Pacific Northwest Burners

Materials and expertise...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let folks know here.
wedeliver
Burning Since: 1998

Pacific Northwest Burners

Post by wedeliver » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:41 pm

Hi all you freaks from the pacific northwest. Just a heads up on your drive. If you are on your way to Black Rock City on Sunday August 30th and you want to stop in Alturas California the Four Corners Market will be open all night again this year. He cannot sell booze from 2:00am to 6:00am but he will be open. The Chevron says he was told to close for 4 hours but he will try and stay open, if he is closed there should be at least 3 other places for fuel open in Alturas all night sunday 8-30-09

If you come through Klamath Falls and you take Hwy 39 to California 139, my place, Eagles Nest RV Park will be open to burners only from 8-24-09 to 8-31-09. Camping is FREE for burners only! You need your rest, the park is 160 miles from Black Rock City.

for directions and more info
www.eaglesnestrvpark.com

Also the California Department of Food and Agriculture Inspection Stations are now manned 24/7. Heads up.
I'm a topless shirtcocking yahoo hippie

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com

wedeliver

Post by wedeliver » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:26 am

bump (I'm hearing bells, the phone has been ringing a lot... I wonder what it means?)

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com

wedeliver

Post by wedeliver » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:27 pm

A word about cell phone coverage. I drove to the playa the other day and as expected I had coverage all the way to the southern end of Suprise valley, thats the valley with Cedarville, I think it worked into Nevada till you start up that first mountain range. Lost signal till I came out by the "cliff house", that house on the west side of the road that is kind of on a cliff, at the beginning of the valley with Planet X in it. so maybe 10 15 miles past planet x, all the way through gerlach. I met a guy who was building a "temporary" cell tower by the hot springs.

I have verizon

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com

Stickygreen

Post by Stickygreen » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:16 pm

thanks for the update, I'll be headed down your route in three days!
)'(

wedeliver

Post by wedeliver » Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:10 pm

Our first burners arrived today.........there is a feeling in the air.

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com

Playa Wolf

Post by Playa Wolf » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:57 pm

Just for clarity: Does this swing both ways? Do Burners get a big welcome on the way home? I will be going straight through Sunday night (on a hella tight schedule), but I might be convinced to stop by on the way home after the burn...

wedeliver

Post by wedeliver » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:42 am

Playa Wolf wrote:Just for clarity: Does this swing both ways? Do Burners get a big welcome on the way home? I will be going straight through Sunday night (on a hella tight schedule), but I might be convinced to stop by on the way home after the burn...
all year you can get our special burner rate.... nothing... see ya

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com

wedeliver

Post by wedeliver » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:24 pm

bump

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com

peoplezoo

directions

Post by peoplezoo » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:38 pm

Thought I was posting this here to begin with...

The planet wally directions give a driving time of 18 hours...the mapquest directions to Gerlach are 10 hours 58 minutes. They are basically the same directions so I am confused which one to follow. What is the 7 hour difference? Does anyone know? Thanks.
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized God doesn’t work that way, so I stole
one and prayed for forgiveness.

- Emo Philips

Sensei

Post by Sensei » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:43 pm

Mapquest assumes you never have to pee. Or eat. Or nap. Or stop at every freakin' Dairy Queen between Seattle and Gerlach to get a large dipped cone which can be quite a challenge to eat before it melts all over the goddamned place.

Not that I've ever done that.

wedeliver

Re: directions

Post by wedeliver » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:19 pm

peoplezoo wrote:Thought I was posting this here to begin with...

The planet wally directions give a driving time of 18 hours...the mapquest directions to Gerlach are 10 hours 58 minutes. They are basically the same directions so I am confused which one to follow. What is the 7 hour difference? Does anyone know? Thanks.
And google showed me 13 hours 39 minutes. I don't know why the time is different, maybe a bit of a different route and sometime mapquest, google assume a road speed different then what you can drive.

Also what you are driving makes a big differance, in my car I can get to Gerlach in under 3 hours, in the RV takes 5 hours. 160 miles, its that Cedarville pass that add's 45 minutes to the drive, cause of how slow I go up and down it.

I emailed wally end of last year and never heard anything back. I was going to see if he could list us as a place to stop, but no luck.

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com

peoplezoo

Re: directions

Post by peoplezoo » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:00 pm

That is funny. I was looking for a way to contact wally about the missing hours. I am thinking about just winging it and staying at random camp grounds along the way if I feel to tired to keep driving. Good camping around the falls?
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized God doesn’t work that way, so I stole
one and prayed for forgiveness.

- Emo Philips

wedeliver

Post by wedeliver » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:18 pm

I have not been north of Klamath Falls so I can't say anything about camping, People tell me Crater Lake is beautiful. We do all our shopping in Klamath and my son works therem but thats about it.

You know I have a campground and we invite burners to come here? We give you free camping, all the water you can carry, and showers.

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com

bsilver18

Post by bsilver18 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:48 pm

we're coming from seattle and have no idea where to fill up water. any ideas? we have a group of 10 and will need about 150 gallons. please help, we really don't want to go to reno.

wedeliver

Post by wedeliver » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:57 pm

You can get water here if you want.

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com

teardropper
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: The late Lazy Fucks. Now Orphan Eaters.

Post by teardropper » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:05 am

I'm from Klamath Falls and this is the last full service stop before the playa. Don't know about water, you could get it at my place.

Return to “2011 Share Resources”