Tesla Coil Performer and Laser Show

xefxproductions

Tesla Coil Performer and Laser Show

Post by xefxproductions » Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:47 pm

Project CEREBRO

Hello fellow Burners! we are looking for some help for this year. We have a Tesla Coil that stands 11 feet high and throws out about 1,500,000 volts of electricity at our performer. We also have a high powered ARGON laser that would do very nice shooting over the playa. We also have one of the best DJ's in the world coming out to perform, but we need your help! We are looking for generators; large ones... we need one with a 50 amp 220-240 volt connection, and one with a 20-30 amp 220-240 volt connection. Anyone that wants to bring their tables would be nice, as well as any small generators. We could also use set up people, performers, and volunteer fire dancers would be fabulous. This project will be totally funded by your support, so any donations or other help would be greatly appreciated! Please email us with any possibilities... Thanks for your time, and burn baby burn!
Fusty Pickle McSnyde

NEXUS

www.nexusorg.org

robotland

Post by robotland » Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:14 am

Nice to know there'll be some ZAP! on the playa.....Megavolt's on hiatus.
Howdy From Kalamazoo

DancesWithElves
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Distrikt

Did someone say DJ?

Post by DancesWithElves » Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:18 pm

Hi! I'm can't help with your equipment needs, but I'd like to make a musical connection. I have a web site, http://www.playatunes.com, where I'm collecting the music that goes drifting across the playa. If your DJ is open to the idea of recording the sets from your camp (using your equipment or mine), I'd love to get things set up ahead of time!

It seems to be difficult to get this stuff sorted out once we all get back from the event, so the earlier we can connect the better.

Thanks!
-Karen aka DancesWithElves
She who must be obeyed

xefxproductions

[size=24][color=darkblue]UPDATE [/color][/size]

Post by xefxproductions » Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:37 pm

Thanks to NEXUS NEBULA, we have found our gen and stage. We are still in need of your support to build a secondary for the coil and a new toroid. We are still welcoming anoyone who would like to participate in fire dancing or in other performances. If you have a talent and want to get involved we want to know! Also, as stated earlier, your support is what's getting us out there. Any donation will help greatly. We are not for profit and do shows all over for not for profit agencies. We are able to continue this through donations from giving souls such as you! We hope to give you a great experience, and we hope you help us bring it to you. Thanks again to the folks who have already helped!

Burn Baby Burn!

J~Bird
Fusty Pickle McSnyde

NEXUS

www.nexusorg.org

Peacekeeper

Post by Peacekeeper » Sat Jul 16, 2005 12:54 pm

Communique commences.

The UN Peacekeepers accept your high energy mandate and have voted to UNilaterally give Props (yo!) to you and your Futuristic Ways. If only poor Nikolai could see us now.

Insert Personal Log Exerpt here;
UNsecurity Clearance Code BM/2005/Luv.Th3.Sc1enc3

"...what a pity Tesla himself could never get to see the enjoyment and wonder his most famous creation brings to so many people at our Wondrous Thing in the Desert. There is nothing that gets my hopeful and slighty teary eyed connection with science, and illustrates our ability to finally, and anthropo-chronologically recent ability to begin to use the raw energy of nature than to see someone fire up a Tesla coil. I have nothing but RESPECT and even goodnatured LOVE for anyone who brings a Tesla coil into the public sphere, to share the mindbending and primal energies of the electromagnetic force with the rest of us. Joy and Goodwill to all of you involved with this project, you guys absolutely rock, and your setup will rock the minds of many, many people this year. Stormin'!!!! While not recieving the credit he was due in his own lifetime, it is a fitting tribute to an innovator such as Tesla that particularly amongst such a scienticfically plugged in and appreciative community as BurningMan, his work and technologies instill and inspire such joy and wonder. Shit, I'm almost crying with thankfullness for the man here, I better calm down..."

The UN Peacekeepers will be out in force to give your Project the Love it deserves. Meantime Peace and International Goodwill to all concerned.

End Communication

xefxproductions

[size=24][color=green]Response to Peacekeeper[/color][/size]

Post by xefxproductions » Sat Jul 16, 2005 1:24 pm

Thanks for the props, even Tesla himself would have softened up for that! I am glad there are so many people that enjoy seeing energy displayed in such a fashion, and we will be even happier if we reach even just one person, and open their minds to... who knows, the universe? Or love just for starters ;) Can't wait to see all of you on the Playa!

Peace

J~Bird Out
Fusty Pickle McSnyde

NEXUS

www.nexusorg.org

unjonharley
Camp Name: Elliot's naked bycycel repair

Post by unjonharley » Sat Jul 16, 2005 8:40 pm

Construction rental, big gennies. Drop the cap lock. It's not nice to shout.
I'm the contraptioneer your mother warned you about.

xefxproductions

????

Post by xefxproductions » Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:10 pm

I believe cap lock LOOKS SOMETHING LIKE THIS

I don't understand these types of posts and I doubt if I ever will? It is my nature to be colorful, type big... Lol there are other threads
Fusty Pickle McSnyde

NEXUS

www.nexusorg.org

unjonharley
Camp Name: Elliot's naked bycycel repair

Re: ????

Post by unjonharley » Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:18 pm

xefxproductions wrote:I believe cap lock LOOKS SOMETHING LIKE THIS

I don't understand these types of posts and I doubt if I ever will? It is my nature to be colorful, type big... Lol there are other threads
~
Don't be suprised if this board stiffs you. Your making and ass of yourself. I told you where to find your power supply. Now fuck off.
I'm the contraptioneer your mother warned you about.

Mr Handyman

Post by Mr Handyman » Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:07 am

Ummmm..........

[quote]~

Construction rental, big gennies. Drop the cap lock. It's not nice to shout.

Don't be suprised if this board stiffs you. Your making and ass of yourself. I told you where to find your power supply. Now fuck off.[quote]

It's also not nice to tell someone to fuck off!!!

Show a little respect and class why don't you?

To Mr. xefxproductions

For what it's worth...YOU AREN'T MAKING AN ASS OF YOURSELF...AND I THANK YOU FOR CONTRIBUTING SOMETHING POSITIVE TO THE FESTIVAL...!!!

GOOD JOB!!!
yeah...what that smart person over there said!

xefxproductions

Thanks

Post by xefxproductions » Sun Jul 17, 2005 6:11 pm

Thanks for your kind words Handyman. I hope you enjoy the show, and by all means come by and chat a bit!
As far as the other thing goes, thank you for the information about the gen. I did not ask where to get one but asked if someone was bringing one or could, to help out on costs for doing the show. However, insinuating that someone is shouting because of a "cap locks" when in fact the cap lock was not on is just plain ignorant (ignorant meaning ignoring fact, and the fact is that the cap lock was not on). Besides that, you came into a thread that was not your own, and commented negatively on the format that was chosen for the posts. Truly, I didn't understand why someone would do that. Then you write back cursing... I think that only verifies the assumption of ignorance on the first post. Also, stating that I will get stiffed on this board because you were offended makes no sense, unless you represent the community that I am doing this show for. It seems funny a coment would be made like that, what if a piece of art was mistaken as something you didn't like, would you then make a coment on that? I will not be commenting anymore on this ridiculous issue... I just wanted to give you an idea of where I am coming from.
Fusty Pickle McSnyde

NEXUS

www.nexusorg.org

Kinetic IV

Post by Kinetic IV » Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:36 pm

After rereading the thread I think it's a little presumtuous to walk in, say I'm setting up a project and I'd like for you to bring a genny and all sorts of stuff to make it go. This is an event that's founded on radical self reliance or if that's considered dead, it's about preplanning and having things organized before you go. I don't see other camps and attractions soliciting heavy equipment like this.

I think the project itself is cool as can be...there's a whole bunch of us that love tesla coils and especially lasers. But perhaps you could have organized a fund raiser and did this ahead of time...that way you could have locked in a generator that you know would meet your needs. I'm not trying to rip you..but I hope my point is coming across. The playa provides...I can vouch for that. But don't overdo it. Generators and fuel are a bit much.

As for the font, yeah it's not all caps. But for those who speedread/ skim it sure looked like that. It's a little out of the norm from what we're used to seeing. But that's our problem, if you use the larger font we'll have to get used to it. Or bombard you with smilies or something to compensate... </soapbox>
K-IV
~~~~
Thank you for over 7 years of eplaya memories. I have asked Emily Sparkle to delete my account and I am gone. Goodbye and Goodluck to all of you! I will miss you!

xefxproductions

Cool

Post by xefxproductions » Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:08 pm

Defiantly a respectable view. To give some insight, We did not plan on performing at BM this year until just recently. It was suggested to me from some members of the ORG that I ask folks on here if someone would be interested in helping out. It is radical self reliance, but also community based, and through that we all thought that it would be a possibility that someone would have something available. Art installations like this are usually at least partly funded but because of the time we were unable to apply, hence the reason for this post in the first place.
Like I said before, we have our gen, anyone that would be interested in any performing should let us know, or if anyone has something else they would like to contribute that would be cool as well.
I hope everyone enjoys what we are bringing, and if anyone has any questions please let us know! Thanks for the input :) :P
Fusty Pickle McSnyde

NEXUS

www.nexusorg.org

Peacekeeper

Post by Peacekeeper » Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:46 pm

Kinetic IV wrote: This is an event that's founded on radical self reliance or if that's considered dead, it's about preplanning...

I think the project itself is cool as can be.... The playa provides...I can vouch for that. But don't overdo it. Generators and fuel are a bit much.

It's a little out of the norm from what we're used to seeing. But that's our problem, if you use the larger font we'll have to get used to it.

Now, you already know, I love your project. kinetic however, is right, to point out that the event is Radically self reliant. You've got your genny, which is seems probably the most important step, so in real terms, everything else is probably cosmetic, and maybe in view of that fact, its something you can organise yourselves. The reason Unjon said what he did to you is that he is an extremely active member of this board, and as such, IS probably qualified to suggest what may or may not typically(not always) play well around here. But equally, Kinetic also says right when he mentions that font interpretation problems are a problem with the beholder, not the writer: after all, you feel free to express yourself how you want, fakkin go for it....

However, all technicalities aside, i for one cant wait to see you guys fire her up on the playa! And still, you Rock!!!

Matthew James

Post by Matthew James » Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:06 pm

If you have any open DJ slots I would love to play for you. I can also bring a 4 channel DJ mixer.

[email protected]

if you would like a preview www.vinyljockeys.com/matthew_james.htm
"Hydrogen created stars. Stars, in turn, created all other forms of matter. That matter became planets and sentient life. People study the universe. Humanity is the universe trying to understand itself." - The Science Channel.

epimm

Fire Needed

Post by epimm » Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:24 pm

Sign me up for some fire performance...
Just need to know where and wehn (please tell me NOT the burn cuz Im on Conclave duty already...)
DJ Erin aka Gemini

joel the ornery
Burning Since: 1998
Location: i'm the snarky one in your worst fucking nightmares

Post by joel the ornery » Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:56 pm

Mr Handyman wrote:
It's also not nice to tell someone to fuck off!!!

Show a little respect and class why don't you?
Please fuck off!

Bitterman

huh?

Post by Bitterman » Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:41 pm

Mister big type sounds like some kinda self promoter (minus the fiscal responsibility that goes along with that definition). "Hey look at me! I'm writing big! I've got big plans! But I'm not bringing any of the materials because I'm the idea man! You should all come a-flockin' to me and my
All Star Cast of Superstar DJ's from around the world! "

This kinda thing has made my stomach upset ever since Emerald City, when that rich guy paid the artist to build his monsterous glowing towers, paid the crew to set up, paid the catering company to feed and clean up, paid the actors to dress up in the paid for movie replica costumes, and paid for the "performers" to wiggle and girate on the main stage. All so his ego could sit behind the screen and say "I'm the all powerful Oz blah blah blah". What a chump. What a bust. What a scene. We walked by, saw all the springbreakers sitting quietly watching the "show". All the mardi gras beads gleaming in the neon light. All their mouths agape. BLEEECCHH!

I tell you what buddy, if you have the wrong intentions and take it to the playa, it stinks more than my salame and sour shoes worn for 10 days inna row without socks. Us ol' vets can spot you phonies a mile a way. Don't come to the playa and expect a big welcome if your intention is self promotion for you business. You won't be a big-shot out there just because you bring DJ Spooky or something like that. Black Rock City aint that kinda show bub. Go to L.A. or Vegas.
Bah! Psshhh!

dj big E

Lmao

Post by dj big E » Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:30 pm

:twisted: grrrr lmao . I hope to see you're coil in full arc. Good luck

redoils

Post by redoils » Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:25 am

dont know what all this bolox is about font and stuff. just look somewhere else if you dont like it or read on if it floats yer boat.
and the generator? wow . to have a project like this on the playa is fantastic i'nit? lets just get on and have a great time. i am very excited to see what lovely electric toys produce this year .
if you need any help jsut give me a shout. caps , small whatever. i'd love to get involved with such an exciting performance. I can play with fire too if you need soe of that...

cheers

jbelson

Re: huh?

Post by jbelson » Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:32 pm

Bitterman wrote:Mister big type sounds like some kinda self promoter (minus the fiscal responsibility that goes along with that definition). "Hey look at me! I'm writing big! I've got big plans! But I'm not bringing any of the materials because I'm the idea man! You should all come a-flockin' to me and my
All Star Cast of Superstar DJ's from around the world! "

This kinda thing has made my stomach upset ever since Emerald City, when that rich guy paid the artist to build his monsterous glowing towers, paid the crew to set up, paid the catering company to feed and clean up, paid the actors to dress up in the paid for movie replica costumes, and paid for the "performers" to wiggle and girate on the main stage. All so his ego could sit behind the screen and say "I'm the all powerful Oz blah blah blah". What a chump. What a bust. What a scene. We walked by, saw all the springbreakers sitting quietly watching the "show". All the mardi gras beads gleaming in the neon light. All their mouths agape. BLEEECCHH!

I tell you what buddy, if you have the wrong intentions and take it to the playa, it stinks more than my salame and sour shoes worn for 10 days inna row without socks. Us ol' vets can spot you phonies a mile a way. Don't come to the playa and expect a big welcome if your intention is self promotion for you business. You won't be a big-shot out there just because you bring DJ Spooky or something like that. Black Rock City aint that kinda show bub. Go to L.A. or Vegas.
Ahhh. You can always count on the e-playa for support from fellow burners. Defining community one post at a time.
"I gotta have more cowbell"
Bruce dickenson, legendary rock producer

xefxproductions

Post by xefxproductions » Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:13 pm

There is always those few... To address your concern bitterman

"Mister big type sounds like some kinda self promoter (minus the fiscal responsibility that goes along with that definition)."

Go but a large tesla coil, laser, trailer and everything else that goes into it and tell me there is no "fiscal" responsibility. The playa DESTROYS coils, and because I have not taken any funding from BM what so ever, I would say that mr big type has some worries, especially since our company is not for profit?!?!?!

"Hey look at me! I'm writing big!
I've got big plans! But I'm not bringing any of the
materials because I'm the idea man! You should all come
a-flockin' to me and my All Star Cast of Superstar
DJ's from around the world!"

again, not bringing materials? good grief

"This kinda thing has made my stomach upset ever since
Emerald City, when that rich guy paid the artist to build
his monsterous glowing towers, paid the crew to set up,
paid the catering company to feed and clean up, paid the
actors to dress up in the paid for movie replica costumes,
and paid for the "performers" to wiggle and girate on the
main stage. All so his ego could sit behind the screen and
say "I'm the all powerful Oz blah blah blah". What a chump.
What a bust. What a scene. We walked by, saw all the
springbreakers sitting quietly watching the "show". All
the mardi gras beads gleaming in the neon light. All their
mouths agape. BLEEECCHH!

I tell you what buddy, if you have the wrong intentions
and take it to the playa, it stinks more than my salame
and sour shoes worn for 10 days inna row without socks.
Us ol' vets can spot you phonies a mile a way. Don't come
to the playa and expect a big welcome if your intention is
self promotion for you business. You won't be a big-shot
out there just because you bring DJ Spooky or something
like that. Black Rock City aint that kinda show bub. Go
to L.A. or Vegas."

I have been to BM so I am aware of what is going on... I am there to have fun, as well as everyone involved in the camp. No one is paid. Nobody is any more important than anyone else. The DJ we are bringing is loosing her ass in expenses because she is doin it for free as well. We are not a Vegas attraction. We are a group of folks that like to get people to step out of their box, out of their illusion by any means nessasary. We asked for help because we are not for profit, we have no big financial backers... BM Org suggested I ask for help here as people are usually so supportive to causes such as this, especially when no funding is taken from BM. Thats about all I have to say about that.

To the rest of you, thank you all so much for your response to a call! We have all bases covered for power. If you are interested in performing, playing with fire, banging on drums, running naked in circle or whatever it is you do, please let me know and we will gladly incorporate you in the mad frenzy of lovin' people! Can't wait to see you all on the Playa!
Fusty Pickle McSnyde

NEXUS

www.nexusorg.org

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:21 pm

Megavolt loves you.
Be good.
Obey your parents.
Stay in school.

Rabbi Dali Rick

..............shocking isn't it?.....

Post by Rabbi Dali Rick » Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:33 pm

Blessed be your project. May it inheirt the earth.

piously,
the rebbi

Return to “2005 Theme Camps”