Sacramento Projects?

A unique and distinctive culture emerges from the Burning Man experience. Rooted in the values expressed by the Ten Principles, this culture is manifested around the globe through art, communal effort, and innumerable individual acts of self-expression. To many, it is a way of life.
Hey Daisy
Burning Since: 2016

Sacramento Projects?

Postby Hey Daisy » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:06 am

Hi everyone,

2017 will be my second year on the playa and I'd really like to get involved in a local project.

Are there any projects going on in the Sacramento, CA area that need another set of hands? My Burning Man resolution this year is to work on that whole participation thing. :P

Please let me know if you are involved in any groups that would like a little help!
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution." -Einstein

Dr. Pyro
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby Dr. Pyro » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:10 pm

Though I won't be there this month (the Barbie Death Village semi-annual state of the Village meeting is that night in Loomis) the Sacramento Meet-Up is this Thursday, April 6 at Bennie's Bar and Grille, 20th and Q street beginning around 7 p.m. There will be probably 50 burners there and they may well be looking for help.

Hey Daisy

Re:

Postby Hey Daisy » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:58 pm

Dr. Pyro wrote:Though I won't be there this month (the Barbie Death Village semi-annual state of the Village meeting is that night in Loomis) the Sacramento Meet-Up is this Thursday, April 6 at Bennie's Bar and Grille, 20th and Q street beginning around 7 p.m. There will be probably 50 burners there and they may well be looking for help.

I have heard of the Bennie's meet-up but I'm a bit *ahem* shy. So I haven't mustered up the courage to show up to that yet lol
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution." -Einstein

BBadger
Burning Since: 2018

Re: Sacramento Projects?

Postby BBadger » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:58 am

Yup, it's always like that. After a few visits you'll soon be a regular though.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.

Hey Daisy

Postby Hey Daisy » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:16 am

BBadger wrote:Yup, it's always like that. After a few visits you'll soon be a regular though.

You're probably right, I'm just a wimp lol. Even posting this made my blood pressure jump a bit. :oops:

trilobyte
Site Admin
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby trilobyte » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:19 am

Go re-read your first post... it's your resolution, isn't it? Getting involved largely means showing up. If it helps, remember that when you go to something like that, even though that very first time you don't know anyone... you're far from alone. You're in pretty much the exact spot all of the people at the meetup were in at some point. That and by virtue of being burners you've also got that crazy thing in the desert in common. Breaking the ice is easier than you think :)

Hey Daisy

Postby Hey Daisy » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:30 am

That's very true!

I just need to suck it up and give it a try.

pure
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: CampMindfully

Postby pure » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:59 pm

We are bringing a mural and a teeny tiny theme camp this year.
and could definitely use a handy hand.

Hey Daisy

Postby Hey Daisy » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:01 pm

I'll PM you!

pure
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: CampMindfully

Postby pure » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:33 pm

Hay Daisy,

If'n you are still into it, I could still use a hand on this massive painting project.

:coffee:
─▀██▀─▄███▄─▀██─██▀██▀▀▀█─
──██─▀██▄██▀─▀█▄█▀─██▀█───
─▄██▄▄█▀▀▀─────▀──▄██▄▄▄█─

ACfromSAC
Burning Since: 2019
Camp Name: SLAYER!

Postby ACfromSAC » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:39 pm

Interested party checking in from Sacramento. PM me details!

Dr. Pyro
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby Dr. Pyro » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:36 pm

The Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro pre-playa-party is at my home on Saturday, August 19. It'll go from noon to about 6 p.m. Swimming, BBQ, beer, all funded by the best damn theme camp on the playa. We'll have swag for everyone. This is open to all burners in the general Sacramento-Placer-Nevada-El Dorado County region, not just Barbiebarians. If you'd like to meet some of your fellow burners from many different camps, this is your chance. Would love to see you there. PM me and I'll give you the address. (We also would like you to RSVP in any event so we know how many kegs to buy.)

LoNNie APPLESEED
Burning Since: 2020
Camp Name: 'ROSEBURN' = Roseburg, Oregon

Postby LoNNie APPLESEED » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:51 pm

I was born in North Highlands, Sactown( 95660 ), ...moved to Amador County for 28 years, then to Roseburg, Oregon! I wish I could have been more involved with Sacramento 'Burners', ...but I will try to connect with other like-minded people here in Roseburg, Oregon!

I miss Sactown( especially the 'Underground' scene in the 90's / 'Ooga Booga' Watt Ave, for example )...

LoNNie
8)

korierika4
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: Temple of the flying spaghetti monster

Postby korierika4 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:56 pm

Hey Daisy wrote:That's very true!

I just need to suck it up and give it a try.

Hi, I'm in Sacramento area as well and I too have anxiety issues. This will also be my second burn and I too am looking to get involved for 2018. I plan on volunteering at center camp and if like to meet with other local burners to possibly assist in any projects that my time allows. If you are feeling shy and want a buddy to go with you to the local meetings please feel free to send me a message. Take care
The answer may not be at Burning Man, but shouldn't we at least check :?:

Return to “Get Involved Year-Round”