How would one hook up to do a set on the radio station?

A unique and distinctive culture emerges from the Burning Man experience. Rooted in the values expressed by the Ten Principles, this culture is manifested around the globe through art, communal effort, and innumerable individual acts of self-expression. To many, it is a way of life.
MRGUMBY

How would one hook up to do a set on the radio station?

Postby MRGUMBY » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:48 pm

I used to do broadcast radio and have a pretty diverse collection preserved in digital fashion.

I will be bringing much of this with me to BM and would like to share some of the clicks and pops with BRC.

I have seen nothing but techno on youtube and would like to pass on some of the older Vollenweider/Chip Davis/Asparas acoustic stuff along with some rather special Jam sessions that are my personal Bootlegs...including Jerry Garcia/John Popper/Eddie From Ohio/Atlanta Rythym Section...etc.

If you have some music to contribute and a good DJ voice...who do you talk to?
No matter where you go...there you are.

dragonfly Jafe

Postby dragonfly Jafe » Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:34 pm

...you would need to find a list of the assigned radio stations and their contacts....like here

http://www.k-svert.com/freqs/

then contact owners and see who would be willing to give you some time....

PS - I am running Radio Apokiliptika this year (99.9 FM) and might be able to give you some time...although our setup this year is minimal. You might have better luck with a more comprehensive station...
Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

zerosomething

Postby zerosomething » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:34 pm

doood! radio stations! wow ( not the call sign) thanks for the link.

I hooked up with BMIR to do a few stings for their PAS but I'd love to do some music too. Maybe I'll find you all when I get there ??

I'm hoping to bring my music lib on a laptop so maybe I can share. It's old techno industrial and rap. any way thanks.
it all starts at zero

goodgodgreg

Postby goodgodgreg » Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:39 am

it's one of my dreams to help out and do some on air radio while i'm out there for burning man. I've been told I have a good voice for radio(or was it face?) either way I want to help. Let me do an hour or 2. Interviews! I love doing interviews. contact me. I can't wait.

Stitch

Postby Stitch » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:52 pm

Try talking to Gary over at Radio Electra. It helps if you're a good looking young lady.

goodgodgreg

Postby goodgodgreg » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:50 pm

damn a good looking lady i'm not, but it doesn't mean I wont be in a skirt haha. thanks for the help

Homiesinheaven
Burning Since: 2008

Postby Homiesinheaven » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:07 pm

you have to sign up to be a BM volunteer and list "BMIR" as an interest. you can contact them here:

http://www.burningman.com/participate/bmir.html

Fire_Moose

Postby Fire_Moose » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:52 pm

Ill let Gary know about this thread...
2K8 Burning Man Virgin 2K11 Camp Envy
2K9 Camp Envy 2k12 Fucking Flamingoes
2k10 Stag Camp 2k13 Camp Envy

Rockstar

Postby Rockstar » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:55 pm

Stitch wrote:Try talking to Gary over at Radio Electra. It helps if you're a good looking young lady.

Got to love that lady Stitch firing the 44mag! She needs to head out west for a visit!

But Yeah we take on new DJ's each year. We want to talk or at least swap e-mail with them about what we do first though. The e-mail address on the Freq list is not correct. You can email us at electrafm@triconet.org.

www.radio-electra.org

G

Return to “Get Involved Year-Round”