Mc Donalds on vista dr in sparks

Materials and expertise...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let folks know here.
janicels

Mc Donalds on vista dr in sparks

Post by janicels » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:52 pm

hello fellow burners this was a great burn untill we got back in to town..there was about 15 burners in the the mc donalds in sparks on vista dr
a customer came to the the counter and told the manger that the the bathroom need to be cleaned...her comment was it is the nasty burners...in a very rude way...so can you all not stop there any more and see how she likes all the money she will be missing out on...i was in the bathroom and it was not dirty ...we spend a lot of money in the reno sparks area..maybe we should all just get are stuff in tahoe...
whooo we are camping with greeters....it will be great

Gizmo

Post by Gizmo » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:37 pm

You need a REASON not to eat at McDonalds? Besides diabetes and heart disease?

Most of the Masters of Snark are in transit, therefore my feeble efforts to take up the slack.

ibdave
Burning Since: 1998

Post by ibdave » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:07 pm

Ok, I'm a 12 year burner. Left the Playa mid Saturday and trash bags were all over the road...AGAIN... I'm stuck here at the Grand Sierra Resort. Not all but many are just fucking pig burners that makes the rest look and talk shit about fucking burners... Oh yea, did you use the shitters in BRC... I rest my case...
I was Born OK the 1st Time....

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg

spectabillis
Burning Since: 2020

Post by spectabillis » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:25 am

ibdave wrote:... trash bags were all over the road...AGAIN... Not all but many are just fucking pig burners that makes the rest look and talk shit about fucking burners...
unfortunately sad and true.

the efforts that many support and advocate are very impressive. most contemporary holliday excursions that are in a party atmosphere are disasterous when they break a certain population point, which so far has held up well within the event. but once some escape their trashfence confines... its like some wierd bottled-up tendency suddenly gets released, like getting released from a week in jail or something.

its kinda disturbing to see that many, and realize how much of our nation operates on wasteful hyperconsumption. but equally disturbing when certain areas are overburdoned by that use, which opens our eyes to just how much infrastructure we have developed to support and service it.

ibdave
Burning Since: 1998

Post by ibdave » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:08 am

I was Born OK the 1st Time....

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg

Ugly Dougly
Burning Since: 1996

Post by Ugly Dougly » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:43 am

Eat at Bruno's.
Dump your trash in the Metropolis, where it won't be noticed.

Ah, dumping gray water into the storm drains, what a pleasure.

spectabillis
Burning Since: 2020

Post by spectabillis » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:32 am

thanks or the link ibd.

but oh where oh where are the eco-greens of burningman, those who espose on the amazing accomplishments of brc?

those that cry for the tired, the poor
the huddled masses yearning to be free of thier waste
the wretched refuge of teeming travellers
send these, the consumers, freed from confines...

trocar

Post by trocar » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:19 pm

I always get really embarrassed about having anything to do with the event on that ride back. Year after year it is the same, empty water jugs, bags of trash littering the side of the road for 100 miles. The “PACK IT OUTâ€

Bob
Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: Royaneh

Post by Bob » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:49 pm

Don't suppose it occurred to you people to pick up a few of those bags you're whining about.
Amazing desert structures & stuff: http://sites.google.com/site/potatotrap/

"Let us say I suggest you may be human." -- Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam

trocar

Post by trocar » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:45 am

Without getting into the whole "Don't stop on the TWO LANE ROAD with 20,000 cars going back to Reno at the same time" debate, or "there is no place safe to stop on 447" debate once again. Well, and the part about self reliance thing...
Go Fuck yourself Bob

Harinama

a few bad apples ruin the entire batch

Post by Harinama » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:18 am

trocar, i defy you to find ANY event for 35k people that lasts a week that ends up with less than 10x the amount of trash left at BM. Overall most BM'ers are conscientious lnt folks, who clean their campsites pretty spotless and pack out all of their trash. However, a few burners (usually 1st timers or 1 off'ers) seem to feel that they are excepted from the rules.

Much of the problems of trash along the highway are due to improperly secured loads, not just because jerkoffs dump it purposefully.

Overall, BM IS a low impact operation, but then you'd rather just focus on the few bad folks who leave a bad impression.

I expect to see you on the way out next year, berating all drivers on the evils of trash dumping..
Harinama Das
"inner peace is but a universe away"

Fire_Moose

Post by Fire_Moose » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:27 am

trocar wrote:Without getting into the whole "Don't stop on the TWO LANE ROAD with 20,000 cars going back to Reno at the same time" debate, or "there is no place safe to stop on 447" debate once again. Well, and the part about self reliance thing...
Go Fuck yourself Bob

You can pull over at that turn out....with the Indian tacos...park yer car and go for a walk to pick up the trash...just because your CAR can't stop on the two lane road doesn't mean you cant walk along it ;)
2K8 Burning Man Virgin 2K11 Camp Envy
2K9 Camp Envy 2k12 Fucking Flamingoes
2k10 Stag Camp 2k13 Camp Envy

mojo

Re: Mc Donalds on vista dr in sparks

Post by mojo » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:14 pm

janicels wrote:hello fellow burners this was a great burn untill we got back in to town..there was about 15 burners in the the mc donalds in sparks on vista dr
a customer came to the the counter and told the manger that the the bathroom need to be cleaned...her comment was it is the nasty burners...in a very rude way...so can you all not stop there any more and see how she likes all the money she will be missing out on...i was in the bathroom and it was not dirty ...we spend a lot of money in the reno sparks area..maybe we should all just get are stuff in tahoe...
It may be my own personality flaw, but I just don't put up with rudeness like that from a retail establishment, especially not a fast food chain. There is a lot that you can do in this instance to educate the rude speaker. Usually an immediate confrontation is not as effective as contact with the owner and parent company, but is certainly immediately gratifying. I think I would have loudly announced the opinion of the speaker to the rest of the patrons and "burners" there. It's not too late to contact the owner and make a complaint...... I do try to make twice as many "attaboy" comments as complaints, so send congratulations when you run into a business that goes the extra mile.....
Cum catapulte proscripte erunt tum soli proscripti catapultus haebunt.

SageV
Burning Since: 1999

Post by SageV » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:08 pm

The local press had some articles about the fact that even the business that welcome and cater to burners had some problems, to the point they rent out porta-potties and lock the inside bathrooms to prevent anybody from using them around the burn. A few inconsiderate burners give us all a bad name, so putting on their shoes and not knowing what we're about, what do you think the local businesses are going to think?
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
-- Hunter S. Thompson

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:47 pm

I was wondering this year, especially when I read the signs for the $2,000.00 fine for litering, why the cops just didn't do stake outs for people dumping trash. Seems like a much better pay-off--both in money and good will. I think most people wouldn't be very sympathetic to people dumping trash and getting cited for it compared to people that get speeding tickets for 2 miles over the limit.

And to whoever said BM was a green event--well think again. Leave No Trace DOES NOT equal GREEN.

On a positive note, we stopped at a gas station on the way home to fill up the truck and to our surprise, they had a huge dumpster there and were accepting everyone's trash for free.

JK
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

thisisthatwhichis

Post by thisisthatwhichis » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:35 pm

Fire_Moose wrote:
trocar wrote:Without getting into the whole "Don't stop on the TWO LANE ROAD with 20,000 cars going back to Reno at the same time" debate, or "there is no place safe to stop on 447" debate once again. Well, and the part about self reliance thing...
Go Fuck yourself Bob

You can pull over at that turn out....with the Indian tacos...park yer car and go for a walk to pick up the trash...just because your CAR can't stop on the two lane road doesn't mean you cant walk along it ;)

Ummm.... there are at least 60 miles of 447 where that's just a stupid idea. Yea, if you're in an area where you can pick up ASS-Trash, please do, but be careful where that pull-off point is.

Speaking of ASS-Trash, I must say the NDOT had done a great job by Weds, afterburn, on 447......

And, yes, We certainly have a lot of admonishment/re-programming of those that feel trash doesn't end up somewhere........... reminds me of an earth day "event" here one year, unfortunatly
TITWI

To be on the wire is life. The rest is waiting.
It's show time, folks.....Joe Gideon

Isotopia

Post by Isotopia » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:31 pm

hello fellow burners this was a great burn untill we got back in to town..there was about 15 burners in the the mc donalds in sparks on vista dr
Boy, sounds like you have your fucking therapy issue to dump out at this weeks session.

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:41 am

jkisha wrote:
On a positive note, we stopped at a gas station on the way home to fill up the truck and to our surprise, they had a huge dumpster there and were accepting everyone's trash for free.

JK
The Love's truckstop had two. They were quite full, but I think the manager there has caught on that burners = $$$.

Going in, they were happy to allow people to access their free water; this had not been the case previously. I just don't know if I would drink Fernley tap water without filtration, too many natural contaminants such as arsenic.

oneeyeddick
Burning Since: 1996

Post by oneeyeddick » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:40 am

That arsenic is worse in Fallon.

I lived in Fernley for 2 months...the water there straightened out my hair, somehow.
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.

Return to “2011 Share Resources”