East Coast Trucks

A unique and distinctive culture emerges from the Burning Man experience. Rooted in the values expressed by the Ten Principles, this culture is manifested around the globe through art, communal effort, and innumerable individual acts of self-expression. To many, it is a way of life.
DokktorWho222

East Coast Trucks

Post by DokktorWho222 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:32 pm

Hey just looking to connect with some east coast burners who road trip it to the Burn every year. I'd like to hook up with a camp that hauls out or drives out from the NE part of the country. I know about Videogasm, but are there any others? Every year i've gone to a Burn i've driven (flying seems like cheating in some weird way to me) and i do alot of daily driving for my job. Maybe another camp out there is interested in doing the truck thing in 2014? Thoughts on who might be looking for a driver? Michigan to NY state to NC. Any tips in the right direction are appreciated. Thanks!
"The Lord is my shepherd...I shall not want for nothing. He makes me lie down in the green pastures. He greases up my head with oil. He gives me kung-fu in the face of my enemies. Amen."
-Tom Cullen - The Stand

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Re: East Coast Trucks

Post by theCryptofishist » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:08 am

Please. Once is enough. Three times in less than a week. Annoyingly excessive. Poking it over and over won't make it come to life.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

DokktorWho222

Post by DokktorWho222 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:38 am

Thanks for your helpful response.
"The Lord is my shepherd...I shall not want for nothing. He makes me lie down in the green pastures. He greases up my head with oil. He gives me kung-fu in the face of my enemies. Amen."
-Tom Cullen - The Stand

tummler

Post by tummler » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:30 am

DrWho, can't tell if you're being sarcastic or actually expressing gratitude.

A few things you can do while waiting for replies might be connecting with your regional group, considering how you can be the one to organize such a truck, and practicing patience. No replies? Bump the post in a month or so.

BBadger
Burning Since: 2010

Post by BBadger » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:39 am

It's kind of early anyway. People just got back and aren't even thinking about the logistics of their next burn. It's like posting to get involved in some big project, when that often takes place later in the year.

As noted above, regionals are a great way to keep in touch with people in your area that share your interests. The request would probably receive more localized responses than one addressed to a worldwide audience like on this message board. Many people don't realize just what a resource those regionals are, and how many people are involved in them that are also involved at Burning Man itself. You might find your next camp, or some project you can help with that gets brought to BM in the late summer.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.

DokktorWho222

Post by DokktorWho222 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:08 am

Yeah, i have some regional contacts here in my own area, and i am looking into exploring those possibilities later next year. Just trying to see if anyone knows anything on a larger scale from an area that i'm not that close to. Boston, NYC, DC, Mich, NC. I know about PDF, have some friends who go. Ive been looking to get into that arena to get connected with someone. I know it's early, i'm just riding the high from the Burn and trying to get involved.
-Tom Cullen - The Stand

Return to “Get Involved Year-Round”