Military helmets

Materials and expertise...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let folks know here.
MikeVDS
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Tiki Fuckos

Military helmets

Post by MikeVDS » Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:22 pm

Here is an auction for a shit load of helmets. I thought someone might like them.

http://cgi.govliquidation.com/auction/v ... oryId=1004

Blackbird

Post by Blackbird » Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:29 pm

that sounds awesome...but that site is confusing.

MikeVDS

Post by MikeVDS » Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:25 am

It is a bit confusing. I've bid on there for a few things before but never got anything. Seems like it's worth peeking through. Someone got 1000's of cargo parachutes about a month ago for $400. We would have bid more but there was probably more than 1 semi-truck load and so we factored that into the cost. And we weren't sure of the condition since they were kept outdoors in the rain.

Toolmaker

Post by Toolmaker » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:32 am

Already have my kevlar PASGT but thanks anyway :)
This account has been closed as demanded by Wedeliver.

lapeer20m

Post by lapeer20m » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:31 pm

i didn't know pasgt came in kevlar!

if you really have a pair, be careful playing with them. You're body might not like the change in blood pressure.

Toolmaker

Post by Toolmaker » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:02 pm

lapeer20m wrote:i didn't know pasgt came in kevlar!
Since the early 80s.. you can grab used ones off of ebay for about 30-40 bucks. If you need or could use 100+ helmets than the govt. lot auction is for you.. up to 400 bucks for a lot.

PS The plastic "training" ones do NOT stop bullets! :)

MikeVDS

Post by MikeVDS » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:22 pm

There was an auction for a bunch of canvas that I missed in san diego. No one bid so I could have had it for $50

dragonfly Jafe

Post by dragonfly Jafe » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:03 am

Toolmaker wrote:
Since the early 80s.. you can grab used ones off of ebay for about 30-40 bucks. If you need or could use 100+ helmets than the govt. lot auction is for you.. up to 400 bucks for a lot.

I believe the term PASGT is being interpreted as "pneumatic anti-shock garment trousers", a set of rubber pants with built in hand pumps for the legs and abdomen. The usage is for patients going into shock, the trousers are pressurized to "squeeze" the blood from the "useless" legs into the body core where it might help save the patient. The danger is that if the pressure is released before multiple large bore IV's are hooked up w/ lots of blood ready, the patient will likely die on the spot when there is a sudden drop in blood pressure (as the blood rushes back into the legs). We used them in SAR for leg splints now and then (never had a trauma patient where it was indicated)
Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

Toolmaker

Post by Toolmaker » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:05 am

dragonfly Jafe wrote:
Toolmaker wrote:

I believe the term PASGT is being interpreted as "pneumatic anti-shock garment trousers", a set of rubber pants with built in hand pumps for the legs and abdomen. The usage is for patients going into shock, the trousers are pressurized to "squeeze" the blood from the "useless" legs into the body core where it might help save the patient. The danger is that if the pressure is released before multiple large bore IV's are hooked up w/ lots of blood ready, the patient will likely die on the spot when there is a sudden drop in blood pressure (as the blood rushes back into the legs). We used them in SAR for leg splints now and then (never had a trauma patient where it was indicated)
IC.. ya learn something new everyday.. I was refering to the personnel armor system for ground troops PASGT. This is a helmet thread afterall ;) Now I gotta go look for a picture of those pants.

PS found the pants.. just called PASG for those interested.. the T must have been dropped at some time to avoid redundancy.. ie garment and trouser together.

Return to “2011 Share Resources”