nighttime videographer

A unique and distinctive culture emerges from the Burning Man experience. Rooted in the values expressed by the Ten Principles, this culture is manifested around the globe through art, communal effort, and innumerable individual acts of self-expression. To many, it is a way of life.

nighttime videographer

Postby joshi » Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:32 pm

Hey kids -

I'm looking for someone with a good video camera who will be filming at night who would be willing to take some footage of my piece sometime during the week.

The details: The piece is a computer-controlled LED-lit bamboo-and-fabric walkway outside of the Black Rock Housing Authority (a large-scale sound-art camp) dome. Assuming all goes according to plan - and yes, I know what an assumption that is - it should be up and running even on Monday, and then will run each night throughout the week.

Right now, the show I wrote for it is 23 minutes long. I just installed it at a party we threw here in MI and realized many changes I want to make in it, lots of stuff that needs to be scrapped or shortened, but I suspect that the final draft will be at least that long. Now, I don't need someone to film the whole thing, but getting a lot of it would be nice..

Anyone able and willing to do this? And send me a video clip afterwards?

Thanks bunches!

Postby PHOTOgeek » Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:30 pm

Can't help you with the video part, but would be willing to do some nighttime still photos of your piece in action.

Sounds like a cool project, I might be able to get some good shots of it!
Check out my site for some examples of my work.

Have a great burn!

Postby joshi » Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:57 pm

Hey cool... take some shots! We're at 10:00 and Chance.

Have a great burn yourself!

(now I sleep, then craziness)

Return to “Get Involved Year-Round”