where to stay pre-burn??

Materials and expertise...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let folks know here.
Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:48 pm

Super Evil Brian wrote:

I really didn't mean to start a forum shit storm earlier. :oops:
Quite a few vets on the forum, and some of us were rubbed a bit raw by neon tetra's posts on the subject.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

Dr. Pyro
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Post by Dr. Pyro » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:25 am

I am going to give this it's own seperate post, but beforehand I thought I'd put it here. I have negotiated a great deal with the people at the Sands Regency. Originally it was for those of us in Barbie Death Village, but since we are so kind hearted, I thought I would open it up to all of you. And no, I do not get anything in return. Here' s the deal:

If you stay August 28-September 1, it's only $25 a night. Perfect for those of you coming in Monday morning or flying in later during the week.

August 27 and September 2-4 is $65 a night. These rates are for up to four people in a room.

You must call (866) FUNSTAY [(866) 386-7829] and use the code BURN11.

The Sands Regency has (for free) a sauna with jacuzzi and steam bath, ice machines on every floor, and cheap cocktails. Enjoy everybody!

The Hustler
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by The Hustler » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:03 pm

That's cheap!
"I knew it was wrong, but I did it anyway."
Jesus fuckhole, what the fuck was that?
"Playa dust might be the cleanest, most corrosive filth you'll ever love," Savannah said.

Jiā yóu!

socks

Post by socks » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:33 pm

Doctor,
Well played

ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:43 pm

Dr. Pyro wrote:I am going to give this it's own seperate post, but beforehand I thought I'd put it here. I have negotiated a great deal with the people at the Sands Regency. Originally it was for those of us in Barbie Death Village, but since we are so kind hearted, I thought I would open it up to all of you. And no, I do not get anything in return. Here' s the deal:

If you stay August 28-September 1, it's only $25 a night. Perfect for those of you coming in Monday morning or flying in later during the week.

August 27 and September 2-4 is $65 a night. These rates are for up to four people in a room.

You must call (866) FUNSTAY begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              (866) FUNSTAY      end_of_the_skype_highlighting [(866) 386-7829] and use the code BURN11.

The Sands Regency has (for free) a sauna with jacuzzi and steam bath, ice machines on every floor, and cheap cocktails. Enjoy everybody!
In Florida, on spring break (years ago), I saw guys peeing in the ice machine....just sayin'............
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:15 pm

ygmir wrote:
Dr. Pyro wrote:I am going to give this it's own seperate post, but beforehand I thought I'd put it here. I have negotiated a great deal with the people at the Sands Regency. Originally it was for those of us in Barbie Death Village, but since we are so kind hearted, I thought I would open it up to all of you. And no, I do not get anything in return. Here' s the deal:

You must call (866) FUNSTAY begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              (866) FUNSTAY      end_of_the_skype_highlighting [(866) 386-7829] and use the code BURN11.

In Florida, on spring break (years ago), I saw guys peeing in the ice machine....just sayin'............
College boys are kinda disgusting...
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Elorrum
Camp Name: Baby fell in the Bucket

Post by Elorrum » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:37 pm

I've been thinking of staying overnight Sunday at Pyramid Lake. I found their website, with info on getting camping permit.

jcliff
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Lamplighter Village

Post by jcliff » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:58 am

Through Hotwire I booked at the Grand Sierra in Reno the night before and the night I'm leaving. $29 pre-burn, $35 post-burn. I stayed post burn last year and it was a really nice room for really cheap.

Solito

Guerilla Camping

Post by Solito » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:26 pm

Since I plan to be landing in Reno and getting a car on Saturday - I was planning on Guerilla camping somewhere just out of Reno... I've done it all over in Arizona and New Mexico - but can't officially condone it.

Just leave no trace, be sensible, and if LEO or a landowner approaches you can always state you were extremely tired and felt unsafe driving. I plan to enjoy some night air, paint and EL wire my bike, and eat some take-out that Saturday night.

I have no idea what the hell to do on Sunday day other than attempt to sleep and reverse my day/night schedule - but it's there should my luggage be delayed, or if some other unforseen shit hits the proverbial fan... then I'll be hitting the gate Monday morning in the dark of night with the rest of the gigglings.

Enjoy and Luck, everyone!
[color=orange]-Solito[/color]

Me encontrare abajo del sol, y solito pues. Hasta cuando me llego a casa - solito no mas, y sin querer.

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:46 am

Drive up to Pyramid Lake, pay the $5 permit fee and camp on the rez land. Very nice.

chelzuppan

Post by chelzuppan » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:07 am

for those of you who want to save some money and don't mind camping days before and after there are camp sites located along the rivers leading from tahoe to reno. I have never had to pay for a site but if a ranger comes a long you might. i believe they have bathrooms and coin shows, also a river near by ;). This is a local renoite. Also Sand is usually a very local relaxed hotel.

natep1098

Post by natep1098 » Thu May 26, 2011 6:27 am

I'd like to get back on topic...

I probably could get down to reno or wherever, but once I'm there, I likely have no way to get to BM easily.

I really do not want to take my car for this trip as I heard a bit about deserts and cars not mixing and that worries me.

Where's the best location for me to stay, and besides trading (I'm going to start a thread on trading a ride) how would I best get to BM?
I awake to a world I do not recognize and yet, recognizing the world is a sensation that I haven't experienced in ages. Good morning world, I've been asleep for a long time.

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Thu May 26, 2011 6:35 am

Tens of thousands of people take their cars to Burning Man, and they are none the worse for a week on the playa. Really, a little preventive dust control, and post playa clean up, your car will be fine. Unless it is a POS which cannot make the trip.

You can unofficially rideshare here on Share Resources, but the official rideshare board comes up in June.

Elorrum

Post by Elorrum » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:47 pm

Got my permits for pyramid Lake. I wasn't sure about the terms for the fees, so I got camping and day use, for the 28th. 9 and 6 bucks respectively. The camping permit said it was valid from sunset to sunrise. I wondered about afternoon, mid-day etc. $15, and I'm looking forward to it.
I get to use my little cot tent, and won't have to break out all the gear for what I hope will be a nice relaxing evening. Getting ready for Burning Man is so tiring, and then to cram end to end the packing and driving and setting up camp... it was just too much last year. Getting an early start won't be a problem since I'm sort of hardwired these days to 4:30 waking. Plus I'll be arriving a day earlier than in the past.

Anybody ever camped at Pyramid lake? what sort of camping is it? campgrounds? windy? shady? trees?
"Ask again later." - Magic 8-Ball

Elderberry
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:26 pm

Those cot tents are really nifty.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

Elorrum

Post by Elorrum » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:57 pm

Image :D
"Ask again later." - Magic 8-Ball

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:03 am

I may have to get one for next year.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

snake

Post by snake » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:58 am

camping at pyramid lake...it's a desert lake so no trees for shade. and watch out for ghosts and waterbabies.

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:23 pm

and noseeums...

peacefulhuman

Post by peacefulhuman » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:10 pm

Elorrum wrote:Image :D
Elorrum, that cot tent is awesome! I've never seen one before, and it seems like the perfect pre-burn solution for camping. I would like to camp on the way up but the idea of dragging all my burn gear out of a packed car to set up a tent for a few hours overnight isn't cool. Thanks for the tip! :D

Return to “2011 Share Resources”