I NEED 2000 GAL OF WATER

Materials and expertise...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let folks know here.
FLETCHER

I NEED 2000 GAL OF WATER

Post by FLETCHER » Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:40 am

Does anyone know of a delivery source for 2000 gallons of water? This is for a fountain, so it does not have to be potable.
I love you just the way you are.

Ugly Dougly
Burning Since: 1996

Post by Ugly Dougly » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:13 am

You also have to bring it back with you.

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:18 am

I'm guessing here, but you might be able to coordinate and contract with the company that sprays down the streets for the BMORG to bring you water; and then coordinate and contract with the comapny that cleans the grey water from the RV's to take it out for you too.

JK
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

somekind

Post by somekind » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:23 am

Use a hose?
http://burningmanvideos2007.blogspot.com/

If someone offers you drugs, it's a cop.
If someone asks you for drugs, it's a cop.
If someone fucks you for drugs, it's not a cop.

Bob
Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: Royaneh

Post by Bob » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:24 am

And coordinate with the health dept inspectors when hippies start bathing in your fountain.
Amazing desert structures & stuff: http://sites.google.com/site/potatotrap/

"Let us say I suggest you may be human." -- Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam

dragonfly Jafe

Post by dragonfly Jafe » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:44 am

...just drop a live wire into it and call it "evolution in action"
Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

PavementBlues
Camp Name: Sideshow

Post by PavementBlues » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:53 pm

Bob wrote:And coordinate with the health dept inspectors when hippies start bathing in your fountain.
when hippies start bathing in your fountain.
when hippies start bathing
I don't think Fletcher has to worry about that.

lonestoner916

Post by lonestoner916 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:36 pm

You wouldn't have to cart it out with you, if it's clean it can be used for dust abatement.
[img]http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv92/Motha420Herb/stoner.gif[/img]
http://lonestonersblog.blogspot.com/

Sensei

Post by Sensei » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:55 pm

Honestly, I sometimes wonder if ANY of you have ever actually attended the event. All this guy has to do is hook up with someone running a bar. Shirley, you must have some idea how incredibly valuable mixer is towards the end of the week!

FLETCHER

ALL KIDDING ASIDE - I WANT 2000 GALLONS OF WATER.

Post by FLETCHER » Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:06 am

While I appreciate all your witticisms, snide comments and guesses, I was really looking for real help. Things like names, URLs, addresses and phone numbers. If a bar can supply me with 2000 gallons of water, Great! Who are they?

PS: I can take care of water removal, and keeping people and most of the dust out of the fountain. It will not be accessible,; it will be inside a dome.

Kinetik V
Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Sanctuary West

Post by Kinetik V » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:03 am

http://tinyurl.com/cbu6rf

Please review Link #7 and proceed from there. As far as the rest of your post, you are definitely new, but I won't cut you any slack for failing to use the simple tools that are at your disposal to answer your question. Once you've done some simple searching, come back with more specific questions and the responses won't be so snarky or cold.
Kinetic V
~~~~~~
I bring order to chaos. And I bring chaos to those who deserve it, wherever that may be.

Elderberry

Post by Elderberry » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:58 am

Kinetic V wrote:http://tinyurl.com/cbu6rf

Please review Link #7 and proceed from there. As far as the rest of your post, you are definitely new, but I won't cut you any slack for failing to use the simple tools that are at your disposal to answer your question. Once you've done some simple searching, come back with more specific questions and the responses won't be so snarky or cold.
Hey that was a cool link...not the content, the way it searches google! I never heard of lmgtfy.com I think I'll post about it in the what I learned today thread.

JK
JK
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

Bob

Post by Bob » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:44 pm

You know, they make fountains that barely use a gallon or two of chocolate.

Goes great with bacon.

Simon of the Playa
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Post by Simon of the Playa » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:08 pm

And coordinate with the health dept inspectors when hippies start bathing in your fountain.

please Bob, dont discourage him.

For years now i have dreamt of the day when i could finally install a project i have planned and scrimped and saved for just this type of opportunity.

i have the marshmellows.

i have canned fruit.

i have enough jello in powder form to fill a ryder truck.

i was concerned about the logistics of so much water, but it appears that providence has provided me with a proverbial deluge, apres moi.

This year, Finally, i WILL make the world's largest Ambrosia Salad.
Frida Be You & Me

FLETCHER

Post by FLETCHER » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:38 pm

I just thought that if I posted a question, someone who knew an useful answer might respond. Something like "I'm having 3000 gallon shipped in by the Bob Newhart Water Delivery Company in Nixon, NV for $300,000. They can be reached at 1 778 555 1212" would be an answer. Out of my budget, but an answer. Or, if I can only bring it in myself - no deliveries allowed - someone might know where I can rent a water truck. That would be useful. If the answer is you can't have it at all, then I'll live with that.

I have come to the conclusion that nobody knows where I can arrange to have 2000 gallons of water delivered . I have been searching for most of a day and don't have one specific answer. I've seen where I can BUY water in quantities up to 55 gal drums, but I want 2000 gallon DELIVERED. A lot of people talk about the possibility of having it trucked in, but nobody seems to have found out who you contact to have this done. I grew up on a farm, and we would have quantities up to 10000 gallons delivered for livestock. I would assume that one could have bulk water delivered in the West for agricultural uses. I could have it trucked in from Georgia, but that is cost prohibitive.

What I have learned from these discussion boards is that you get a lot of conflicting information and non-information. Most people must have a lot of time to waste. I've been looking at the posts, and if I don't know the answer, I don't respond. What a neophyte! I must look foolish. From now on I'll offer the first thing that pops into my head, whether it answers the question or not. What Fun!!!!

You also have to bring it back with you.
And barbarism must always ultimately triumph

I'm guessing here, but you might be able to coordinate and contract with the company that sprays down the streets for the BMORG to bring you water; and then coordinate and contract with the comapny that cleans the grey water from the RV's to take it out for you too.

JK

Use a hose?

If someone offers you drugs, it's a cop.
If someone asks you for drugs, it's a cop.
If someone fucks you for drugs, it's not a cop.

...just drop a live wire into it and call it "evolution in action"

You wouldn't have to cart it out with you, if it's clean it can be used for dust abatement.

Honestly, I sometimes wonder if ANY of you have ever actually attended the event. All this guy has to do is hook up with someone running a bar. Shirley, you must have some idea how incredibly valuable mixer is towards the end of the week!

You know, they make fountains that barely use a gallon or two of chocolate.

Goes great with bacon.

please Bob, dont discourage him.

For years now i have dreamt of the day when i could finally install a project i have planned and scrimped and saved for just this type of opportunity.

i have the marshmellows.

i have canned fruit.

i have enough jello in powder form to fill a ryder truck.

i was concerned about the logistics of so much water, but it appears that providence has provided me with a proverbial deluge, apres moi.

This year, Finally, i WILL make the world's largest Ambrosia Salad.

"you should probably sleep now"

"NO! i cant, the Clowns will EAT me.

Sensei

Post by Sensei » Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:01 pm

FLETCHER wrote:What I have learned from these discussion boards is that you get a lot of conflicting information and non-information. Most people must have a lot of time to waste. I've been looking at the posts, and if I don't know the answer, I don't respond. What a neophyte! I must look foolish. From now on I'll offer the first thing that pops into my head, whether it answers the question or not. What Fun!!!!
Atta Fletch! You're sounding more and more like the rest of us with each post!

There's another way to look at this, ya' know. Someone, somewhere out there has the answer you're looking for. Mr. Answer probably doesn't log on each and every day, m'kay? The longer these monkeys snark, gossip, change the subject entirely, tell jokes, lie, etc., the longer your li'l thread stays up top all noticeable like, which increases the opportunity for Mr. Answer to come along and notice your post, prompting Mr. Answer to tell you all about the time he did something very similar at Coachella back in the day. Yeah, you'll have to wade through all the sludge first, but you probably weren't all that busy anyway - I mean, you posted here and all.

Stick around, I think you'll get used to us.

klondike_bar

Post by klondike_bar » Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:08 pm

honestly, youd probably know more then most of us if you grew up on a farm that trucked in water.

contact those guys, and see if thay work in other states/ know similar companies.

FLETCHER

Post by FLETCHER » Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:22 pm

ePlaya Community Guidelines

Expected Behavior

There are different areas for different purposes within the ePlaya. Please respect their intended use, and keep on topic, especially when creating new threads, e.g., do not post political discussions in the Newbie area, etc.

I took the silly Guidelines too gawldarn seriously!

Anyway, if I am unsuccessful in obtaining water, I might hook up to the portalets. You might see a 2000 gallon piss pool fountain. I wonder if how many burners will jump in?

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:44 pm

http://www.unitedsiteservices.com/servi ... evada.html

this took me 45 seconds on that inter-netty thingamabob fletch.

radical self-reliance.

you owe me 45 seconds of my life, and i'm VERY expensive.

ps....
From now on I'll offer the first thing that pops into my head, whether it answers the question or not. What Fun!!!!

i told you, i have been planning the giant ambrosia salad (aka G.A.S.) for years now, it was not some silly A.D.D tangent.

ok, it was.
Frida Be You & Me

Bob

Post by Bob » Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:01 pm

So Fletcher, do you believe *anything* should be readily available for the right price at Burning Man, without question? Would you expect *not* to be questioned about health department concerns or other impacts for any project involving thousands of gallons of water? Did you include this fountain in your theme camp submittal, and if so what was the response?

I've been involved in a few past projects that involved hundreds to thousands of gallons of water -- a decade ago, before the health department clamped down and threatened to close the event over a "simple" fountain -- and before the site crew and theme camp department had a number of unfortunate experiences with people being extremely careless about such projects in general. If the theme camp department did give a blank okay for this, all I have to say is their institutional memory ain't what it used to be.

falk

Re: ALL KIDDING ASIDE - I WANT 2000 GALLONS OF WATER.

Post by falk » Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:49 pm

FLETCHER wrote:It will not be accessible,; it will be inside a dome.
How big is this fountain anyway? I had fountains and misters inside my Oasis Dome in '05 and '06, and typical usage for the entire dome over 4 days was typically around 350 gallons.

ETA: I brought the water in 55-gallon food barrels. Five barrels in the back of our main supply truck. Two more barrels in each of two RVs that came to our camp. We wound up using only about 2/3 of it.

I believe you can arrange for water to be delivered (JOTS?) but the cost is around $1/gallon. You should probably look up RV servicing; whoever services the RVs should be willing to bring you your 2000 gallons, but it won't be cheap.

FLETCHER

Post by FLETCHER » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:31 pm

No, Bob, I don't believe *anything* should be readily available for the right price at Burning Man, without question. Like I said in my question " If the answer is you can't have it at all, then I'll live with that. "

I just didn't know I had to come to you, Bob, or this forum to get permission. I did include this fountain in your theme camp submittal, and have not recieved a response. I am more than willing to talk to the health department, and I actually have co-ordinated with the health department on projects that involved tens of thousands of gallon of water, but that was drinking water. This water wount even be accessable to livestock. If you are with the health department, I will gladly submit my plans to you also. If you are on the theme camp department , I would have expected a straight answer. There is a possibility that my plans differed in some way from yours of ten years ago. I was going to put the fountain in a dome so that it would be visible, but not accessable. But if some careless person in the past has terminated any chance of having a fountain, then so be it. I just didn't know that or see it officially written anywhere.

Thanks for straightening me out here Bob. I appologize if I came off as an arrogant know-it-all A.H. I'll try to do better in the future. I'll just tuck my tail between my legs and amble off now. :oops:

Oldguy
Burning Since: 2005

Post by Oldguy » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:39 pm

You might consider trucking in your own water. Rural fire-departments sometimes sell their old grass rigs that don't depend on hydrants. 1000 gal. tanks, four wheel drive, hard suction hose and pump to deliver or suction out. Flush out the tanks though, in case they've ever used foam or additives like heavy water( makes water stickier).It could be cheaper in the long run, rather than depend on potable water from RV vendors.

I know of one artist who had a small water feature, who simply stopped a street water truck and asked for a fillup. A special 2,000 gal. delivery would cost at least 2 G's for the water alone. Price of diesal in August? Nobody really knows.

I've seen 500 gal. plastic tanks, square type with metal frame on craigslist. You'd have to make arrangements with a forklift operator on playa to stack them. You might try contacting the Piutes at Nixon or Wadsworth for filling.

If money is no object, just airland a cargoplane at BRC International Airport.

FLETCHER

Post by FLETCHER » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:17 pm

Falk, thanks for your input. The fountain is 12 feet in diameter and four feet deep. That is the smallest portable fountain that I have. I was hopeing to find an agricultural supplier. However Bob has laid down the law, and I get the impression that he knows everything, and, in the spirit of burning man, wants to put everybody in their Bob assigned place.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oldguy, good ideas! Fire departments fill swimming pools here in Georgia. I helps keep the water lines clear. Now, if I could only get it past Bob.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Simon of the Playa thanks for your 45 seconds. I am indebted to you for life! You are truely up on that inter-netty thingamabob. But Simon, I went to that site, and in less than 45 seconds found that they offer:

:o Unmatched selection from basic portable toilets to best-in-class portable toilet rentals. Professionally delivered and serviced where and when you need them,
:P The comforts of home in many styles and sizes of restroom trailers to suit any event; from weddings and concerts to fairs and sporting events.
:evil: Two- or four-person portable hand wash sinks available to accompany our porta potty rentals.
:roll: Temporary chain link and panel fence rental.
:idea: Storage Containers
:!: Portable Showers
:D Temporary Power
:P Erosion Control & SWPPP
:? Street Sweeping
:shock: Septic Pumping
:cry: 2009 Speedway Services
:oops: Disaster Relief Services

They might deliver water too, but they don't specifically state it anywhere. If they use the same truck as septic for septic pumping, I think I'll pass. Restroom trailors for weddings? Actually, those things are nice. I used one outside the MOMA that was for the comfort of the long lines. I'd give them a call, but Bob straightened me out. Being up on that inter-netty thingamabob is a necessity these days, Simon... Being able to read is right up there too.
Realy folks, thanks for you input. Now that I look back on it, I must say.. You have truely made my day. But I don't think I'll be check back here for a month or two.

oneeyeddick

Post by oneeyeddick » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:52 pm

FLETCHER wrote:Falk, thanks for your input. The fountain is 12 feet in diameter and four feet deep. That is the smallest portable fountain that I have.
So...."use a smaller fountain" should be my response here, but you started in on Bob.......leave him alone, he is an old couch and you can't even use the hide-a-bed in him because his springs are rusty and the mattress is ratted.

Why does your water level have to be 4 feet deep if it is inacessable and inside a dome ?
The only reason you need that much depth is for swimming with fishies.

And why are you putting it inside a dome in the first place....so people can't see it ??

I have used several thousands of gallons in my previous Themecamp over the years, but the most I ever used in any one year was 1250 gallons.....and my "fountain" was actually "shower" in the disguised form of a fountain.

You can get that much water delivered to you out there...........but why ?
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.

Tiahaar
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: Starship Palomino

Post by Tiahaar » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:45 pm

FLETCHER wrote:Realy folks, thanks for you input. Now that I look back on it, I must say.. You have truely made my day. But I don't think I'll be check back here for a month or two.
excellent! maybe you'll not notice I didn't bother to photoshop in another name on this nice poster borrowed from the internetty!
and if you read between the lines most folks actually gave some good tips! and Bob rules.
Burning Man 2003-19; Desert Carillon, HypnoHorse, Ulaume's Chimes, Iron Native, Black Rock Solar, Portal Collective, Center Camp Café Stage and Sound Tech, 747 Project
Starship Palomino

hillbaker19

Post by hillbaker19 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:34 am

I'm not sure here .. but you can try it ..

http://www.ci.tucson.az.us/water/docs/wp-ch05.pdf

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:45 am

They might deliver water too

they do.....

now run along, you bother me kid.
Frida Be You & Me

Elderberry

Post by Elderberry » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:45 am

Simon of the Playa wrote:
They might deliver water too

they do.....

now run along, you bother me kid.

You're being too nice.

JK
JK

Bob

Post by Bob » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:43 am

So much for the Socratic method?

Look where it got Socrates.

Return to “2011 Share Resources”