Need a place to store an art car/bus in RENO

Materials and expertise...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let folks know here.
White Rabbit

Need a place to store an art car/bus in RENO

Post by White Rabbit » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:00 am

My place in reno to store my art car fell thru and we need to find a place to move it to in the reno area it is on 2nd close to the river. Some technical difficulties make it limited to its range. Must be in or very near reno. Any help will be appreciated.

thinfilmguy

Post by thinfilmguy » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:32 am

Hey White Rabbit,

What the scoop? Are you still looking for a place to store the car? I'm south in Gardnerville and have a couple of acres so might be able to help. What are you trying to store?

Jim
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

White Rabbit

Thanx

Post by White Rabbit » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:42 am

it is a bus 40' long and 10' wide and 12' tall. Painted like alice in wonderland and covered in playa dust! we really need to move it.
Let me know;)

thinfilmguy

Post by thinfilmguy » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:53 am

Holy shit! My barn is 20x40 so it might be hard to "hide"! The neighbors will know for sure that I'm a burner...

I was in the camp with the KazBus - the one that looks like a persian castle - london double-deck with a dance floor on top, lots of flags. They are a GREAT way to do burning man.

Let me discuss it my wife as it isnt something I can just park. Does it need power or anything to make it throught the winter?

Can you send a pic - that would be great? What camp are you with?

Jim
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

thinfilmguy

Post by thinfilmguy » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:08 am

White Rabbit,

Are you sure it's 10 feet wide - legal limit is 8.5' - I think. If it is a normal bus, I found a 40-42' motorhome cover on ebay for $130 and that would keep it looking civilized - and a bit cleaner.

Jim

ibdave
Burning Since: 1998

Post by ibdave » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:08 pm

thinfilmguy wrote:White Rabbit,

Are you sure it's 10 feet wide - legal limit is 8.5' - I think. If it is a normal bus, I found a 40-42' motorhome cover on ebay for $130 and that would keep it looking civilized - and a bit cleaner.

Jim
Jim, Your one hell of a nice guy.... 8) 8) 8)
I was Born OK the 1st Time....

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg

thinfilmguy

Post by thinfilmguy » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:32 pm

ibdave,

Hey, if I can help and it doesn't cause me any grief, no big deal. I don't know these guys or what the bus looks like and need to decide if it is too much - really don't want an abandoned 40 bus in my yard! On the other hand, if it is a decent rig and the guys seem responsible, I might have a new piece of art in my yard! Actually it will be hidden (as much as one can hide a 40 foot bus).

do you know the camp by any chance?

Jim

Return to “2011 Share Resources”