Anyone looking for large ziplock baggies

Materials and expertise...whether you need them or have them to share, you can let folks know here.
Bob Bitchen

Anyone looking for large ziplock baggies

Post by Bob Bitchen » Thu May 26, 2011 4:49 am

FYI :D

I found at Walmart they have 2 gallon ziplock baggies for sale. :D
Also at Lowes they have 10 gallon ziplock baggies for sale. :D
they also have even larger ones & space bags. :D

I learned that putting my stuff in ziplock baggies really helped alot to keep things clean until you needed them. 8)

I read it somewhere for my first burn last year while reading all of the stuff.

I remember when reading it the person who wrote it wished they made larger ziplock baggies well they do. :!:

Just a heads up. 8)
Bob Bitchen

Those who want to be seen will never be seen even if they have already been seen.

Fuck Um if they can't take a Joke & Joke em if they can't take a Fuck.

Don't sweat the petty things just pet the sweaty things.

Bob Bitchen

Post by Bob Bitchen » Thu May 26, 2011 4:50 am

Sorry ment to put on Open Disscusion :roll:
Bob Bitchen

Those who want to be seen will never be seen even if they have already been seen.

Fuck Um if they can't take a Joke & Joke em if they can't take a Fuck.

Don't sweat the petty things just pet the sweaty things.

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Thu May 26, 2011 7:06 am

I'm a big user of zip lock bags for the playa. The two gallon bags are handy. They also sell them at the 99 cent store.

Also, space bags suck! They don't hold their vacuum longer than a few months. I wrote the company for a refund and they told me that they needed to be resealed every few months. Funny that their commercials don't seem to acknowledge that fact. That sort of makes them useless.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

Minxy

Post by Minxy » Thu May 26, 2011 8:03 am

Nice find, Bob! Dang, I was just out shopping for stuff yesterday and didn't see these. ARGH.

C.f.M.
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Stag Camp 810&D

Post by C.f.M. » Thu May 26, 2011 8:12 am

Space Bags are a total waste of money. I found they actually took up more space because you end up with this solid brick of clothes. Rolling and stuffing is much more effective.

I get my over-sized plastic bags at the dollar store. Well, I did. I have a stash, now, so I haven't had to get more in a year or so.

ETA: I use them mostly to organize. Costumes and all accessories (hair shit, jewelry, make-up, etc.) go in a bag together. All socks go in a bag. Etc. Not so much at BM, with the costumes, but for regionals it makes it easy to find stuff (and then set it out of the way after I've worn it).

jcliff
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Lamplighter Village

Post by jcliff » Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:45 pm

I'm looking for some body bags if anyone knows where to score them. I also need a meat grinder. And...let's keep this post on the down-low if ya know what I mean. :)

Copa

Picked up these

Post by Copa » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:06 pm

Hey all -

Thanks for posting this. Got me motivated to go out tonight and find some big bags. At a Dollar Store in Denver I picked up a dozen 24 in x 20 in handle style zip locs with pleated bottom. The Home Depot I stopped at was a no go. These seem like a great fit for organizing stuff and keeping the dust out.

There was easily another 30 bags available.

Thanks for sharing where to look.

jonown88

Re: Picked up these

Post by jonown88 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:29 am

Copa wrote:Hey all -

Thanks for posting this. Got me motivated to go out tonight and find some big bags. At a Dollar Store in Denver I picked up a dozen 24 in x 20 in handle style zip locs with pleated bottom. The Home Depot I stopped at was a no go. These seem like a great fit for organizing stuff and keeping the dust out.

There was easily another 30 bags available.
thanks for sharing this info of bags. 8) :)

Return to “2011 Share Resources”