Things you guys want at the store

Materials and expertise...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let folks know here.
mojo

Post by mojo » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:00 pm

matches, lighters, charcoal, charcoal lighter
Cum catapulte proscripte erunt tum soli proscripti catapultus haebunt.

motskyroonmatick
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: B.R.C. Welding&Repair

Post by motskyroonmatick » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:05 pm

Tent stakes?
Black Rock City Welding & Repair. The Night Time Warming Station. iGNiTE! Bar.

Card Carrying Member BRCCP.

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-

ibdave
Burning Since: 1998

Post by ibdave » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:58 pm

Ace hardware store

Old School Drug Store

Yep, that should fix everything... :shock: :shock: :shock: :wink:
I was Born OK the 1st Time....

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg

sputnik
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Ubercarney

Post by sputnik » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:06 pm

A generator. Just one. One of those super quiet Hondas. Put out a big sign. Chances are you'll sell it for 150% what you paid for it.
It's going to be alright.

gyre

Post by gyre » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:40 pm

Moleskin.

DoriumLux

Post by DoriumLux » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:45 pm

sling shots

I always forget mine :)

ibdave
Burning Since: 1998

Post by ibdave » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:48 pm

Virgin Playa Playmate... One of each Sex... Bi would even be better.. :shock: :shock: :shock:
I was Born OK the 1st Time....

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg

mykidsdaddy

Post by mykidsdaddy » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:31 pm

I will TRY to reply...My ISP is a satelite company called Wild Blue. I have been having problems for several weeks and they got major worse over the last few days. I call and they want to charge me $95.00 I told the girl "I don't think so!!!"
Long story short...My satelite modem keeps dropping the connection. I am trying to contact them but I don't wanna hang on the phone and talk to a dumbass!

OK...Rant over! Notes are made of all requests. I will pass the info along.
Keep the input coming!
Oh yeah...I will personally perform "Quality Assurance" inspections on any and all virgins. :wink:
Inside every older person is a younger person wondering, "What the Hell happened?"

mykidsdaddy

Post by mykidsdaddy » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:35 pm

Maybe I can sneak in multiple replies and not have them lost in limbo!

Our store hours...We are toying with the idea of 24/7 for the week of the burn. Nothing definite yet. We don't know if we will have the manpower! I am thinking we will find a way....
Inside every older person is a younger person wondering, "What the Hell happened?"

LostinReno
Burning Since: 2009

Post by LostinReno » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:30 pm

I don't know if you have the means to sell propane (in quantity), but you could jack up the price 200% a pound and probably make a killing
Bacon...lots of varieties of bacon!

Sail Man
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Kidsville: Delicious

Post by Sail Man » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:18 pm

Not necessarily related to the burn itself, but topographic maps of the area. Maybe guide books to the area as well. Many burners will be lingering in the area and want to explore.
Excuse me Ma'am, your going to feel a small prick.

Algorithms never survive the first thirty seconds of patient contact

DoriumLux

Post by DoriumLux » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:59 pm

megaphones

Red Dirt Mother

Post by Red Dirt Mother » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:14 pm

condoms
~Lizz

I give love as my highest offering.

Sham

Post by Sham » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:11 pm

Valium and ear plugs!

mykidsdaddy

Post by mykidsdaddy » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:47 pm

Shambala wrote:Valium and ear plugs!
Wellllllll look who showed up! Where you been hiding buddy???

mykidsdaddy

Post by mykidsdaddy » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:49 pm

Red Dirt Mother wrote:Valium, ear plugs & condoms
There...I fixed it for you!

Sham

Post by Sham » Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:03 pm

I've been here. I had a long and thoughtful response to your request for items for your store, and one of the moderators dumped it. My suggestion to you was to browse some big box stores to get ideas of what could be needed. I named 3 or 4 of these stores and I think that's what got me swatted. I think AntiM's fingerprints were on that one, but I can't be sure.

One of the other things to keep in mind when buying for the BM crowd is that the bus from the playa will be making the rounds and dropping desperate people to pick up things that were forgotten. A few tents might be useful, air mattresses, tarps, propane tanks, condoms! :shock:

By the way, are you holding a shirt for me? I can stop by in 3 weeks if you still have it. You'll recognize me---I look like a NARC!

Red Dirt Mother

Post by Red Dirt Mother » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:28 pm

[quote="mykidsdaddy"][quote="Red Dirt Mother"]Valium, ear plugs & condoms[/quote]

There...I fixed it for you![/quote]

In that order?

Ha!
~Lizz

mykidsdaddy

Post by mykidsdaddy » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:41 pm

Red Dirt Mother wrote:
mykidsdaddy wrote:
Red Dirt Mother wrote:Valium, ear plugs & condoms
There...I fixed it for you!
In that order?

Ha!
What??? You think I was born in the middle of the last century or what??? Of course in that order!!!
Remember my name...you'll be screaming it later!!!

Red Dirt Mother

Post by Red Dirt Mother » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:44 pm

[quote="mykidsdaddy"][quote="Red Dirt Mother"][quote="mykidsdaddy"][quote="Red Dirt Mother"]Valium, ear plugs & condoms[/quote]

There...I fixed it for you![/quote]

In that order?

Ha![/quote]

What??? You think I was born in the middle of the last century or what??? Of course in that order!!!
[b]Remember my name...you'll be screaming it later!!![/b][/quote]

I agree.

Nice to "meet" you!
~Lizz

Simon of the Playa
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Post by Simon of the Playa » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:52 pm

thorazine.
Frida Be You & Me

mykidsdaddy

Post by mykidsdaddy » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:55 pm

Shambala wrote:I've been here. I had a long and thoughtful response to your request for items for your store, and one of the moderators dumped it. My suggestion to you was to browse some big box stores to get ideas of what could be needed. I named 3 or 4 of these stores and I think that's what got me swatted. I think AntiM's fingerprints were on that one, but I can't be sure.

One of the other things to keep in mind when buying for the BM crowd is that the bus from the playa will be making the rounds and dropping desperate people to pick up things that were forgotten. A few tents might be useful, air mattresses, tarps, propane tanks, condoms! :shock:

By the way, are you holding a shirt for me? I can stop by in 3 weeks if you still have it. You'll recognize me---I look like a NARC!

Yes...I still have a shirt for you! It is gonna be big enough for you AND a playa hottie to crawl into! 2XXL!!! But I have it right here, next to my computer!

OK...I have been requesting input from everybody and I have recieved pretty good input...PLEASE keep in mind...I have a minimal say in what actually will hit the shelves!
I will tryto get some of the non-grocery stuff suggested. But...I can only try! Brother in law and Father in law are ultimately who will decide. I wish it was different. My daughter is going to be in the picture for the shopping trips...I will sit her down and try to get her to get some of these items! I think it would be a win win situation!!!

Camping supplies...nawwwwwwwwww buy more beer!!!
That's NOT how I think!!!

mykidsdaddy

Post by mykidsdaddy » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:58 pm

Simon of the Playa wrote:thorazine.
Thorazine ES (Extra Strength)...got it!

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:38 am

Shambala wrote:I've been here. I had a long and thoughtful response to your request for items for your store, and one of the moderators dumped it. My suggestion to you was to browse some big box stores to get ideas of what could be needed. I named 3 or 4 of these stores and I think that's what got me swatted. I think AntiM's fingerprints were on that one, but I can't be sure.
Hm. I hope you're pulling my leg. (It would explain a lot of things, I guess.)
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:04 pm

I didn't "swat" you... if I remove a post, I contact the poster. Recommendatoins are allowed. I have no clue what happened to your post, it wasn't mentioned yo me by the other mods. Yes, we tell each other what we're working on, what we're deleting. Usually.

Sham

Post by Sham » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:20 pm

This is my 3rd post that dissapeared. I have never been contacted on any of them as to why. My very first one several years back (under a different name) mentioned by name a national (and evil) store where a cheap mountain bike could be purchased for $53. It was a real post with several other useful suggestions, but it evaporated right before my eyes.

I would hope that as long as I was not trying to sell my very own New and Improved product, that posts won't dissapear. I'm really not sure who did this, but it was dumped by someone! :roll: If it was not you AntiM, then my apologies.

trystanthegypsy

Post by trystanthegypsy » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:23 am

I totally agree on all the tape suggestions.

I know I"m super late on the boat here, but you could buy a flat wholesale out of your own pocket and it would definitely sell :D

oneeyeddick
Burning Since: 1996

Post by oneeyeddick » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:11 am

Shambala wrote:This is my 3rd post that dissapeared. I have never been contacted on any of them as to why. . It was a real post with several other useful suggestions, but it evaporated right before my eyes.

I'm really not sure who did this, but it was dumped by someone! .
Maybe you were drinking a little too much moxie and you typed it in and didn't actually hit the submit button ?

I have done just that, prolly 20-30 times over the last 6 years, it happens, don't let it bug you so much, and don't blame the mods, to err is human.
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.

ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:33 am

I've done that, too.........
hit 'refresh' instead of reply.....or something like that.........

also, when typing, somehow I will the wrong combo of keys with the heal of my hand, and, it'll first highlight the entire text then delete it.......dang, lose the whole thing........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

mykidsdaddy

Post by mykidsdaddy » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:29 pm

ygmir wrote:I've done that, too.........
hit 'refresh' instead of reply.....or something like that.........

also, when typing, somehow I will the wrong combo of keys with the heal of my hand, and, it'll first highlight the entire text then delete it.......dang, lose the whole thing........
I have done that before...hitting the back arrow on your browser just takes you back to the blank reply page. I did it with one of those really verbose replies to a controversial subject...I was one or two sentences short of submitting and deleted the whole thing! There must have been 8-10 paragraphs!~

Return to “2011 Share Resources”