Few camp spots available - excellent realestate

Yo-fus

Few camp spots available - excellent realestate

Post by Yo-fus » Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:50 am

Hey there... There are a few spots for single burners in our camp. Females have preference as we are trying hard to ballance out gender ratios in our camp currently...

You will have to participate! That means some setup and some cleanup. Fees are graciously accepted for supplies but meals are catered for the most part - we have a camp cook!

Location is great... We are on the power grid and ice is nearby. Local to all the best amenities on the playa!

stuart

Post by stuart » Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:38 am

puke
call me baby

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:41 am

Quick, stuart, let's called Jiffy Lube and have them do an intervention about that gender ratio business. Teach them what a man can do in the wilds...
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:46 am

Or we could find one of those women who specializes in remaking guys into sissy girls--complete with uniform.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.

Chai Guy

Post by Chai Guy » Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:03 pm

But how are the schools? And is the neighborhood "racially diverse"?

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:11 pm

Ah, well the schools are weak in academics, but superb in deportment. And that's what counts, yes?
The Lady with a Lamprey

kidhack

Post by kidhack » Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:03 am

lol

Elemental666

Post by Elemental666 » Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:13 am

see this is one of those threads where I totally miss the point of the flames...
R.I.P. Nasu Dyami
============
[url=http://www.elementalchaos.com/]www.elementalchaos.com[/url]

Kinetic IV

Post by Kinetic IV » Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:29 am

Elemental666 wrote:see this is one of those threads where I totally miss the point of the flames...
Well there's a couple of things that some might take offense to. The first comment about females having preference makes it sound a little seedy, like he's trying to improve the male / female ratio for other purposes. There are ways to get the women, this is not it, try harder.

Some people think the idea of fees is ridiculous. One of the camp offers I'm considering has a fee attached...I have no problem with it, some do. And then there's the proximity to ice and the grid. Some hardcore burners think the grid sucks, center camp and Camp Artica should be banished, and on and on it goes.

Personally the only thing that smacked me as strange was the females preferred thing. The playa has always been neutral on that from what I've seen.
K-IV
~~~~
Thank you for over 7 years of eplaya memories. I have asked Emily Sparkle to delete my account and I am gone. Goodbye and Goodluck to all of you! I will miss you!

zorro sings
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Hostel

Post by zorro sings » Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:46 am

Yeah,I agree with Elemental.What's the big problem here?Would you rather the organizer keep his criteria agenda hidden?I know at our camp the "gender equality"goal is thought of in a positive light.Being that most participants at The Project are male,I don't see a crime in preferring something different.
Be careful. You can spend all your money in there..............................Oriental Visitor

Wakawaka

Post by Wakawaka » Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:05 am

How do we know the poster is male?

I agree with Stuart though. Gag.

Kinetic IV

Post by Kinetic IV » Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:23 am

Being that most participants at The Project are male
Take a look at this.
http://afterburn.burningman.com/04/cens ... index.html

57% male, 41% female, 1% transgender, 1% no response.

I'm not trying to be snarky but I thought I'd offer up the above as starting point if a discussion gets going. Gender equality is already facing an uphill battle if you look at those stats....anyway I'm just posting random ideas on this. It's interesting to think about.
K-IV
~~~~
Thank you for over 7 years of eplaya memories. I have asked Emily Sparkle to delete my account and I am gone. Goodbye and Goodluck to all of you! I will miss you!

Ron

Post by Ron » Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:58 am

Elemental666 wrote:see this is one of those threads where I totally miss the point of the flames...
That might be because you're looking at the OP, rather than the responces. Flaming, most often, isn't about the orginal poster, it's about the flamers, seems to me. Folk feel a need to attempt to make themselves appear a certain way. Maybe it's smart, maybe it's bitter, maybe it's enlightened, or whatever and they do so by making snarky comments.

It's not about the shape of the flame, it's about who struck the match, I think...

Ron

stuart

Post by stuart » Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:21 pm

if you have to ask...
call me baby

Return to “2005 Theme Camps”