Bay Area newbie looking for crafty camp

Postby Catballou » Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:44 pm

I'm a hard worker and I'm good at most kinds of arts & crafts. Would love to get involved with a group doing hair wraps, braiding, henna tatoos, jewelry making, etc. I have an extra ticket at this point, and might be interested in going in on an RV rental.
Catballou

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:16 am

Cat--I'm going to be camping at ESD with my husband, one of the medics, but I have a crafting jones. Maybe if you like we can hook up on playa.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Catballou » Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:30 pm

Sure. I like to play with fish ;). What's the ESD?
Catballou

Postby mamagrrl » Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:22 pm

You might want to check out Iron Rose. We're based in the Redwood City/Fremont area.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ironroseevents/

We're doing a LOT of crafty stuff pre-playa. Had a mutant game table making day last weekend. Turned out AWESOME in an Mutant-Martha-Stewart sort of way. (and wouldn't we all love to mutate martha stewart?) Stitch 'n bitches every other week to get our playa-couture ready. A mutant vehicle to futz on - a field of enormous (and tiny) misting-flowers in process... and decorating the juke joint. That's underway too. Creative and Crafty fun all over.

On-playa, we have a Pyramid of Perfection that's open for Iron Rose campers (and others) as a place to offer services. We've got a men's toenail painting gig already placed and have more room for other folks too.

We're all about the no-personal-drama, though. We like a cozy, friendly camp, eh?!
mamagrrl

Return to 2005 Theme Camps