This might sound strange, but I'd like to arrange....

Materials and expertise...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let folks know here.
zachass

This might sound strange, but I'd like to arrange....

Post by zachass » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:02 pm

for the delivery and barter of a case or two of Shrohs from an East Coast or Midwest Burner who's driving and (here's the ridiculous part) has extra room for them, for 2010.

I would be willing to compensate/trade/gift a hell of a lot for them. It would make my first burning man just that little extra bit better/special. There's simply nowhere (that I know of) west of the Mississippi where I can get it. Call it my Michigan version of PBR. A cold Strohs on the playa.....I just can't describe why that would be special, but it would.

I understand it's very early, but my I only decided to go on my first burn about two weeks ago, and my prep sheet is already 3 pages long. I'm an anal dude, and after a bottle of wine and reading several long threads today, it occurred to me that a case of Strohs would just be.....heavenly?

Forgive my cornball. Transport my vitamin S.

:lol:
Treat people like you want to be treated. Really...it's simple and it [i]actually works[/i]

ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:09 pm

some of the online alcohol retailers will ship products.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

zachass

Post by zachass » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:18 pm

Online alcohol retailers? I've tried various distributors, but something about illegality of shipping alcohol across state lines has me discouraged.

Care to point me in a direction? I'd even gladly take a 'let me google that for you'.
Treat people like you want to be treated. Really...it's simple and it [i]actually works[/i]

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:31 pm

maybe someone like Bevmo?
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

zachass

Post by zachass » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:40 pm

ygmir wrote:maybe someone like Bevmo?
:lol: they told me if it were even possible, I'd have to buy something in the neighborhood of 48 cases. Now, I like beer and all, and I like Strohs. 48 cases though, is beyond my pallet and means.

Growing up in Michigan, our camping trips always included copious amounts of 'vitamin S' as my hippie father calls it. He's sent me a case for Christmas a couple of times, but the shipping even through US mail ground is more than the case costs.

To suck on a few cans of Strohs at BM would make it really neat for me.

I already plan on bringing a pretty stocked (for myself and random other passersby) bar. Strohs would just be a little piece of home.

Captain Goddammit
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: First Camp

Post by Captain Goddammit » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:40 pm

It's a WAY better idea to figure out how to get yourself some Strohs before Burning Man rather than depend on someone else, especially a stranger, to do it and then to even ever find them on the playa.
The only way to be sure you'll have that nice tasty cold Strohs is to bring it yourself. That also applies to just about everything at Burning Man.
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."

zachass

Post by zachass » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:41 pm

Captain Goddammit wrote:It's a WAY better idea to figure out how to get yourself some Strohs before Burning Man rather than depend on someone else, especially a stranger, to do it and then to even ever find them on the playa.
The only way to be sure you'll have that nice tasty cold Strohs is to bring it yourself. That also applies to just about everything at Burning Man.
:cry: I live in California now. I can't get it here.

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:48 pm

zachass wrote:
Captain Goddammit wrote:It's a WAY better idea to figure out how to get yourself some Strohs before Burning Man rather than depend on someone else, especially a stranger, to do it and then to even ever find them on the playa.
:cry: I live in California now. I can't get it here.

well,
you might say:
I can't afford it here........as we all know, money can make anything happen..........

Keep searching........I'll watch for it, too.......one of my hobbies when going places is to check out liquor stores to see if they have odd stuff......
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

zachass

Post by zachass » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:18 pm

ygmir wrote: well,
you might say:
I can't afford it here........as we all know, money can make anything happen..........

Keep searching........I'll watch for it, too.......one of my hobbies when going places is to check out liquor stores to see if they have odd stuff......
I appreciate that. I can make it happen.....just gotta call dad and pay the shipping. Image

I'd much rather do something nice for someone who'd do something nice for me. Too corny?

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:23 pm

nope, not corny at all.IMHO.
but, as previously stated, try to get it way early.......last minute stuff can happen, and, quite often, does........
I'll be travelin' up through Washington state and back this week, so, will keep my eye peeled.......
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

Sham

Post by Sham » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:39 pm

Wait a minute. How old are you? The last thing I want to do is drag two cases of beer across the country and give them to an underage shill working for the police and then be handcuffed and hauled off to the Gerlach County Prison for the Mentally Deranged.
Are you a cop? Be honest now!

zachass

Post by zachass » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:45 pm

Shambala wrote:Wait a minute. How old are you? The last thing I want to do is drag two cases of beer across the country and give them to an underage shill working for the police and then be handcuffed and hauled off to the Gerlach County Prison for the Mentally Deranged.
Are you a cop? Be honest now!
35 going on 12. :lol: I'm about as far away from a cop as you can get. I can understand your concern though. Never know when they're about, although if they'd lock someone up for 2 cases of Stroh's, we're all in a LOT more trouble than I ever imagined.

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:47 pm

*finds copy of "Shambala theme song"*

[youtube][/youtube]
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

thisisthatwhichis

Post by thisisthatwhichis » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:49 pm

I think I've seen it here in Reno.... Ben's liquor.... Give em a call, before ya go to such drastic measure, man!!
TITWI

To be on the wire is life. The rest is waiting.
It's show time, folks.....Joe Gideon

zachass

Post by zachass » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:50 pm

:lol:

more accurate description of my age after hearing that song is: I'm old enough to remember Dr. Demento on the radio. Wow....Memmmmorrrrriiieeesssss.

zachass

Post by zachass » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:53 pm

thisisthatwhichis wrote:I think I've seen it here in Reno.... Ben's liquor.... Give em a call, before ya go to such drastic measure, man!!

Jackpot!

I didn't think they had ANY distributors west of the Miss. A thousand thank yous!

Sham

Post by Sham » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:02 pm

Now that you know that you can get Stroh's in Reno, the novelty is not the same. May I recommend Narragansett Beer all the way from New England. They stopped making this 25 years ago, and just started the brand up again. No one really liked it back in the day, but now it's nostalgia! :D

btw, TITWI great find on that. How did you locate it? Amazing!

zachass

Post by zachass » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:29 pm

Shambala wrote:Now that you know that you can get Stroh's in Reno, the novelty is not the same.
Damn it! I'd of never thought that until you suggested it. :all_a_fluster:

Well, on the positive side, I will be bringing a couple smallish kegs of homebrew. I mean, honestly Stroh's IS swill. It's just _my_ swill. ;)

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:15 am

I dunno. This board does seem to be a nexus for a brisk trade in Gennie.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

thisisthatwhichis

Post by thisisthatwhichis » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:04 am

Shambala wrote: btw, TITWI great find on that. How did you locate it? Amazing!
Ben's has been in town for many years. They usually carry specialty items or can likely order it.
TITWI

To be on the wire is life. The rest is waiting.
It's show time, folks.....Joe Gideon

Dustdevil
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: Brain Freeze / Got Stickers

Post by Dustdevil » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:22 am

Bens' also has a store in Winnemucca and the same owner has a store in Fernley. The Winnemucca store has the cheapest Tequila anywhere. We always stop by there and stock up for Brain Freeze Camp. They are very easy to work with. I would certainly try all the locations.
Those who think they can and those who think they can't are both right.

LostinReno
Burning Since: 2009

Post by LostinReno » Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:23 pm

Dustdevil wrote:Bens' also has a store in Winnemucca and the same owner has a store in Fernley. The Winnemucca store has the cheapest Tequila anywhere. We always stop by there and stock up for Brain Freeze Camp. They are very easy to work with. I would certainly try all the locations.
You guys beat me to it, Ben's is the best and it's just up the street from Save-Mart on Keystone in Reno (if you come from 80 from CA) If you like tequila, check out Milagro. IMO it's every bit as good as Patron silver and it's only $20.

dinks

Post by dinks » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:11 pm

I've never seen strohs any where in Reno, maybe Bens can order it. If you want I can ask next time I am there. Now if I could find a cold yuengling on the playa I would be in heaven.

mercury_988

Post by mercury_988 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:31 pm

I am in Michigan and if you still need help making your dreams come true (regarding beer only sorry no sexual favors) let me know. :)

Depending on my ride situation I may be able to drag some over for you, and since I am with the Golden Cafe I would be relatively ( relatively being the opportune word here) easy to locate on-playa.

zachass

Post by zachass » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:56 pm

Thanks for the offer merc. I'll keep in touch over the summer!

TomServo
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Black Rock City Assholes Union Local 668

Post by TomServo » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:29 am

I have an unopened can of Billie Beer. I was aware of restrictions, sending california wine. Had no idea beer was an issue. I haul beer for a living. Never seen stroh's in my area, but ill check our warehouse.
anything worth doing is worth overdoing..

zachass

Post by zachass » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:43 pm

Thanks Tom. Yeah, apparently there are licensing issues across state lines. Thanks for checking.

convenientlust

Post by convenientlust » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:40 pm

Wait, you can't bring beer (or any alcohol) across state lines?! I didn't know that.....

Just in case I read something wrong, if you find anyone coming from the east.. there is a place in Odgen, Utah (as per the Strohs' website):

GOLDEN BEVERAGE CO LLC 2361 B. AVENUE OGDEN 84401 8013993773

Atleast it wouldn't be that far of a haul. I would offer to help, but I can't promise anything because it's so far in advance.

zachass

Post by zachass » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:48 pm

convenientlust wrote:Wait, you can't bring beer (or any alcohol) across state lines?! I didn't know that.....

Just in case I read something wrong, if you find anyone coming from the east.. there is a place in Odgen, Utah (as per the Strohs' website):

Atleast it wouldn't be that far of a haul. I would offer to help, but I can't promise anything because it's so far in advance.
It's my understand that distribution has different laws than just you or I bringing a case of beer across state lines.

Interesting about the Utah factoid - I'm going to have to research this a bit more now.

Thanks!

TomServo
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Black Rock City Assholes Union Local 668

Post by TomServo » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:51 pm

convenientlust wrote:Wait, you can't bring beer (or any alcohol) across state lines?! I didn't know that.....

You can, you just can't ship it, without a liscenced shipper.

If they ask if your hauling fruits or vegetables, don't say alcohol...just to be safe. Thinkthe laws are more geared towards commercial distribution.
anything worth doing is worth overdoing..

Return to “2011 Share Resources”