Get involved now...

A unique and distinctive culture emerges from the Burning Man experience. Rooted in the values expressed by the Ten Principles, this culture is manifested around the globe through art, communal effort, and innumerable individual acts of self-expression. To many, it is a way of life.
unjonharley
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Elliot's naked bycycel repair

Get involved now...

Post by unjonharley » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:15 pm

Hot summer is here.. Stupid people are already cooking there kids..

Today's news: 2 year old left in car for better part of the day.. Cooked to death..

Don't be a lazy wad.. Park away from the store and walk.. Watch for kids in cars dying.. See a kid in a closed car, Call the cops.. If the kid looks like they are in trouble.. Bust the fucking windows..

Same go's for dogs.. If you bust the window keep the tire iron handy.. You may have to adjust the owner.. Always call the cops first.. If the owner comes out a drives away.. Get the number the police will follow up.. Take a picture with your cell phone..

Wouldn't you love to be a life saving hero??

BBadger
Burning Since: 2010

Re: Get involved now...

Post by BBadger » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:29 pm

Damn right! It's your civic duty!

People leave the car thinking the car is cool because the AC was on during the drive, but then it heats up very quickly -- shorter than the "only a moment" bullshit excuses people make -- resulting extremely hot conditions that can result in death. There was a local news story where the reporter wanted to see how long he could survive in a hot car like that (with medical personnel around to supervise). He lasted about 10 minutes, and was completely delirious and nearly collapsed by the time they hauled him out. Imagine that for a child or animal. It can get to 160 degrees in there depending on the day.

On a more morbid note: my family would take bets on how many children and pets will be left in hot cars each summer. There are different guesses for whether the victim dies or is found and survives. Last year was a big total, with 5 or so dying in the first month. Not a good thing.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.

unjonharley

Post by unjonharley » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:35 am

Screw that " o charges, the parent has suffered enough with the lose of a child".

I call it murder..It may be negligent homicide but murder non the less.."Poor parent" your ass.. That kids blood boiled and cook it alive..

BeeWeeDee
Burning Since: 2012

Post by BeeWeeDee » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:51 am

I was hoping to use my closed up car on the Playa as an incubator for my yogurt culture each day. Inoculate the scalded milk in the morning, let the heat do it's thing during the day and then by the next morning it would be cool again. Eat and gift fresh yogurt each day? Good idea or bad?
The next morning you will wake up pretty much your old self except that a very unusual 16 hours will have been added to your store of life experience.

unjonharley

Post by unjonharley » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:10 am

BeeWeeDee wrote:I was hoping to use my closed up car on the Playa as an incubator for my yogurt culture each day. Inoculate the scalded milk in the morning, let the heat do it's thing during the day and then by the next morning it would be cool again. Eat and gift fresh yogurt each day? Good idea or bad?
Should work..

Just don't leave a kid i with it.. Please... this is not a thread that should drift..

Savannah
Burning Since: 2023

Post by Savannah » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:44 pm

Even with all 4 windows lowered about 2 inches, this car got 4 degrees hotter than I've ever felt in my life.

[media]
*** The Burning Man Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle

Milayna
Burning Since: 2012

Post by Milayna » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:13 pm

Savannah wrote:Even with all 4 windows lowered about 2 inches, this car got 4 degrees hotter than I've ever felt in my life.

[media]
This is an excellent video! I show it to all my clients (I'm an animal trainer), and posted it on my blog. This thread is also great, I always look in car windows when I go to the store or mall for this exact reason. Keep an eye out and you may save a life!!

unjonharley

Post by unjonharley » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:17 pm

The death toll for kids cooked to death in cars so far 2013....
Is 23

DrewDubious
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Snuggery bunnies?

Post by DrewDubious » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:41 pm

madness...

Return to “Get Involved Year-Round”