Laudanum Bars?

Cabanasprings

Post by Cabanasprings » Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:23 am

Bay Bridge Sue wrote:AND maybe you missed that one of the lead female roles in one of the biggest TV hits the past year or so (Emma Garrett in Deadwood) was a Laudinum addict, and the other (Trixie) is a recovering addict, as were a lot of people back then.

IF you think LEO's don't know what it is, you're seriously mistaken. No, in fact, if you're of that belief, you gotta be (pardon the vulgarity) fucking crazy. ESPECIALLY since you mentioned it on a list and topic I can pretty much guarantee they're monitoring. Further... My ex- was in Law Enforcement. I know a god-awful lot of LEO's. That's their job, to know this stuff - and all the ones I know of - do.

Add to this Pershing County S.O. has basically said this year they're cracking down hard on bars for underage drinking - bet if you have a bar and have, um, "illegal activities" going on you'll get the free tour to Lovelock, and prolly get your camp shut down.

Is it worth it? You tell me. IF you like to spend your time in BRC dealing with LEO's, getting your camp raided and getting you and your campmates hauled off go right ahead and publicise how you plan on having a bar that serves Absinthe or Laudinum tinctures (yeech) or opiates or any other controlled or prohibited substance.

If nothing else, by posting this highly stupid and irresponsible "request", if they somehow *didn't* know... they do now, and will be watching *all* of us that much closer. Thanks a lot.

BBS
IMHO - I pretty much guarantee the LEO's know you smoke way too much pot because you are so fucking paranoid about the LEO's reading this board. Could you possibly beat this further to death. Oh my god. How fucking stupid do *you* have to be to think that they will be watching us closer *now* - please? It's free fucking speech. Which I admit you have as much right to as anyone. (But shouldn't)

And to quote you "ESPECIALLY since you mentioned it on a list and topic I can pretty much guarantee they're monitoring. "

What the fuck is "pretty much guaranteed?" Is that like being "a little bit pregnant?" And what is your guaranttee? You'll refund us the price of our ticket if you are wrong. Fucking Please.

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:59 pm

Do a search for Black Rock Lover and read some of his posts. A LEO right there. And as I've hung with LEALs and Rangers and they seem to believe that LEOs do read here and they are likely to have interacted with LEOs and discussed the topic I tend to believe them.

Some of the posters here are lucky Mr. Darwin doesn't read the board.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

actiongrl

Post by actiongrl » Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:04 pm

Speaking as a moderator, folks: the only reason I haven't pulled this thread for violation of TOS is that I assumed it was parody, sarcasm. But it's on shaky ground, and I'd suggest that we remember this is not the place to discuss illegal activities.

Lassen Forge
Location: Where it's always... Wednesday. Don't lose your head over it.

Post by Lassen Forge » Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:03 pm

actiongrl wrote:Speaking as a moderator, folks: the only reason I haven't pulled this thread for violation of TOS is that I assumed it was parody, sarcasm. But it's on shaky ground, and I'd suggest that we remember this is not the place to discuss illegal activities.
Considering the personal attack above (of which I am finding it hard to hold my tounge over) I kind of wish you would.

I'm all for free speech (unlike CS above) but when it sinks to a personal attack - and especially toward someone using slander and whatnot, to someone they don't even know - maybe it should be over.

As it is - I wasn't talking out my tushie, or making up stuff all by myself. I still have "ears" in the LE community (being married to one for 10 years has it's benefits, even now!) and a few of those, um, "acquaintances" were kind enough to clue me in after I told them my plans for the end of August.

TIA,
BBS

EvilDustBooger

Post by EvilDustBooger » Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:07 pm

Kinetic IV

Post by Kinetic IV » Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:19 pm

Hmmm....about the only thing missing from this discussion would be talking about the use of Laudanum and if it was used by Hitler and the German forces during WWII. I wonder if it was one of his many recreational drugs of choice like some of the other outlawed things are.
K-IV
~~~~
Thank you for over 7 years of eplaya memories. I have asked Emily Sparkle to delete my account and I am gone. Goodbye and Goodluck to all of you! I will miss you!

Cabanasprings

Post by Cabanasprings » Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:20 pm

Sweet - BBS - You refer to another poster as "Fucking Crazy" and then you get all butthurt because of what I said. And please look up slander, even though it's difficult to understand if you think you slandered me or I slandered you, but no one was slandered.

Please read this and tell me if you are as confused by this statement as I am.

Quote BBS "I'm all for free speech (unlike CS above) but when it sinks to a personal attack - and especially toward someone using slander and whatnot, to someone they don't even know - maybe it should be over."

I was the one that said you have a right to free speech as well as others and are you saying I personally attacked you and you were using slander.
Wow.

I really am curious about some other points of view here.

Fishhead says "Some of the posters here are lucky Mr. Darwin doesn't read the board." So what. What if Mr. Darwin read this board. Is my left eye gonna fall out. Is my dog going to die. What does this empty threat mean. Is Mr. Darwin going to go camp to camp asking for some guy named Canbanasprings on the BM Epalya and then arrest me. No one here has done anything against the law and nothing said here is going to change things.

If the LEO's know everything, as you folks suggest, then the LEO's know. We are not providing any information they don't already have. No crimes have been committed.

Done - I promise.

Kinetic IV

Post by Kinetic IV » Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:25 pm

Watch the typos there Cabanasprings. Your post was starting to read like a Porky Pig script or....a Rex Skates post. (YIKES!)

Actiongrl, add my voice to those reluctantly thinking that closing this thread would be a public service.
K-IV
~~~~
Thank you for over 7 years of eplaya memories. I have asked Emily Sparkle to delete my account and I am gone. Goodbye and Goodluck to all of you! I will miss you!

Ron

Post by Ron » Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:30 pm

Any fan of Deadwood would know what it was. Wonder how many cops like that show?

Ron, a recent fan of it hisownself...

Cabanasprings

Post by Cabanasprings » Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:34 pm

Kinetic IV wrote:Watch the typos there Cabanasprings. Your post was starting to read like a Porky Pig script or....a Rex Skates post. (YIKES!)

Actiongrl, add my voice to those reluctantly thinking that closing this thread would be a public service.
Typos? What? Excuse me Mr. Speaker. The floor has decided that since K4 is infact himself the love child of Porky Pig and Rex Skates, he reluctantly is not allowed to have a voice.

Badger

Post by Badger » Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:55 pm

Well, for one, my brother is a state trooper, and I've been many, many gatherings of his bretherin, both professionally and socially. There, I've discussed at length drugs, drug law, corrections, law enforcement tactics, seizure, 4th amendment law, etc etc. I'm very opinionated on the subject, as you may have noticed. Most LEO's are woefully undereducated about anything off the standard chart of drugs of abuse. Hell, I've had to educate doctors about quite a few recreational pharmacueticals.
Not meaning to kick harder but what you've posted is anectdotal evidence at best. Not to discount your experiences or anything. I'll will say that your statement about general LEO ignorance is not buttressed by your reply. I might easily counter that my work as a BR Ranger puts several of us in almost constant contact with LEO personnel throughout the year and that in my seven years of Rangering I've had plenty of face time with these guys. If you think for one minute that any of them are just a bunch of dumb-ass, gun slinging hicks I'd argue to the contrary. I'll also add that I think your all too quick dismissal of the average LEO's level of information is the very type of mindset that all too many people assume just before they find themselves in cuffs and heading for Lovelock because they assumed stupidity/incompetence/ignorance on the part of local law enforcement.
Desert dogs drink deep.

helitack
Burning Since: 2004

Post by helitack » Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:59 pm

Not to mention that opiates can be a FEDERAL rap too.
Actively helping President Trump build the wall

Winning hearts and minds in lovely TexMexistan...

Kinetic IV

Post by Kinetic IV » Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:10 pm

Cabanasprings....
I love you too...but it takes more than a statement like that to silence me. But while I'm speaking again I've wondered since the first day you came on here if you were a sock. Your latest attack posts did nothing but reinforce that thought. Maybe I'm wrong...won't be the first or last time that's happened but I thought I'd throw it out there. You stir the pot better than many a troll we've seen on here over the past couple of years. Anyway I'll shut up but again I wonder about the Hitler connection.
K-IV
~~~~

Lassen Forge

Post by Lassen Forge » Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:44 pm

Funny...

Follows me around the board like a troll. Stirs up the dung like a troll. Says "I'm done" but then continues to post (like a troll)...

Then this troll (sorry, gotta call 'em as I see em) posts about illegal drugs on the commerce thread. More than once. Does so knowingly.

Maybe said person should change their name to "CluelessSpun".

The Biblical quote (Proverbs 11:9) is cute tho... kinda fits the archetype.

Later...
BBS

Cabanasprings

Post by Cabanasprings » Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:17 pm

***PLONK***

Kinetic IV

Post by Kinetic IV » Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:04 pm

Judging by the reaction if it wasn't a direct hit it was close enough.
Anyway, let's move on. And to think I even tried invoking the Godwin's Law rule. It failed due to that damn corollary law. Damn the luck.
K-IV
~~~~

spectabillis
Burning Since: 2020

Post by spectabillis » Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:00 pm

Yeah, I think things can be brought down a notch.

Badger

Post by Badger » Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:45 pm

Maybe said person should change their name to "CluelessSpun".

The Biblical quote (Proverbs 11:9) is cute tho... kinda fits the archetype.

Later...
BBS
<swoon!!!>
Desert dogs drink deep.

desertswine

Post by desertswine » Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:55 am

"you are all fucking doomed",as many of you are typing your concerns over this,yes the LEO'S do monitor the e-playa boards,what may seem a harmless discussion to all of us,some others(leo's) do get grant $$$ for this type of enforcement.I know from experience.Lothos

EvilDustBooger

Post by EvilDustBooger » Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:02 am

Hey , Lets lose this thread, and take our aggressions out here :

http://www.somethingwrong.co.uk/crazy_frog_baseball/

spectabillis
Burning Since: 2020

Post by spectabillis » Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:38 pm

it will probably just die the slow painful death it deserves.

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:01 pm

We could... we could...medicate the pain.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.

Lassen Forge

Post by Lassen Forge » Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:43 pm

Fishie, you are sooooo bad.... no wonder you're so good!

Hugs,
BBS

helitack
Burning Since: 2004

Post by helitack » Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:46 pm

Think antibiotics would help?
Actively helping President Trump build the wall

Winning hearts and minds in lovely TexMexistan...

solaritea

antibiotics never hurt anybody

Post by solaritea » Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:55 pm

I was wondering last night if the LEO's were getting as incensed about the potential antibiotic camp as they must be about this potential laudanum camp. . .

Clownsuit

Post by Clownsuit » Sat Jul 23, 2005 2:04 am

Of course, the LEO's are interested in the illicit prescription of anti biotics. They nearly lick the screen in anticipation of someone mentioning transferring a prescription antiobiotic to another person with out the proper authority of the governing body of the US of motherfuckin' A. They even have satellites. And like, robots, and shit. Just watch. Last year, I hear they even had a camp called Guns and Dope, and like, nothing happened. But that was only because they were like, waiting. you know. They're crafty. Maybe they were afraid of the guns.

In all seriousness the very real threat of LEO's is often misjudged. Especially in a thread that began with word games associated with opiated snack references. Can't we all just get along and leave the Ashcrofting to the proper authorities?
Everything in moderation, including moderation.

EvilDustBooger

Post by EvilDustBooger » Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:54 am

Hey man. Got any white pancake?

Sobretta Franjipan

Post by Sobretta Franjipan » Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:50 am

"--------Not to spread any paranoia but look at the basic stats for this thread: 28 posts, 330 page views, and it has "star" status. Someone's sure paying attention to the thread. So are there any LEO's out there that would care to speak up?"

Well, I'm paying attention. The star caught my eye. It had a lot of activity and I'd never heard of laudanum. All in the same breath with absinthe? O.K.

No LEO. No paranoia. No biggie.

Hmmmmmm. Now on to google-

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:35 am

Actually, ~10 views to every post is fairly standard from my thread watching...

And we'd gone a couple of weeks of not posting here.....
The Lady with a Lamprey

Return to “2005 Theme Camps”