ISO Person to use my disabled vehicle golf cart.

Materials and expertise...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let folks know here.
motskyroonmatick
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: B.R.C. Welding&Repair

ISO Person to use my disabled vehicle golf cart.

Post by motskyroonmatick » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:26 pm

I have a golf cart that I brought to the burn twice for an injured camp mate. It is playa proven and has a hand control for the accelerator and brake. I would like to loan it out to a person that would truly benefit by having the increased mobility it can provide.

We will work out the details off of the eplaya. This is gift but you will need to supply your own gas and camp relatively near where I camp(8:30 and F roughly).
Black Rock City Welding & Repair. The Night Time Warming Station. iGNiTE! Bar.

Card Carrying Member BRCCP.

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-

Token
Burning Since: 2001

Post by Token » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:42 pm

BRAVO!!!

What a kingly gift!

percussivepaul

Post by percussivepaul » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:57 pm

Just a little ways down the page is a person who needs exactly what you want to provide.
http://eplaya.burningman.org/viewtopic.php?t=35012

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:57 pm

i second that BRAVO ! This will make someones burn a little brighter.

motskyroonmatick

Post by motskyroonmatick » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:28 pm

Thanks guys!

I sent a PM off.

To anyone considering my offer....Contact me quickly as the deadline looms for the application.

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-

motskyroonmatick

Post by motskyroonmatick » Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:45 pm

I have found an awesome person to use Golficus Carticus.

Have a good burn everyone.

Minxy

Post by Minxy » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:26 pm

That is so cool. :)

oscillator

Post by oscillator » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:39 am

Kudos - that is just great.

POWERCHAIR

Post by POWERCHAIR » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:53 pm

We can use that cart at BRC Department of Mobility,
And it has hand controls. :D
And we have the DMV paper work in hand,
Pleas let us know.
And thanks for helping others with mobility at BRC :D

moonrise

Post by moonrise » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:38 pm

motskyroonmatick wrote:I have found an awesome person to use Golficus Carticus.

Have a good burn everyone.
I have been so stunned (and a lil bit sore from injury & doing preparations for my special needs etc etc) that I was going to wait until after my first burn to express my joy & happiness that Motz of BRC Welding & Repair has GIFTED me this AWESOME help! WoW!!!!!!!! There simply are not enough words in the dictionary to express my gratitude!!!!!!!!!

I am BLOWN AWAY and truly amazed...Golficus Carticus will enable me to enjoy my first burn beyond my wildest dreams!

I immediately asked Motz if I could bring extra gas and pass and the gift along by offering playa tours/rides (to the best of my abilty) to other disabled/hurt burners who wish to get out onto the playa or get a ride for ART and etc!!!!
Motz said "great idea!!!!!!!!"

Also, the eplayaians gave me the courage to muster up the moxie and give me that extra push to have a heart to heart with my doc and get my disabilty PLACARD RENEWED! The doctor did it without rolling his eyes and the show is now on the road! Gracias eplaya gang!!!!!!!!

Please try to understand that I won't know my limitations until I get onto the playa...but I will do my best to gift some rides! As discussed with Motz; I will be the sole, sober, designated driver. I rarely drink and I am ready to go go go go!......hehehe.....rarely drink means I can just do a night cap,,,,, because WE have places to go!!!!

I have also promptly been in touch with BRC Mobility and we will work out something that is manageable! After having a heart to heart with my main camp guy, he told me the outter ring alone is aproximately 6 miles! I was worried I'd be unable to do much on foot w/cane, bike=ouch! and walker..plz not the walker! (I simply cannot walk for more than 10 default world city blocks without difficulty kicking in around block 10! arg!) and then this amazing gift awaiting in my inbox and well.....Phew!

I do not want to over promise but I will splurge on some extra gas and share to the best of my ability....I have yet to work out the details with BRC Mobility and look forward to meeting with them soon!!!!! ....I'd like to keep this post short and end it with a BIG HUGE THANK YOU!!!!!!!! ~)'(~

GHRACIAS AMIGOS!!!!!!!!
I'm the MAN in a truck, burner who is stuck, you're in luck! I'll whip out my BIG tow chain and not charge you, not even one lousy buck!

POWERCHAIR

Post by POWERCHAIR » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:13 pm

Last edited by POWERCHAIR on Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

QueenQuill

Post by QueenQuill » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:17 am

moonrise wrote:
I immediately asked Motz if I could bring extra gas and pass and the gift along by offering playa tours/rides (to the best of my abilty) to other disabled/hurt burners who wish to get out onto the playa or get a ride for ART and etc!!!!
Motz said "great idea!!!!!!!!"
Hello, Moonrise and Motskyroonmatick! What an amazing gift the both of you are sharing! I was browsing the forums today, and came across this post. It really touched my heart.

I am a Burner and have been attending BM since 2004. I also happen to be disabled. I have a bad back, and can't do too much walking or other strenuous activity. This has limited my ability to do and see a lot of things at Burning Man. However, I've been lucky enough to be a part of the Lamplighter Village as long as I've been a Burner, which has afforded me to be close to a lot of the action on the Playa.

There are things I still miss out on because of lack of transportation. I can't ride a bike because, as Moonrise said, it's too painful. Because of my disability I am unable to work, and therefore don't have much in the way of money. Therefore I can't afford to purchase any kind of transportation to get me around the Playa. That leaves me only able to walk, and I can't do much of that.

So I have a proposition for you, Moonrise...if you would be willing to share your gift with me, I in turn would love to show you around the Playa and help to introduce you to the Burning Man experience as this is your first burn. I live and breathe Burning Man year round, and would love to share my knowledge with you. I'd love to explore with you...everything from the art, to the theme camps. If you're interested, please email me at [email protected].

Thanks to both Moonrise and Motskyroonmatick for being so willing to help others in need. I hope that others will learn from you, and pay it forward. Our world is a better place because of people like you. Thank you.

Peace, Love, Flame, and Dust,
-Ash
Peace, Love, Flame, and Dust -Ash

motskyroonmatick

Post by motskyroonmatick » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:11 pm

Awwww, Shucks! I'm getting all choked up.

I just do what I can where I can.

Thank you QueenQuill.

barjeff

Post by barjeff » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:19 am

Great gift for someone who could benefit from it. I presume it's probably quie fun darting around in one of those carts, so whoever gets it, enjoy!

motskyroonmatick

Post by motskyroonmatick » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:39 pm

barjeff wrote:Great gift for someone who could benefit from it. I presume it's probably quie fun darting around in one of those carts, so whoever gets it, enjoy!
It is already taken but yeah it is fun. The most fun I have had on it was driving it in the snow here in the winter. The playa is a strict 5mph zone and I worked on the golf cart to make it easily travel that speed. Speeding at burning man is really dangerous so it is good to have a vehicle that drives well slow. 5mph is really fast at nearly every intersection in the city.

Slow! It's the way to go. You get to see more that way.

Return to “2011 Share Resources”