Last minute burners need a camp to call home

tilt676

Last minute burners need a camp to call home

Post by tilt676 » Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:06 pm

There are three of us two boys and a girl we are looking for a nice fun place to call home.......we have been getting worried more so than anything else about shade structures and showers and bikes......so i guess we would be looking for a camp that has all three of these but of course we would settle for just a shade structure........we are not looking to be mooches we will be brining enough supplies to sustain ourselves and would be more than happy to help in the set up as well as clean up of a camp or possibly whatever else we could barter drop me a line [email protected]

ryan

buckethead alien
Burning Since: 1997

Post by buckethead alien » Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:32 am

Yes, you do sound like mooches. Just go.

blyslv

Post by blyslv » Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:28 am

You can camp with us, we have plenty of shade, food and booze. Bring your electrical needs as well, and we will fufill those.

We'll be camped on the 10th road out on the NE corner of Addlepated. Just ask for the Who's IOn Charge Camp.

We look forward to seeing you!
Fight for the fifth freedom!

Mind Scan

Post by Mind Scan » Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:22 pm

The Therapeutic Mind Scan is looking for some people to join us, and if possible arrive on Tuesday. The camp will be at Catharsis and 5:30, a prime spot near Center Camp!

The Mind Scan is a video based installation where visitors sit at a console, hit a button, and see their 'subconscious' displayed on a big screen. The fun part will be 'playing doctor' and 'scanning' visitors, then giving them a souvenir sticker. We'll have some doctor costumes which you'll be welcome to customize. Play doctor as much as you want but we'd like some participation.

We won't have a rave or a bar, though partying is more than welcome, and would like people who will help keep the camp clean and will behave respectfully. You'll need to provide all your own supplies, water, and sleep quarters. It'll be nice to do communal dinners, and of course you'll be welcome to hang out in the Scanner tent while you're in camp.

We won't arrive until Wednesday night so we're hoping someone can arrive on Tuesday and put up a banner I'll provide to hold the space. If you can't make it early we may have space in the RV going up Wednesday.

If you'd like to join us send some more info about yourself and we can discuss it further. Thanks for your interest!

Michael
http://therapeuticmindscan.com/

Map of Burning Man: http://www.burningman.com/preparation/m ... 05_map.pdf
Survival Guide: http://www.burningman.com/preparation/e ... index.html

blyslv

Post by blyslv » Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:08 pm

Mind Scan wrote:prime spot

Your project sound very interesting and fun and promises to make people happy and to think.

But what exactly do you mean by "prime spot." I, and many of the people I know who are going, plan to create their own prime spots, wherever they are. And it will have no reference to the location of Center Camp. I ask because it sounds like another deliniation of the "Kool Kids" and everyone else. And I'm still licking my wounds from High school.
Fight for the fifth freedom!

geekster

Post by geekster » Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:16 pm

We won't arrive until Wednesday
They aren't THAT cool.

Hell, the event is pretty much over by Friday morning.
Pabst Blue Ribbon - The beer that made Gerlach famous.

Mind Scan

Catharsis and 5:30

Post by Mind Scan » Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:46 pm

Map of Burning Man: http://www.burningman.com/preparation/m ... 05_map.pdf

Mind Scan

Post by Mind Scan » Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:47 pm

true, we aren't that cool because we have jobs that don't allow us to leave any earlier, god damn it. :(

u2pilot

Post by u2pilot » Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:18 am

Final call for campers -- Playground (formerly The GLOM).
Located at 3:30 on the Esplanade.

Why camp with us? Because you'll have a lot of fun in a high-intensity Esplanade Theme Camp, which is the home of some great attractions for grown-up's:
  • * gASSo, a full-service Ass station, with:
    • - Orgasmatron,
      - Spank-o-Matic,
      - Flaming Propane Enemas,
      - Bondage Wall
    * The Chairway-to-Heaven, a 4-story elevator,
    * 40' Teeter-Totter (new this year).
    * Dancing Minions (anatomically-correct and fully-animated)
    * The BASS (Big Ass Shade Structure) and bar
    * Dual-table massage studio
    * Home camp for The Burning Band
    * Home camp for self-propelled gazebo, Magic Carpet and Flying Saucer art cars
Co-located with The Q, which is hosting the bar and giving away 500 lbs of pork sandwiches at lunch.

Dues are $25, or $50 with 24/7 electricity from ConGLOMerated Edison.

Six 2-hour work-shifts required, but it will the most fun you ever had doing something you got to call work.

We still have some space, but noon Monday (8/22) is our final deadline for new campers.

Details & sign-up: http://www.PlayaPlayground.com/

-- Major-D, Playground Camp Coordinator.
-- [email protected]

BigBeare

Post by BigBeare » Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:18 pm

[quote=]
Dues are $25, or $50 with 24/7 electricity from ConGLOMerated Edison.

[/quote]

Dues? DUES? Since when is BM about DUES?

Return to “2005 Theme Camps”