wanted to buy van

Materials and expertise...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let folks know here.
obie1

wanted to buy van

Post by obie1 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:27 pm

hi all just wondering if anyone could point me in the right drection a wanted to buy a cheep van to travel to burning man and beyond i am willing to pay upto $1500 for a good van... fit out would be good if not thats fine can do it myself so any help would be great cant wait for my first burning man
peace&light nicky

SonOfUgly

Post by SonOfUgly » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:18 pm

craigslist

im thinkint that would be your best bet

Sham

Re: wanted to buy van

Post by Sham » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:02 am

obie1 wrote:hi all just wondering if anyone could point me in the right drection a wanted to buy a cheep van to travel to burning man and beyond i am willing to pay upto $1500 for a good van... fit out would be good if not thats fine can do it myself so any help would be great cant wait for my first burning man
peace&light nicky
Is the $1500 in US dollars? I am nowhere near BM, so this is NOT an offer to sell you a van, but I have a 1999 with over 200,000 miles that has a blue book price of $2150. Your price may be a little low for a "good" van. Have you checked out www.kbb.com for prices on used vehicles? Then Craig's list is the best place to go to actually find one.
If you are flying in from Australia, why don't you consider renting a van and driving there? If you can elaborate on your plans, then we can offer suggestions.

cutmeoffandcallmeshorty

Post by cutmeoffandcallmeshorty » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:35 am

Obie 1. hey Mate, Email me at twoupking@aol.com about a van.
I am in the San Francisco area and have an eye on a few as I want one.

Also our camp is looking for members to join in and partisipate in BM this year.

I hope your safe and away from the fires in Vic.

Regards, Shorty....
"Tis better to be well disliked,
Than not liked at all."
Ned Kelly, 1884, Australian Outlaw.

gyre

Post by gyre » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:16 am

Look for something full size with a reliable drivetrain and cosmetic damage and you can get a good deal.

wedeliver
Burning Since: 1998

Re: wanted to buy van

Post by wedeliver » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:46 am

obie1 wrote:hi all just wondering if anyone could point me in the right drection a wanted to buy a cheep van to travel to burning man and beyond i am willing to pay upto $1500 for a good van... fit out would be good if not thats fine can do it myself so any help would be great cant wait for my first burning man
peace&light nicky
Yeah, but it's over in Perth.
I'm a topless shirtcocking yahoo hippie

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com

poisenloaf

Post by poisenloaf » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:52 pm

Check for late 80s / early 90s ambulance conversions too.. we just got one from a burner in San Fran for under $1k. It drove 8+ hours to San Diego without a hitch and runs very solid. Only problem is that it classified as a commercial vehicle (no seats in back) so registration was almost $500.

obie1

thanks

Post by obie1 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:35 am

thanks all for the help
i will be gettin into sanfran on the 25 aug will be in the states for a month so lookin for a van that will do the yards so any more help would be great

wedeliver
Burning Since: 1998

Post by wedeliver » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:44 am

poisenloaf wrote:Check for late 80s / early 90s ambulance conversions too.. we just got one from a burner in San Fran for under $1k. It drove 8+ hours to San Diego without a hitch and runs very solid. Only problem is that it classified as a commercial vehicle (no seats in back) so registration was almost $500.
Get it reclassified as an rv, cost ya a lot less. I think they will want to inspect it to reclassify. (I think you can do that, check into it. I have a Uhaul van and I might do a conversion on that)
I'm a topless shirtcocking yahoo hippie

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com

Return to “2011 Share Resources”