficient ~

BigWilly777

i wouls love to play!!!!!

Post by BigWilly777 » Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:41 pm

i am so excited to be playing at bm this year. more so, i am excited to even be getting to go to the wondeful celebration in itself.

but on the musical side, if anyone needs me or wants a demo please let me know.
my friends are bringing a large sound camp from sf, swat sound, should be banging and lots of fun. see you soon

stuart

Post by stuart » Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:59 pm

there is, however, a shortage of bad ass take no prisoners house DJs like Mo. Thankfully the rumor is that she will play my camp this year.
call me baby

blyslv

Post by blyslv » Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:02 pm

"please be realistic about the number of people who are going to freak out and want to hump your leg because you can spin records."

That's very funny, thank you.
Fight for the fifth freedom!

BigWilly777

i play house, deep funky house too

Post by BigWilly777 » Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:28 pm

so i am down to play, want a house demo? i play every sat in reno at a house club, so i play lots of house. but i love tribal house n tekhouse funky breaks in the mix as well here n there.

so please let me know, i am wanting to play badly. thinking i will go to every sound camp and offer my services once there. never know right?

mo_corleone

Post by mo_corleone » Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:07 pm

stuart wrote:there is, however, a shortage of bad ass take no prisoners house DJs like Mo. Thankfully the rumor is that she will play my camp this year.
yay stuart! i saw your old campmates recently at a benefit party, and yes, things are in the works for a spot on your camp's decks this year. i miss you!

bigwilly777: i'd love to hear a demo. we like all sorts of house, breaks, and plenty of other genres as well. if your genre doesn't end in "-core", you're probably going to be welcomed by camp want it with open arms.

actually some of them even like the rough stuff, but too bad :twisted:

at any rate, send me a PM and i'll give you an address to send a demo to.

that goes for all of you DJ darlings, even the whiney ones.
~ erratically self-sufficient ~

Sandwichman
Burning Since: 2004

Post by Sandwichman » Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:13 pm

stuart wrote:there is, however, a shortage of bad ass take no prisoners house DJs like Mo. Thankfully the rumor is that she will play my camp this year.
Maybe this year I will find my way over and beg for a spot. Last year I was supposed to stop by but never happened.
oonsa oonsa for your feets [url=http://www.djjasonphilips.com/mixes/mixes_files/La_musica_que_no_tacara_usted_quiere_que_tio_corte.mp3]click here[/url]

Driveway

Now...

Post by Driveway » Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:18 am

BigWilly...please define the qulifier "Funky" as it relates to these "breaks".
What is Driveway's Game?

stuart

Post by stuart » Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:32 am

funky: swung upbeat eigth notes with heavily syncopated melodic basslines. De-emphasize sixteenth note sequences in order to let the quarters breathe more.
call me baby

stuart

Post by stuart » Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:34 am

Last year I was supposed to stop by but never happened.
I know it seems odd but the crowd seemed to prefer the DJs who showed. Anyway, the camp is a much larger entity this year and I am not in charge of scheduling acts save for the proposed 'hi!' reunion night.
call me baby

whoolee

Post by whoolee » Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:23 pm

anyone have any contact for the Thunderdome? or any camp that would be interested in a hardcore techno/gabber DJ?

The Bass

Post by The Bass » Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:10 pm

stuart wrote:funky: swung upbeat eigth notes with heavily syncopated melodic basslines. De-emphasize sixteenth note sequences in order to let the quarters breathe more.
this rules

SingleLostSock

Got the spins...................

Post by SingleLostSock » Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:42 am

Yeah, Yeah I'm another DJ looking for a spot to play. This year DJing wil l
be my only chance to participate, as I am currently in Iraq and have not had any time to prepare my participation.

I'm just going to bring my tunes and see what happens!

Return to “2005 Art & Performance”