Need car alarm for cute pedal car

Materials and expertise...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let folks know here.
Ben74

Need car alarm for cute pedal car

Post by Ben74 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:12 pm

hi gang! my girlfriend and i are building a pedal powered car made out of a child's race car bed. it's gonna be pretty cute! we thought it would be fun if we had a car alarm for it, so that when we got out, we could click the remote, and it would chirp like it's armed. we would disable the actual alarm though, so as not to annoy anyone in case it goes off while we're not around. does anyone have a spare car alarm lying around? it doesn't have to work properly. it just has to have a remote, and chirp when you press the button. i am willing to pay a modest sum for it, or would also like advice on where to get one cheap, preferably in SF. thanks!

Teo del Fuego
Burning Since: 2005

Re: Need car alarm for cute pedal car

Post by Teo del Fuego » Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:34 pm

Ben74 wrote: we would disable the actual alarm though, so as not to annoy anyone in case it goes off
Well, I'll just put down this big ole rock now...

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:45 pm

Teo del Fuego wrote:
Ben74 wrote: we would disable the actual alarm though, so as not to annoy anyone in case it goes off
Well, I'll just put down this big ole rock now...
Naw, pick up the rock and pay my neighbor a visit, his car alarms daily.

EB
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: Camp Asterix (3:45 and B in 2019)

Post by EB » Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:14 pm

Ben74 wrote: so that when we got out, we could click the remote, and it would chirp like it's armed.
Very clever!

Wondering if there's a cheaper way to get the same effect. Have the "chirp" sound recorded as an MP3 then play it remotely. That way you don't have to hook up the alarm.

Either way, it's hilarious.
Irony. You're soaking in it.

frenchblue1

Post by frenchblue1 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:25 am

you can purchase the style that has area sensors for about 40 bucks and it would be activated when someone came to close to the vehicle telling them to stay back. Disconnect the siren but you would have the chirp and additional effect of the surprise of the area sensors.

Return to “2011 Share Resources”