We are open 24/7 throughout the event, from 11am Monday, August 27th, through 3pm Monday, September 3rd. We’re staffed in four-hour shifts that start at 7, 11, & 3 around the clock - that’s both AM and PM. So whether you’re an early riser, or a night owl, we’ve got a place for you! It's behind our saucy counter.
We are staffed with experienced baristas, cashiers, runners, brewers and, honestly, there are just a gazillion little things that need doing all the time:
- Baristas *must* have prior experience and be able to make espressos, lattes, & cappuccinos in all their many variations on a standard machine;
- Cashiers work it at the counter, taking orders & making change;
- Runners keep things running smooth behind the counter, filling ice coolers (yes! Getting ice out of the ice truck at noon in the desert!), pouring the cold drinks, and keeping your barista stocked.
There are only THREE steps to the scheduling process, but the second step is an inactive step, so it's like you're really only doing TWO things and then you’re on the Coffee Shop team. These are the steps:
1) Fill out the “New Registration Form” (instructions below!)
3) Wait for your welcome letter with your password
2) Choose the shifts you want!
That’s it. Easy-peasy. No back & forth emails, just YOU scheduling the shifts that YOU want. We’ll still be here to help & you can totally email us at anytime: [email protected]. We're here to help. And drink coffee. And chai. Oh! And hot chocolate. But mostly we're here to help. Even when we’re drinking lemonade.
Okay, when we said "three steps"? We might have been really simplifying things. There are more steps, but they're little, tiny steps that kind of add up to one step. So, here are your sub-steps. Or your step-by-step. We could call it anything really. Let’s call it...
STEP ONE: REGISTERING FOR YOUR ACCOUNT:
1) Go to https://www.shiftboard.com/BMCoffeeShop/
2) Click on “New Registration”
3) Fill out your information.
a. Yes, we need your contact information.
(Enter your phone number like this: 987-123-4567 (Don’t use any parenthesis! (Even thought we all know that parenthesis are awesome! (Um. Especially *nested* parenthesis!)))
b. If you are a barista, this is where you let us know!
Please tell us specifically about your professional experience. Wow us with your crazy knowledge and/or your years of experience. Give us a reference. Tell us something that lets us know that you're ready to rock out in one of the busiest Coffee Shops *ever*.
c. If you are a part of our Core Crew, let us know in the “How did you hear about us” section.
If you are wondering if you are Core Crew, you are not, but you are welcome to discuss this with a volunteer wrangler at the event at the volunteer table! If you're intrigued by this, come by early in the week to the Volunteer Table, which is in front of the Magical Unicorn Dolphin, to the right of the coffee counter.
4) Click the “Submit Application” button in the lower left hand corner of the screen.
This button is small and it may try to hide from you. Don’t let that button trick you! You’re better than a button. Hunt it down and click on it! Yeah, like that! Bam. Clicked. Oh yeah...
5) You will need to enter the 3 characters into the box under the“No-Spam Code:” section or the machine will think that you are a robot and it will not let you continue.
We are decidedly NOT anti-robot in the coffee shop. So, if you’re a robot, and can’t fill out the captcha, because of your robot-ness, just send us an email to let us know and we’ll make sure that you get all scheduled up. We love robots, even if our software doesn’t.
6) Once your registration is approved, we'll assign you to a team (either general or barista), you will get welcome letter emailed to you (within 72 hours), with your password, login, and instructions on how to sign-up for your shifts. You’ll need to go to the site again to sign up for your shifts.
And then you are done. It’s like magic, but with coffee.
When you're scheduling yourself, it would be great if you were to keep in mind that the late night shifts, any shift during/after a burn and all the shifts after Saturday at 7pm until we close on Monday are the hardest for us to fill, so if you're up for it please take one of those shifts on. I promise that they're lots of fun! Okay, the truth is that *you* make them fun. See? We need you so bad…
We can't wait to see you all caffeinated and covered in dust!
The Center Camp Cafe Coffee Shop Scheduling Team,
Witchy, cIndiana Jones, and Honey Badger